IGNORED

England Women v Northern Ireland Women (feat. Ebony Salmon)

shahanshahan

While it's not the most convenient kick-off time for all (and an increasing trend in cup/international fixtures in women's football during the pandemic), I will be watching some of this game when I am not working from home today. Hoping to see if Salmon does make the starting XI, as opposed to being a sub.

P.S. I'm only 32, and this is the first time that I've been following both City teams to see a player called up to a senior England squad.
The closest thing I can think of was when David James was in the 2010 World Cup squad and then joined City that summer.

Anyone got any score predictions?

• Admin

Not much around either senior squad, but the men have had a few in the U21s on a couple of occasions

If the game is treated as a full international there is no chance Salmon will start, but may possibly get minutes depending on how many subs are allowed, if not just being around the squad will be a valuable experience for her.

Not sure if you have seen this interview with Ebony @shahanshahan  EBONY SALMON INTERVIEW

47 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not much around either senior squad, but the men have had a few in the U21s on a couple of occasions

If the game is treated as a full international there is no chance Salmon will start, but may possibly get minutes depending on how many subs are allowed, if not just being around the squad will be a valuable experience for her.

Not sure if you have seen this interview with Ebony @shahanshahan  EBONY SALMON INTERVIEW

Indeed! Hopefully it won't be the last England appearance Salmon will make, and that the next ones she'll still be a City player as she's out of contract in the summer, I believe.

And thanks for the interview link!

• Admin
2 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Indeed! Hopefully it won't be the last England appearance Salmon will make, and that the next ones she'll still be a City player as she's out of contract in the summer, I believe.

And thanks for the interview link!

Hate to say but there must be a queue of bigger clubs waiting to sign her

Nice to see Salmon get on,but at 6-0,surely could have been given a bit more game time?England played some good stuff. Some lovely forward balls,but agree Phantom, poor Ireland team.England could have hit double figures in the second half alone.

22 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Nice to see Salmon get on,but at 6-0,surely could have been given a bit more game time?England played some good stuff. Some lovely forward balls,but agree Phantom, poor Ireland team.England could have hit double figures in the second half alone.

Yep, I'm sure Hege Riise said she'd have wanted to see England score more in her interview!

Quite surprised Northern Ireland did get beaten like that, considering they have now reached the play-offs (at the expense of Wales) in the Euro 2022 qualification.

Speaking of Northern Ireland: City Women player Laura Rafferty plays for them, but wasn't included in the squad

Archived