IGNORED

Nagy

Superjack

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

A6F87AC0-866D-469B-8586-EA6371427070.jpeg

7A55FF74-32BE-47C5-846F-7B45E008CD78.jpeg

I see from your stats there Dave that TB successfully completed all 3 of his 'defensive duels'. 

That's not bad, but I guess the obvious criticism is that beforehand he didn't approach the opposition player, slap him round the face with his glove and announce at the top of his voice "I, Tyreeq of the Bakinson household, hereby challenge you to a duel. Retreat 20 paces and may the best man live to tell the tale!"

But hey, there's no chivalry left in the modern game. I blame the influx of foreign players. Particularly the Welsh.

I did apply for an analysis job at Opta but I haven't heard back...

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

I see from your stats there Dave that TB successfully completed all 3 of his 'defensive duels'. 

That's not bad, but I guess the obvious criticism is that beforehand he didn't approach the opposition player, slap him round the face with his glove and announce at the top of his voice "I, Tyreeq of the Bakinson household, hereby challenge you to a duel. Retreat 20 paces and may the best man live to tell the tale!"

But hey, there's no chivalry left in the modern game. I blame the influx of foreign players. Particularly the Welsh.

I did apply for an analysis job at Opta but I haven't heard back...

Diolch cariad!

@mozo

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

For info.

BB455898-AEA4-4B46-AFA4-E93A4BD35FF0.jpeg

B131D8FD-7B92-44BA-A2AC-80218A3736E3.jpeg

Cheers Dave. 
Now, this is where even Wyscout can deceive. I’ve added a pass below which I know 100% happened. 
It was one of the moments I mentioned where we were building a good move, Nagy received a short pass from the touchline and then turned back and passed to Kalas, when there were 3 or 4 forward options. 
None of those completed pass arrows are anywhere near this one (below) which I remember vividly, as it was the moment I thought ‘jeez, this is the old Nagy today’. 

8DD32DBC-6DC8-4C88-A202-FBCF554E8B3A.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Harry said:

Cheers Dave. 
Now, this is where even Wyscout can deceive. I’ve added a pass below which I know 100% happened. 
It was one of the moments I mentioned where we were building a good move, Nagy received a short pass from the touchline and then turned back and passed to Kalas, when there were 3 or 4 forward options. 
None of those completed pass arrows are anywhere near this one (below) which I remember vividly, as it was the moment I thought ‘jeez, this is the old Nagy today’. 

8DD32DBC-6DC8-4C88-A202-FBCF554E8B3A.jpeg

Bound to be the odd coding error in there.

Sometimes a successful pass can be a bad pass, because although it reaches its target, it’s on the stretch etc, or means they get tackled etc.  Still gotta trust the eyes.

The thing for me about the data is more about how few passes he tried in 90 mins.  It’s nowhere near enough.

Archived