IGNORED

From a Brentford ST Holder...

PFree

Interesting read, seems they have so much right right now!

My husband is a Brentford Football Club season ticket holder. Last week he told me he’d received a call from them. I’ll be honest, my first thought was ‘oh they are going to ask for more money’. But how wrong I was. They asked how he was feeling, how his mental health was and if there was anything they could do to help him at this time. Followed by a chat about the club, football and just life in general which I could tell he really enjoyed. I haven’t stopped thinking about it since he told me. Thankfully, Alan is doing well, but had he not have been, that call would have made a world of difference to him and I’m sure it has for lots of the other supporters they’ve reached out to. Huge praise and thanks to the team at Brentford for using their time and resource on looking after their fans in such a personal, genuine way. It’s so important that conversations around mental health are being had especially with those who may not be so forthcoming in sharing. Incredible work. Up the Bees!

I’m fairly sure City have done something along these lines. I know Scotty has certainly done some stuff, but that really isn’t going to surprise anyone I shouldn’t imagine. Korey sent my lad a birthday video during the first lockdown. The club in fact have done a lot of great stuff during this pandemic, right down to using the stadium in anyway possible. Stories like this are certainly good to hear & it shows the positives football can have. COYR 

Archived