IGNORED

Heffernan

Desso

Having seen Heffernan in the pre-season games, I would say to anyone who is expecting an all action performance tomorrow and the rest of the season that they may be disappointed. He is the type of player who you don't notice for much of the game, but give him a decent chance and he's there. His second goal against Yeovil was typical, when he went into the gap between two defenders to fire home, BRILLIANT!

I'm sure that, given the ammunition from the wings and midfield, he will be prolific for us this season.

He sounds as if he's just what City need - a "tap-in" merchant.Frankly I couldn't care if does nothing for 89mins and pops up with the winner.Good and regular goalscorers can afford to be carried to some extend by the other 9 outfield players.

But..often the goalscorer will do far more around the box than people realise.Thorpe and Goater (I can't ever recall Goater winning a header outside the box,but inside it he was a different player and won loads) did very little outside the box but in it they were both good at making chances and creating space for other players as well as scoring themselves.Sounds like Heffernan is a similar type of player.

Having seen Heffernan in the pre-season games, I would say to anyone who is expecting an all action performance tomorrow and the rest of the season that they may be disappointed. He is the type of player who you don't notice for much of the game, but give him a decent chance and he's there. His second goal against Yeovil was typical, when he went into the gap between two defenders to fire home, BRILLIANT!

I'm sure that, given the ammunition from the wings and midfield, he will be prolific for us this season.

If only we had a player like that last season.

Yes, Clive Platt.

Heffernan's been given licence by Tinman to get the tap-ins and not worry too much about anything else.

That's fine if he taps a good percentage in - the problem will be if he goes through a period of fluffing them which costs us points, and he's not seen to be contributing much else.

Lots of competition up front and Heffernan has everything to prove.

With an attacking philosophy certain to create chances, i'll be looking for Heffernan to outstrip Murray's total of 2 years ago and notch 30+.

I reckon Tinman must be hoping for about the same, 3 goals every 5 games-ish.

It's far from impossible, over to you Heffs., and good luck. :whistle:

Does this mean that by Christmas everyone will be calling be calling him a "lazy *******" or similar, like the last out and out goalscorer we had?

Porbably not, because he is a proper goalscorer, not a bloke who has only once in his lengthy carrear hit more than 20 league goals in a season. Heff has already done it once and he's only 21.

I think that one of the problems we'll have tomorrow is that our two strikers Heffernan & Lita(Murray will surely spend much of his time out wide) are not that tall. Tinnion has said that he wants more crosses going in and I would agree if we had more height.

Surely the way to do it up is to play football out of defence and put the telling through ball into the box so that Heff. and Lita can turn the defence. This is something they appear to be good at. I reckon that we have enough talent in midfield for this to happen time and again.

Guest Harchesterx1

Gillespie to come of the bench on 60 minutes to give him a run out... Can't wait for later now... Oh and as for Heff he looks great to...

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg
I think that one of the problems we'll have tomorrow is that our two strikers Heffernan & Lita(Murray will surely spend much of his time out wide) are not that tall. Tinnion has said that he wants more crosses going in and I would agree if we had more height.

Disagree....Thorpey wasn't the tallest but he was great at getting onto crosses...Lita and Heffernan are quick off the mark like he was...Orr will be getting into the box as well and Tinnion will be there or there abouts if the ball breaks loose outside the box....

Surely the way to do it up  is to play football out of defence and put the telling through ball into the box so that Heff. and Lita can turn the defence. This is something they appear to be good at. I reckon that we have enough talent in midfield for this to happen time and again.

And on yesterday's performance...........

Spot.

On.

Archived