IGNORED

One More Yes Man and You've Lost the Fan Base...

14 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Same. I watched the Champions League last night

Feel like I’ve become a follower not a supporter. I also go to see Worthing and I’m far more upset about the way the lower leagues are being treated. Worthing have been in the auto promotion positions for 2 seasons now. Due to Covid they have suspended promotions. Decent attendances for their level. Little cash I’d imagine. 

The only reason I support SL’s folly is because City has been in my blood for 5 generations. Ffs I’ve never lived within 100 miles of Bristol.

13 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Feel like I’ve become a follower not a supporter. I also go to see Worthing and I’m far more upset about the way the lower leagues are being treated. Worthing have been in the auto promotion positions for 2 seasons now. Due to Covid they have suspended promotions. Decent attendances for their level. Little cash I’d imagine. 

The only reason I support SL’s folly is because City has been in my blood for 5 generations. Ffs I’ve never lived within 100 miles of Bristol.

I think more and more people are getting fed up with the state of high-level football. Mate of mine has always been a massive Newcastle fan but he says he rarely bothers with them now because he's had enough of players getting stupid amounts of money for kicking a ball around. You look at what the likes of Andy Carroll and Christan Benteke deliver for the millions they earn every year, and it's pretty sickening.

52 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

I beg we get Paul cook, can’t be dealing with another yes man like Appleton and a inexperienced one in Russell Martin. 

Appleton has actually got a bit about him tbf. He's got experience and is currently doing very well and had a decent time at Oxford too. But yes his early experience at this level was pretty bad however he hasn't managed in this league for while. 

I wouldn't be over the moon with Appleton and think its just an easy rumour to throw together being top of league 1, but he would have been a better option than Holden thays for sure.

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Appleton has actually got a bit about him tbf. He's got experience and is currently doing very well and had a decent time at Oxford too. But yes his early experience at this level was pretty bad however he hasn't managed in this league for while. 

I wouldn't be over the moon with Appleton and think its just an easy rumour to throw together being top of league 1, but he would have been a better option than Holden thays for sure.

I agree, the Appleton shout gets bound around a lot because of the links with Ashton at their time with Oxford so it’s easy to make the link. Gregor said about experience so surely we’d go for one with champ experience.
The club need to get it right otherwise there will be a massive drop off in season ticket sells probably when the club need it the most

53 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think more and more people are getting fed up with the state of high-level football. Mate of mine has always been a massive Newcastle fan but he says he rarely bothers with them now because he's had enough of players getting stupid amounts of money for kicking a ball around. You look at what the likes of Andy Carroll and Christan Benteke deliver for the millions they earn every year, and it's pretty sickening.

I think a few of us have fallen out of love with it. I think it’s going to be a massive task to get ST sales back to pre Covid levels. 

Suspect we will make an underwhelming short-term appointment until the end of this season - mainly because there aren’t too many quality / realistic options right now 

Really hope that we reevaluate our structure which limits the CEO’s role/power and gives the Head Coach more control 

Certainly need to massively improve on our track record re managerial appointments! 

Realistically I’m not optimistic, reckon we’ll end up with someone from a lower league who has ‘promise’ and MA with his current role. 

Archived