IGNORED

Holden Facing The Press This Afternoon

Silvio Dante

17 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Worst press conference I’ve ever heard. Love Gregor’s part in showing Dean Holden up for what he is. A poor man’s Kevin Keegan

Dean Nice But Dim

17 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Whilst I 100% agree that he’s not the manager we want nor need, personal comments are equally uncalled for. 

To be fair it’s an incredibly dull & dim press conference - there’s no way he’s motivating anyone players or fans.

What I have noticed in virtually every interview & press conference is they Dean never talks tactically about matches, it’s always, working hard, together as a group, fight for each other etc - surely that should be a red flag to his bosses.

Poor questions from journalists, leading DH into talking about coping strategies, lockdown etc. 
he seems to putting his feelings and emotions and how he acts, at the forefront. Possibly taking it too personally, he needs to toughen up a bit. 
I’m not really interested in personal attributes, I’d like to know more about the football 

There’s more to management than saying “ We go again” “We’ll look in the mirror” “I’m a fighter, I’m come back from situations like this before” etc. 

Just pretty basic stuff. It’s something the coach of Longwell Green or Cadbury Heath would say to his players... No mention of tactics or analysis of how we can be better. Others have pointed this out but this interview really is telling that he’s way above his level, currently anyway.

I hope he does well as he’s a real nice bloke.

4 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Poor questions from journalists, leading DH into talking about coping strategies, lockdown etc. 
he seems to putting his feelings and emotions and how he acts, at the forefront. Possibly taking it too personally, he needs to toughen up a bit. 
I’m not really interested in personal attributes, I’d like to know more about the football 

Spot on Max 

You should go on one of the podcasts Max - You are astute , sensible , to the point and would be a good addition to any 

Be good to have a female voice on one of them 

7 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Spot on Max 

You should go on one of the podcasts Max - You are astute , sensible , to the point and would be a good addition to any 

Be good to have a female voice on one of them 

Thanks but I’d be terrible on one of those. I think the present lineups are pretty good.

8 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Thanks but I’d be terrible on one of those. I think the present lineups are pretty good.

Bet you wouldn’t 

Speaking ‘publicly’ not everyone’s cup of tea but you forget that when doing them 

I think it’s great we have a really good , and often funny , female poster (Especially with Peg and Dolly busy )

(There May be others I’m not aware of)

I suspect you’d be a hit !

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

To be fair, once they crossed the line from kitchen to plate, coleslaw was all over the place, not enough movement from fish cake whilst the peppers played a disjointed offside line.  Chips got through a lot work, which I was pleased about though.  Something to build on.

When do we see the video analysis?

To be fair, once they crossed the line from kitchen to plate, coleslaw was all over the place, not enough movement from fish cake whilst the peppers played a disjointed offside line.  Chips got through a lot work, which I was pleased about though.  Something to build on.

No, Joe had the other fish cake....gutsy sod!

???

Missed these posts last night Dave

Made me laugh a lot - thanks

Love the slices of humour that appear in virtually every thread on here 

I’m still trying to work out the -

Dean Holden press conference but no player , with DH appearing to not be aware

> A Press Embargo until 5pm (why ?)

> Steve Lansdown suddenly asks to , and appears , on Radio Bristol at 6pm - No publicity from Club or Radio Bristol (Indicating IMHO it was literally last minute)

There’s a story in amongst that series of events 

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

2440592E-75D1-4568-A434-A255C8A9DBC7.thumb.jpeg.0a053a072f201d1ec1a5d7c9ba5df765.jpeg

Coleslaw gone missing, peppers overloaded by chips, but box entries = 1.

If you don’t mind me saying - Looks a bit lopsided 

Looks like you’ve loaded your right side Dave and left the thin layer of chips on the left somewhat exposed and vulnerable

Shame you didn’t have a Gherkin up top

I see the Bermudian Mayo has been left sat on the sidelines - looks a bit sour 

I just had a listen and it wasn’t as bad from Holden as I expected having followed this thread.

I completely agree that he doesn’t make a single tactical reference in the whole half hour, which is worrying.

He does sound a bit like he’s reading from a self help book, but I also think he’s genuinely coping with the pressure which is good for him.

Holden sidestepped Gregor’s landmines without breaking sweat.

But ultimately he didn’t convince that he’s got a plan, besides chin up.

The proof will be in the pudding tonight!

14 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

> Steve Lansdown suddenly asks to , and appears , on Radio Bristol at 6pm - No publicity from Club or Radio Bristol (Indicating IMHO it was literally last minute)

If he loses the next 2 games, then he's gone....

20 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

If you don’t mind me saying - Looks a bit lopsided 

Looks like you’ve loaded your right side Dave and left the thin layer of chips on the left somewhat exposed and vulnerable

Shame you didn’t have a Gherkin up top

I see the Bermudian Mayo has been left sat on the sidelines - looks a bit sour 

Is that you Deano? Gherkin is a goalkeeper mate.... 

:laughcont:

50 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Gregor said that he didn’t know why, but that he could only guess that it was because Sky, ITV etc were there, and they wouldn’t put there stuff out til 5pm, so Gregor restricted until that time.

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

I reckon the most likely explanation here is that SL wanted to hear what the press position was and how hard they were going on Holden. I think GMcG is quite a good yardstick of opinion and if he went hard, SL knew he had a real problem. So it’s embargoed until he heard it fully. In two minds, then sees the explosion on here and other social media at 5 and realised he needs to step in. JL currently jammin’ and MA coming on toxic so has to be him. 

I’d gauge he thought he might have to do it having heard the presser, but the reaction tipped him into it.

The no players thing and Holden being unaware I have no theory on. Other than there is clearly somebody leaking things to undermine (re the Caribbean and the left backs), so it wouldn’t surprise me if that same person had stitched that scenario up.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

I reckon the most likely explanation here is that SL wanted to hear what the press position was and how hard they were going on Holden. I think GMcG is quite a good yardstick of opinion and if he went hard, SL knew he had a real problem. So it’s embargoed until he heard it fully. In two minds, then sees the explosion on here and other social media at 5 and realised he needs to step in. JL currently jammin’ and MA coming on toxic so has to be him. 

I’d gauge he thought he might have to do it having heard the presser, but the reaction tipped him into it.

The no players thing and Holden being unaware I have no theory on. Other than there is clearly somebody leaking things to undermine (re the Caribbean and the left backs), so it wouldn’t surprise me if that same person had stitched that scenario up.

I can follow those thoughts Silvio 

As for the missing player - I wondered or suspected whether they may be in some sort of ‘ meeting ‘ , or getting addressed by SL

Add in JPs claim that DH struggles with the politics and it’s all looking a bit messy

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

I can follow those thoughts Silvio 

As for the missing player - I wondered or suspected whether they may be in some sort of ‘ meeting ‘ , or getting addressed by SL

Add in JPs claim that DH struggles with the politics and it’s all looking a bit messy

Yeah the player thing is the real unusual bit here. It was known in the morning that no players were attending and we wondered if Holden was protecting them. So for him to be unaware is bizarre. It can’t be that they were training as DH would have known.

Again, joining some dots I wonder if under normal circumstances Dave Barton sorts out the players attending the presser with the team and Holdens out of the loop, and Barton has been told not to put anyone up by someone else (Ashton?) or the players don’t want to speak. For that theory to hold water it would mean Holden has no line of sight on who is speaking to the media under normal circumstances which is again odd, but it’s the only thing that explains why he didn’t know this time.

Im sure the conference notes said Dave Barton would tell Gregor after, but not seen the outcome of that.

As I say, I can theorise the embargo and SL with some logic. But the only logic that supports DH not knowing a player wasn’t attending is that he doesn’t know normally. Which is frankly bizarre!

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah the player thing is the real unusual bit here. It was known in the morning that no players were attending and we wondered if Holden was protecting them. So for him to be unaware is bizarre. It can’t be that they were training as DH would have known.

Again, joining some dots I wonder if under normal circumstances Dave Barton sorts out the players attending the presser with the team and Holdens out of the loop, and Barton has been told not to put anyone up by someone else (Ashton?) or the players don’t want to speak. For that theory to hold water it would mean Holden has no line of sight on who is speaking to the media under normal circumstances which is again odd, but it’s the only thing that explains why he didn’t know this time.

Im sure the conference notes said Dave Barton would tell Gregor after, but not seen the outcome of that.

As I say, I can theorise the embargo and SL with some logic. But the only logic that supports DH not knowing a player wasn’t attending is that he doesn’t know normally. Which is frankly bizarre!

I didn’t realise it was known in the morning that no player would be attending Silvio - ta

But Dean not aware until the presser 

I guess then the possibility there is Dean busy in meetings himself etc (SL?) and thus not aware 

21 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

That’s a great explanation.

9 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Normally players go first.

8 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Which is frankly bizarre!

...but possibly not a bizarre as a couple of hours later the local press reporter being given the two bombshell titbits - that the Chair is in the Caribbean at a time of crisis (and pandemic lockdown) - a potential PR disaster - and - more incredibly - that the whole excuse for our fragility, lack of left sided cover, where we have thrown an 18 yearly to the wolves and for which we are expected to sympathise with the Head Coach - is down to the board refusing to sign any one of three available (and named) left sided defenders! 

Archived