IGNORED

Holden Facing The Press This Afternoon

Silvio Dante

58 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

FFS if ever there was a case of 'fiddling whilst Rome burns' this is it. We are in real danger of being relegated if we carry on with the current regime and it seems SL just does not want to accept that the appointments made were a big mistake

Whilst I dearly want us to win, perhaps if Reading put 6 past us too it will finally force SL to act!

The way I see it going:

The humiliation of last Saturday forces a short term and necessary improvement, because even the players have more pride than that and some shame when they are driving to the ground in their £75K motor surely, and we will scrap for enough points in the accepted style (i.e. shite) to ease relegation worries (we might be doing it mainly in 1's rather than 3's mind but that's by the by)

Season Tickets are put on sale when it's obvious we are more or less safe

Uptake is hugely down for both Covid and "I've had enough of this bollocks and seen through you Lansdown" reasons

Steve and Mark now have a perfect excuse to get rid without having to admit any abject failure on their own part and, as usual, after a script that took months to write is trotted out by Steve the "we're so lucky to have Steve in charge" platitudes also get trotted out and the slate is wiped clean - Holden, Laurel and Hardy are gone either at or shortly before the end of the season

Andy Rolls, given one last chance to prove this season's injury catastrophe was bad luck, despite us being the third consecutive club under his charge that has been ruined, will be spending £5K down Waterstones as soon as Boris allows them to open on every medical, fitness, rehabilitation and recovery, strength and conditioning book going

Middle of the Road appointment made such as a Danny Cowley equivalent who will work within the structure - not horrendous, certainly an upgrade on the last appointment but not getting you purring with excitement

Mark and Steve announce Promotion next season and far too many people, conditioned to unequivocally trust the regime like half of North Korea, hang on every word and lap it all up, repeat the "we're so lucky to have Steve in charge" mantra and then six months later, realising they have been mugged off for the 18th season in a row, start moaning again

A rather cowardly way of doing it in terms of getting rid of the Head Coach but that's how I see it playing out.

• Admin
44 minutes ago, headhunter said:

a & b

Kalas should man up and speak for all the players and say the level of performance on Saturday was below the standards they set themselves as professionals. But he won't as I think he is a bit of a wuse at times like this. Should have offered to play left side of Taylor Moore on Saturday rather than leave him to shield Towler.

Totally agree, time for the captain to step up 

9 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Tbh the “Deano” thing doesn’t irk me. He’s been here a while, and as an assistant it was always Deano and Macca.

What boils my piss however is the official Twitter/Facebook etc and their references to “Simmo”. He’s just in the door and hasn’t earnt a semi affectionate nickname yet.

Annoys me far more than it should! He’s a man in his 50’s. Just call him Paul Simpson FFS

Same with Semenyo..................boils my piss too.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree.

Out of interest what kind of questions do you think Gregor can ask that he’ll get a proper response to?  It’s one of those situations where if you go all-in on Saturday, you’ll get a standard response - we’ve reviewed the video analysis, I spoke to the players about the standards dropping, etc.

In some respects we don’t need a press-conference, we just need the game.

Shouldn't be a reflective questions about Saturday, should be questions about what do you change looking ahead to Reading

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The way I see it going:

The humiliation of last Saturday forces a short term and necessary improvement, because even the players have more pride than that and some shame when they are driving to the ground in their £75K motor surely, and we will scrap for enough points in the accepted style (i.e. shite) to ease relegation worries (we might be doing it mainly in 1's rather than 3's mind but that's by the by)

Season Tickets are put on sale when it's obvious we are more or less safe

Uptake is hugely down for both Covid and "I've had enough of this bollocks and seen through you Lansdown" reasons

Steve and Mark now have a perfect excuse to get rid without having to admit any abject failure on their own part and, as usual, after a script that took months to write is trotted out by Steve the "we're so lucky to have Steve in charge" platitudes get trotted out and the slate is wiped clean - Holden, Laurel and Hardy are gone either at or shortly before the end of the season

Andy Rolls, given one last chance to prove this season's injury catastrophe was bad luck, despite us being the third consecutive club under his charge that has been ruined, will be spending £5K down Waterstones as soon as Boris allows them to open on every medical, fitness, rehabilitation and recovery, strength and conditioning book going

Middle of the Road appointment made such as a Danny Cowley equivalent who will work within the structure - not horrendous, certainly an upgrade on the last appointment but not getting you purring with excitement

Mark and Steve announce Promotion next season and far too many people, conditioned to unequivocally trust the regime like half of North Korea, hang on every word and lap it all up, repeat the "we're so lucky to have Steve in charge" mantra and then six months later, realising they have been mugged off for the 18th season in a row, start moaning again

A rather cowardly way of doing it in terms of getting rid of the Head Coach but that's how I see it playing out.

Haha the accuracy of this post is actually quite amusing. I think you are spot on fella and it will play out pretty much word for word the same!!

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

I think this implies he ain't getting the boot which is a joke.

I’m not too sure, he usually does it with a player, somethings changed or been said behind the scenes. Think if he doesn’t get anything tomorrow then he’s gone. But if he does win he’ll do his passionate full time punches in the air and the club will act as if everything’s okay again 

Think it’s a little poor that we haven’t heard anything from players or club since Saturday afternoon. I know it’s cringe but it might have been a good idea from Kalas or one the players to post something on social media along the lines of “Simply not good enough from the boys today, apologies to the fans that watched, it’s unacceptable”.

Can you imagine Leeds players or Sheff Weds players being in complete silence after a heavy defeat like that? Their fans wouldn’t take it...

It’s all too nice and silent. Hopefully it’s completely different behind the scenes!

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Think it’s a little poor that we haven’t heard anything from players or club since Saturday afternoon. I know it’s cringe but it might have been a good idea from Kalas or one the players to post something on social media along the lines of “Simply not good enough from the boys today, apologies to the fans that watched, it’s unacceptable”.

Can you imagine Leeds players or Sheff Weds players being in complete silence after a heavy defeat like that? Their fans wouldn’t take it...

It’s all too nice and silent. Hopefully it’s completely different behind the scenes!

I’ve never forgotten when Victor Anichebe tried to offer his apologies for a poor game...

B356C081-A8EC-4D58-8EF3-08D45FC38BDD.jpeg

Be interesting if allowed to ask questions and if he gets a response

Why did we not sign a LB when we knew Rowe was injured and out for an extended period?

Do you think you are getting the best from Lansbury in a position he has publicly stated is not his best

How long will Williams be out for, has he been rushed back too soon?

When did Mawson pick up his injury as seemed OK coming off the pitch

Why do you think we have been unable to get to grips with winning midfield in any game

Perhaps we can come up with a sensible list and see how many our friendly local sports journalist can get answers too.

4 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

So Kalas is the latest to be added to the hit list.  Who’s going to be the first to blame Scott Murray for our present predicament because of the poor standing of ironing?

He’s captain for a reason. He went missing on the pitch Saturday . He’s obviously not a shouter/screamer type captain which is fine . So lead by example . He looked lost without Mawson along side him . He could at least speak in the press. Not on the hit list at all , just questioning him. 

He’s a dead man walking. Feel sorry for the guy being shoved out in front of the media.  Unfortunately he’s going to come out with a load of engineered ‘it hurt’, ‘looking for a reaction’, ‘players are hurting’, ‘good to be playing so soon after a defeat’....

He knows that he isn’t the man for the job, knows he isn’t capable enough, he’s too proud to admit it. What could have been the start of a career in management is likely to end it after half a season. 

Perhaps one of ‘Simmo’ or ‘Keith’ could come out and face the music too. 

36 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

For anyone unable to listen to Dean's press conference later - here's his script:

Saturday was unacceptable, the players know that, we've had a discussion they've held their hands up. They're an honest group and they're desperate to put it right for the supporters. We haven't singled anyone out - we win as a team and lose as a team and that includes me. I'm learning, every day I look at myself and ask myself if I could have done better.

That result has gone now, we can't erase it from the history books all we can do is stick together as a group, work as hard as we possibly can and move on.  Tuesday can't come soon enough for me and the players. We owe the supporters a performance and we'll do everything to achieve that. We'll come out fighting, we've had a punch on the nose and been knocked down but it's how we get back up and respond that matters now. I've been a fighter all my life and I expect the same from my players. We'll give everything on Tuesday, come out fighting, look to get on the front foot and play attacking football. It's what the fans want - it's what I want.

I’m sure we’ll hear another rendition of “I don’t make excuses for defeats, and I’m not blaming injuries for the poor form, but...”

6 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Be interesting if allowed to ask questions and if he gets a response

Why did we not sign a LB when we knew Rowe was injured and out for an extended period?

Do you think you are getting the best from Lansbury in a position he has publicly stated is not his best

How long will Williams be out for, has he been rushed back too soon?

When did Mawson pick up his injury as seemed OK coming off the pitch

Why do you think we have been unable to get to grips with winning midfield in any game

Perhaps we can come up with a sensible list and see how many our friendly local sports journalist can get answers too.

What did SL and MA say to you after Saturdays disgrace.

48 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

For anyone unable to listen to Dean's press conference later - here's his script:

Saturday was unacceptable, the players know that, we've had a discussion they've held their hands up. They're an honest group and they're desperate to put it right for the supporters. We haven't singled anyone out - we win as a team and lose as a team and that includes me. I'm learning, every day I look at myself and ask myself if I could have done better.

That result has gone now, we can't erase it from the history books all we can do is stick together as a group, work as hard as we possibly can and move on.  Tuesday can't come soon enough for me and the players. We owe the supporters a performance and we'll do everything to achieve that. We'll come out fighting, we've had a punch on the nose and been knocked down but it's how we get back up and respond that matters now. I've been a fighter all my life and I expect the same from my players. We'll give everything on Tuesday, come out fighting, look to get on the front foot and play attacking football. It's what the fans want - it's what I want.

Been punched on the nose a lot this season.

32 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Keeping Holden in the job is another sign of the ridiculous timing of the Lansdown regime.

The ludicrous delay in appointing him was bad enough. A decent manager could've been brought in during matches that really were dead rubbers and we'd have gone into the brief summer break with a genuine fresh perspective of what the problems at the club were and where we needed to strengthen. Instead we got "I'll keep doing what Lee did, only worse"...:grr:

Now, I suspect the club's decision-makers know Holden isn't the right man for the job, but they again are delaying taking the decision and - in my view - gravely endangering the club. The longer he's here, the less attractive we look to our better players and prospective recruits. Not to mention the possible threat of a relegation battle.

If decisive action was taken now, the incoming manager would know he only needs 3 wins to keep us safe and he has a third of a season to assess what needs to be done at the club, which players can be improved, which can be released and where we need to strengthen.

Lansdown doth dither . 

38 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree.

Out of interest what kind of questions do you think Gregor can ask that he’ll get a proper response to?  It’s one of those situations where if you go all-in on Saturday, you’ll get a standard response - we’ve reviewed the video analysis, I spoke to the players about the standards dropping, etc.

In some respects we don’t need a press-conference, we just need the game.

Q: Dean, you've lost nine out of the last 12 league games in which time you team have hardly mustered any shots on target. Did it ever cross your mind to resign after Saturday's shambolic defeat?

Q: Following the 6-0 defeat at Vicarage Road, did you speak with Mark Ashton or the Lansdowns? Do you have their backing?

23 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

For once the club has probably read the room. Any kind of social media statement is going to be ridiculed so better off not putting anything out. It’s only going to make things more toxic.

To the likes of Ashton Et al., we are still in with a shout of the playoffs, and Saturday was just a minor blip in our charge towards promotion. 

4 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

To the likes of Ashton Et al., we are still in with a shout of the playoffs, and Saturday was just a minor blip in our charge towards promotion. 

If anyone truly believes we’re still in with a shot of making the playoffs I’d question their sanity

39 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Keeping Holden in the job is another sign of the ridiculous timing of the Lansdown regime.

The ludicrous delay in appointing him was bad enough. A decent manager could've been brought in during matches that really were dead rubbers and we'd have gone into the brief summer break with a genuine fresh perspective of what the problems at the club were and where we needed to strengthen. Instead we got "I'll keep doing what Lee did, only worse"...:grr:

Now, I suspect the club's decision-makers know Holden isn't the right man for the job, but they again are delaying taking the decision and - in my view - gravely endangering the club. The longer he's here, the less attractive we look to our better players and prospective recruits. Not to mention the possible threat of a relegation battle.

If decisive action was taken now, the incoming manager would know he only needs 3 wins to keep us safe and he has a third of a season to assess what needs to be done at the club, which players can be improved, which can be released and where we need to strengthen.

Good post RR.

Re your final para, I know myself there’s been a lot of focus on Diedhiou and whether he’s on the beach.  But is it a possibility that the likes of Hunt and Pato are also starting to think “what if I get injured now, there’s no contract offer on the table”?

Could MA’s gaff with Sky and subsequent interview with 20Man where he admitted he can offer Fam a fantastic deal, but not anyone else, whilst bringing in Lansbury, started to show the discontent on the pitch.  Don’t get me wrong performances have been bad, but commitment and desire has dropped off alarmingly in the last few?

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Good post RR.

Re your final para, I know myself there’s been a lot of focus on Diedhiou and whether he’s on the beach.  But is it a possibility that the likes of Hunt and Pato are also starting to think “what if I get injured now, there’s no contract offer on the table”?

Could MA’s gaff with Sky and subsequent interview with 20Man where he admitted he can offer Fam a fantastic deal, but not anyone else, whilst bringing in Lansbury, started to show the discontent on the pitch.  Don’t get me wrong performances have been bad, but commitment and desire has dropped off alarmingly in the last few?

It’s an interesting debate. I posted a couple of weeks ago that I thought Tommy Rowe had pretty much played his last game for us - serious injury, 33 this year, backup player if all fit and OOC. Hunt and Pato are more likely to get contracts elsewhere at this level but if they know - or it’s intimated - there’s nothing for them here then you could understand them not wanting to have a “Tommy Rowe” and impact future earnings

Archived