IGNORED

Pearson now fully aware of the task he faces if he takes on [is offered] this challenge

headhunter

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Partially, plus of course that if we didn’t pick up enough points we could be in League One & I doubt very much NP would have be interested in staying then or potentially us if he had presided over a continued slide.

I’m confident he wants to be here beyond May & whatever the set up is regarding recruitment, that with about 14 out of contract, plus 2 loan players to go back if necessary then there is a lot of scope to reshuffle.

As has been mentioned elsewhere we are not unique, every club (bar the 3 promoted) are suffering financially & there are lots of players without deals for 21/22.

If we don’t pick up enough points to stay up I’m not sure SL would be interested in hiring him. However that is unlikely.

I’m confident Pearson wants to be here beyond May,  on his own terms, which will be stated at the end of the season. 

Yes we are not alone, not sure why you felt the need to say that, in suffering the effects of an epidemic. I think there is a thread somewhere discussing who may be available on a free. However Pearson has a track record of finding players from lower divisions and abroad....Hopefully he can again!

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

One bad performance and suddenly the ceiling is caving in again.

Does any other set of fans do this or is it just us? Because it's ******* draining to see the usual suspects at it every time.

Isn`t it just? The `if he leaves in the summer it will be all down to the spawn of Beelzebub that is Mark Ashton` type comments made without one iota of knowledge just do my ******* head in.

Can`t we, just for once, be optimistic and look up and not down?

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

One bad performance and suddenly the ceiling is caving in again.

Does any other set of fans do this or is it just us? Because it's ******* draining to see the usual suspects at it every time.

Really. Who is saying the ceiling is caving?

If anyone is then they need to get a grip as you imply!

12 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

It might just be me, but I can see it in his interviews, almost from day one. When he gets asked a question, he almost smiles and shrugs as if to say, "I know, its a shambles"  He doesn't seem to be as prickly as he has been in other jobs, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he knew now, that he will be off in the summer.

Considering in almost every interview he has done since he was brought in by SL he has said he wants to be here long term, but you aren’t prepared to accept what he says as his genuine ambition???

14 hours ago, Psychopomp said:

Nige will not be staying if he is not given the tools for the huge squad rebuild required. 

The current recruitment team headed by Ashton (aided and abetted by LJ) has created what ? Look at that squad, and look at that squad, contracted for next season. Looks far from a well oiled and well prepared set up. 

Nige knows it is ultimately about the players, so he will want not only the budget, but the talent identification sorted. Otherwise he is back to Devon hiking. 

I did forget to add, Nige will certainly buy into youth, he has shown that in the past . He likes the hunger. Bakinson take note, you have not made it yet. Like GJ and Sc before him, he wants hungry players who have something to prove. That is well suited to our club. As a minimum City fans want to see effort and desire. Looks a perfect man for the job and the rebuild needed. Seems crazy after the highest wage bill and trnasfer spend, we are left with Bentley and Kalas as the only two contracted for next season that you can think are top 6/2 material. But a collective effort is what City fans respond to. City fans need to believe and get behind the team. The divisive years were just that. Stupid and wasteful. Give the fans a project and vision where we can all be united . Then we will hit the Prem. Mr L , give Nige a deal and what he needs. 

On 07/03/2021 at 12:58, Lanterne Rouge said:

This is what I think too but it really winds me up that some posters are already blaming anyone and everyone at the club for NP perhaps leaving in the summer without having any idea whether he will or not and if he did, what the reasons would be.

Lets just wait and see what happens shall we? For once we can look forward rather than back and if anyone thinks NP didn`t do any sort of due diligence on us before accepting SL`s offer then they don`t know how football works. All this `now he`s seen how bad we are he`ll be off` `he`ll leave now he`s seen the club`s a shitshow` bollocks is just that - what do people think he`s been doing since he left his last job, living in a cave or something?

Wasn't that where he got in to a bit of trouble with some wolves?

Either there or, like me and a few others some years ago, in an underpass outside Molineux.  

Archived