IGNORED

Twitter player views...

spudski

21 minutes ago, spudski said:

That's the tweet I was referring too.

And yes there are loads of memes doing the rounds pro and anti royal after this documentary.

It's devisive for sure...topical. Split people's opinions etc. And we've only heard one side of the story.

Wonder if he was ever called up for England he'd stand for and sing the national anthem? 

You’re wrong Spudski.

I’m sure I’ve read that Oprah gave them the opportunity to tell THE truth! :whistle2:

7 minutes ago, downendcity said:

You’re wrong Spudski.

I’m sure I’ve read that Oprah gave them the opportunity to tell THE truth! :whistle2:

It's hard to know what to believe.

I find it very odd that she said she knew nothing about what was to be expected when marrying into the Royal family.

I can understand her having no knowledge. But you would expect Harry to have warned her about everything, what was expected, protocols, press, public scrutiny and opinion... especially after what happened to his mother.

If it's true that she went in blind and had no knowledge, then Harry should be accountable for the outcome...and do we really believe the Palace authorities wouldn't have explained everything? Doesn't make any sense to me...as she would be representing them and would need to know everything.

What is very obvious...is these are just humans with feelings like all of us. There is a 'firm' of people that run it. They uphold all the protocols written down and tell the family members their obligations. They work for the firm so to speak. Those rules of the establishment don't take into account ' feelings'. You just do as your told for the good of the establishment.

Whether anyone agrees with it or not doesn't make any difference. It's part of our country. 

Anyway...I've digressed. Slow day at work :laugh:

33 minutes ago, spudski said:

You seem to sadly be missing the point. It's sharing certain devisive opinions in the public domain that can open up a can of worms. I'm not offended by it...why are people unable to understand my op. It's not about having an opinion...it's whether or not it's a good idea to share your opinion publicly as a representative of a football club. That's the point. ?

And the point I’m making to you is who really cares?

6 minutes ago, KegCity said:

And the point I’m making to you is who really cares?

The Club. And we live in a society of judgemental and easily offended people. Not only that...it's how expression of interest can easily be misinterpreted or used in an agenda.

You've only got to look at some of the comments on this thread to see how easily an op can either be misinterpreted or judged to mean something else...by putting two and two together and making three.

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

The Club. And we live in a society of judgemental and easily offended people. Not only that...it's how expression of interest can easily be misinterpreted or used in an agenda.

You've only got to look at some of the comments on this thread to see how easily an op can either be misinterpreted or judged to mean something else...by putting two and two together and making three.

Really? I doubt the player or club are bothered about any backlash. What’s the there to complain about? “Tyreeq laughed at the queen boo hoo”?

Anyone getting offended over a tweet poking fun at one of the most powerful people in the world needs to go outside. 

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

image.thumb.png.c700c3eb21840f2522e123b4b2376f41.png

For context - I had a look myself. This is the tweet being referenced. It's clear from having a look at his likes that he's pretty prolific at liking things so I wouldn't read too much into the content. He seemingly just likes lots of stuff that are topical or he finds funny. 

Ok, perhaps as a pro he should be mindful about what he's liking and how people perceive it - but I don't think there's anything too offensive in that tweet above. Just something he's found funny (which 80,000 others also do).

Is that it? Blimey. There are some dramatics on here. Come on. 

49 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Really? I doubt the player or club are bothered about any backlash. What’s the there to complain about? “Tyreeq laughed at the queen boo hoo”?

Anyone getting offended over a tweet poking fun at one of the most powerful people in the world needs to go outside. 

Yet people got offended by a few lads letting off steam at Cheltenham...people get offended by all sorts of things...hence my post.

18 hours ago, spudski said:

He liked a tweet that said the Queen is a pussy. Attached to a pic showing Harry in an altercation drawing an imaginary gun at someone's head. So I guess anti...going by some other likes it was racist stuff re the Doc.

Ah, ok, I would have understood if he'd said PUSSY...............lost in translation !

2 hours ago, KegCity said:

Sorry, I still don't really see why any of this matters? I don't see how his opinion on the Royal Family has any relevance to his ability to kick a football? If it's really a problem that a player dislikes the Royal Family then I do despair.

It's not something worth getting offended over, I doubt the Royals care either way, they're (sadly) untouchable.

Well said.

I'm passionately anti-royal and I've never met a royalist who knows more of Bristol/British history than myself. 

I love my city and country (not all of it, and especially most of the people in it) and it does not require a sanctimonous love a talentless, entitled family, who ill never meet, to endorse that. 

20 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Players end up passing on the party line, have you seen this post

1786710990_Screenshot2021-03-08at18_54_58.png.6b2127b808ccb8ef3e77d42a076c3e28.png

And you get this sort of thing because of thoughtless, insensitive or brainless even bigoted Tweets like Andre Gray (I think) and others Tweet, often surfacing years later. Who has time or inclination to search through someones old Tweets I don't know, but it happens. They are expected to be interesting and fun, but get dogs abuse if they have an opinion so Tweets from most are vetted . How many times can you read "we go again" ?

To be honest it's pretty easy to search now, people just hammer certain search terms rather than actually scroll back through their timeline

22 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

To be honest it's pretty easy to search now, people just hammer certain search terms rather than actually scroll back through their timeline

I get that, but you would have to know or remember what you were looking for.  Some people do seem to spend serious amounts of time looking for something to use against people they don't even know.

Archived