IGNORED

City mentioned in TV Dramas

Southport Red

On 09/03/2021 at 18:01, Southport Red said:

I was watching McDonald & Dodds on Sunday ( I know, I know) and the story was about the murder of a ‘Bath Eagles’ Rugby player who had been signed from France for £400,000. 

At one point, the male Detective Constable said “£400,000?  Bristol City can’t even buy a corner flag for that”. 

Which got me thinking, which other TV shows have we been nameche Med in?  I remember the Aug Wiederkehr Pet one (Bomber) also. Can anyone think of any more?

Yes I saw that episode as well and thought that was a good line. Not a bad series, imo.

On 09/03/2021 at 18:45, pongo88 said:

In years gone by, before we were all aware of political correctness, “Bristol Cities” often got a mention, usually in a rather smutty programme 

Not just smutty progs either. Albert Steptoe used that phrase on several occasions.

In one of BBC's "Play for Today" in the late 60's a character was checking his pools coupon whilst listening to the radio; James Alexander Gordon intoned "Bristol City 1, Rotherham United....2".

Just now, 22A said:

Not just smutty progs either. Albert Steptoe used that phrase on several occasions.

In one of BBC's "Play for Today" in the late 60's a character was checking his pools coupon whilst listening to the radio; James Alexander Gordon intoned "Bristol City 1, Rotherham United....2".

The more things change, the more they stay the same!

2 hours ago, 22A said:

I’ve made a mental note of that for the next time I take part in a Bristol City trivia quiz.

Archived