IGNORED

Robins tv payment problem

dunsteral

Reality is, streaming the game on Saturday was problematic for a much higher group of people than usual. 

Would like to think the club/SLO will be aware of this and will take up the issue, rather than people trying to get answers from the media company as well as contacting the club for advice. It would just be far more efficient.

3 hours ago, Nongazeuse said:

For last week's Barnsley match I could not get the option to buy the video (there were options for Audio and for a season's video) - this was 15 minutes before KO - retried a number of times and gave up to listen on Radio Bristol.  A good game to miss frankly and I saved a tenner.

For the match at Swansea I had no problems at all. Nor have I for about 15 previous occasions.  However, a number of friends were complaining that the stream wasn't working for them. 

I always pay by Credit Card and have never had any issues.  

It does seem that Robins TV platform / software is not as stable as it could be and someone should investigate as the club will lose what little revenue is coming in.  

Hi I had the same problem, where you go to purchase on the end does it have INT, which I think stands for international and the game was not available as it was selected for international broadcast, same with the EFL cup earlier in the season.

I have no idea why, I live in Dundry and can see the ground from my lounge window, so definitely not international, I have tried contacting them but not had a reply.

I found, if I go on my phone not connected to wifi and purchase, then log in as normal it then works.

I had that problem and had to do PayPal.

I might be wrong but it seems problems occur if you’re doing the transaction near kick off time.

Every time I do it early, 1-2 ish it’s fine.

There’s so many things like this that make you think in 10 years time we’ll look back and laugh, it just seems we should be further along with this sort of thing in 2021

41 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I had that problem and had to do PayPal.

I might be wrong but it seems problems occur if you’re doing the transaction near kick off time.

Every time I do it early, 1-2 ish it’s fine.

There’s so many things like this that make you think in 10 years time we’ll look back and laugh, it just seems we should be further along with this sort of thing in 2021

I think most people got in to the habit of buying late when the selections tombola was broken!

11 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

If you're 'not seeing the option to pay by credit card' at all I suggest you e-mail the club with details of what platform/browser you are using. Could be it's there but in your set-up is 'off-screen' (with modern formatting it's rare this happens these days but does still occur on occasion.)

Bigger problem for the club is with its rubbish Bristol Sport/Robins TV platforms it's a total pain finding where one can buy the sodding games in the first place? Logic might dictate it's upfront, loud and proud to generate revenue rather than buried deep under mountains of wholly irrelevant information.

On the main page of Robins TV when logged in it'll tell you that you don't have access and there's a button to view packages.

It could be a little more prominent, but it's hardly a "total pain" to find where to buy the game

13 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

On the main page of Robins TV when logged in it'll tell you that you don't have access and there's a button to view packages.

It could be a little more prominent, but it's hardly a "total pain" to find where to buy the game

Usually, on my set up, it first demands I sign-in via Bristol Sport and access Robin's TV via that link.

As I wrote previously, on my Edge browser the packages tab was often very, very slow to load and sometimes didn't load first time when the page engine shut up shop.

From what others have reported I think it's a browser issue. But yes, it usually requires 4 or 5 steps before I find the purchase option, long after I've bypassed all the other rugby, women's football and other minority crap in which I have zero interest.

12 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Usually, on my set up, it first demands I sign-in via Bristol Sport and access Robin's TV via that link.

As I wrote previously, on my Edge browser the packages tab was often very, very slow to load and sometimes didn't load first time when the page engine shut up shop.

From what others have reported I think it's a browser issue. But yes, it usually requires 4 or 5 steps before I find the purchase option, long after I've bypassed all the other rugby, women's football and other minority crap in which I have zero interest.

Edge is particularly crap in my experience for a lot of things, Chrome is generally accepted as the go to browser for most things.

I just dont see what you're seeing though. If I click on https://robinstv.bcfc.co.uk/ the first screen has a big video player box and a play button. At worst it might ask me to login again but it remembers my details, it says I dont have any packages and provides a link to them.

Like I said, it probably could be even simpler but I dont think its that difficult to find - click play, if it doesnt work theres a link to the packages. Pretty simple

17 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

So long as their badge sits at the top of the screen that doesn't wash for me. 

Agree. If there’s something wrong with your cornflakes you take them back to Sainsbury’s, not Kellogg’s.

And, following the thread on Saturday, several posters watched it on Swans TV instead, so seems to have been working there. Which suggests the problem was just about Robins TV

Archived