IGNORED

Kasey Palmer

bcdc

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It did, and then having given him 5 starts on the trot (his most under LJ was 2 - scandalous!!!) which included 3 wins, Holden made him the scapegoat after the 5th game v Derby.  5 sub appearances followed.

Now made 6 successive starts

It's not rocket science is it?  

'Deano' left him out (and others) in preference to 2 totally unfit players in Lansbury and Williams v Cardiff.  Barking mad when you think about it.  

4 minutes ago, hertsexile said:

Along with everyone else on the forum I guess. But there is still room for improvement in our team COYR 

Agreed, but bearing in mind the state we were in prior to NP’s arrival, the overall improvement thus far has been impressive - the main ones I see is in players’ attitudes and response to the managers input.

That there is still room for improvement surely gives us grounds for sensible optimism.

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

Agreed, but bearing in mind the state we were in prior to NP’s arrival, the overall improvement ( not just with Kasey Palmer)  thus far has been impressive - the main ones I see is in players’ attitudes and response to the managers input. Interestingly, Palmer seemed to come back from the Swansea loan spell with a much more positive approach and even before Pearson joined he was showing a lot more, and in a team that at that time was devoid of confidence and with players apparently unable to perform even the basics successfully.

Playing in a position that gets the best out of him, with players around him now starting to perform properly and , it seems, a manager prepared to back him, , will hopefully produce more consistency in his, and the teams’, performance.  That there is still room for improvement surely gives us grounds for sensible optimism.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I think if Palmer can consistently perform like that in and out of possession then no doubt that is his position going into next season in that 4231.

His far better movement and work rate actually made him behind Fam work.

Not something I expect to see next season, as Fam will likely leave.

In this system i would like to see Bakinson as an option to come on for Palmer or start instead of him if unavailable in that advanced role.

If Walsh can prove himself and sign a new deal, then him and Williams possibly in the 2. Massengo could also come in deep or as the attacking midfielder at times. 

Vyner would a very good option too who of course could play right back or at times cenre back.

People say we need to bring in a lot of players. Well like I said a week or so back, once players are fit we have a bloody good squad.

Defence is my main concern and will need strengthening in the summer. I am very interested to see how these returning players do under Pearson.

I thought Watkins looked very sharp coming on yesterday. These players have a chance to earn themselves a new deal. They have the opportunity to make it hard for Nigel not to want them to be with us next season.

I agree, we don't need too many coming in - maybe 3 or 4 in key areas (full backs being vital) and we need to let a few go. A couple of quality additions with a fully fit squad would see us have good strength in depth and able to make a realistic push for the top 6. 

Archived