IGNORED

Premier League Two

sglosbcfc

2 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

There are proposals for a number of cross border leagues e.g. Netherlands and Belgium. Realistically smaller countries have to do that or accept their big clubs e.g. Celtic, Ajax etc will never win top European honours again.

What is the benefit TO ENGLAND? I have no interest at all in watching Scottish sides play in our League structure. Dress it up how you like it's a back door way of getting the religious bigots from Glasgow into the Premiership FOR MONEY REASONS nothing else. People like Moyes slam the ESL one minute then come out with this bullshit the next..................and people buy it.

They would both really struggle in the premier league. I'm not convinced that the Rangers side who won the league this season would win promotion from the championship. 

Players like Kent and Aribo for example looked average in the championship but look world beaters in the SPL.

39 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

They would both really struggle in the premier league. I'm not convinced that the Rangers side who won the league this season would win promotion from the championship. 

Players like Kent and Aribo for example looked average in the championship but look world beaters in the SPL.

But their Television income would increase considerably to the £100 million as they'd be on live more than the rest of clubs except for the top six. No idea what their Scottish tv income is but I'd wager not more than £10/£20 million.

I am totally against them coming in to English Premier. They would reduce all the Championship clubs chance of getting there.

The Welsh in it is so historic that it hardly matters. They dont have the crowd potential that Rangers and Celtic have so normally not in the Prem.

Just now, cidered abroad said:

But their Television income would increase considerably to the £100 million as they'd be on live more than the rest of clubs except for the top six. No idea what their Scottish tv income is but I'd wager not more than £10/£20 million.

They would both need to sign too many players. They would struggle to get top players as well because I don't think many would fancy living in Scotland to be honest. 

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

Our structure would stay the same except that there would be a reduction in the top two divisions to 18 teams. The Scottish champions would be promoted to PL2 each season along with two League one teams. Relegation would be to League One or Scottish clubs to their league.

Seems bit messy to me 

17 hours ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

Won't happen. To make any change to the PL 14 clubs have to vote for it. 3 teams to be relegated as usual, plus 2 extra as the league is going to  be down to 18. To make room for the Old Firm in PL1 then 2 more spaces have to be found. Good luck finding 14 teams to vote for 7 to be relegated!

Also, why would the old firm deliberately relinquish CL football? OK, the money might be better if they played in England but let's be honest, they won't be getting anywhere near the CL spots. Doesn't the kudos of playing in Europe's (the world's) top competition mean anything to them?

Can't see the Scottish FA taking to kindly to it either, most clubs rely on the big paydays of playing the Old Firm. Without them the average attendance in the SPL will be about 3,000.

Just can't see it happening.

Both clubs are as big as any team in England ( perhaps Man Utd are bigger), they would also get the same money as all the other Prem teams.

So, realistically could then buy all the foreign stars the same as the PL sides do now. Which in turn would probably see them challenging at the top. 

On 24/04/2021 at 00:01, sglosbcfc said:

David Moyes has said that a PL2 should be set up, including Celtic and Rangers. The PL should be reduced to 18 teams. There would be a place every season for the Scottish Champions in PL 2. I'm not sure about this, but at least it is not a closed shop. Anything that is a closed shop should be rejected.

17 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Both clubs are as big as any team in England ( perhaps Man Utd are bigger), they would also get the same money as all the other Prem teams.

So, realistically could then buy all the foreign stars the same as the PL sides do now. Which in turn would probably see them challenging at the top. 

So David Moyes, who is Scottish, wants to destroy the Scottish Leagues and turn them into at best a semi pro set up. Odd stance I would suggest as no doubt he would complain about the standard of the National team.

Yes, both teams have good support and would be competing at a similar level to the rest.

BUT WHY SHOULD THEY ?

You have teams that have strived and struggled to get as high in the pyramid for generations, why should they go straight in to a competition they have no history with above any of the teams in the football League? 
Money ? Then what's the big difference with the ESL ?
If they are THAT desperate to play in England, revamp the FA Cup. Give Scottish teams a route to qualify for a set number of places in the 1st or 2nd round. I still don't see the point though. Why not teams from the Irish League, or invite teams from France , Holland or Belgium.
For me it just smacks of people in offices not having enough day to day work to occupy them, they feel as though they need to come up with plan to prove their worth.

37 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

You've quoted my entire post and not addressed any of the points I made in it ?

1 hour ago, MATT BCFC said:

You get Rangers and Celtic in a British league and immediately they get massive investment as their income rises exponentially. They then recruit better players.

They are truly global brands who would challenge at the top level within 2/3 years.

13 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

You said neither would get near the CL spots, I’ve given you reasons why they would! 

Which 14 premier league teams would vote for extra relegation places? Noone in the bottom half of the table, that's for sure.

If you think that the Scottish teams will be qualifying for the CL then which teams in the PL will be voting for themselves to have a smaller chance of qualifying - none of them.

Name one single team, let alone 14 that you think would vote this through. Explain why the Scottish FA would allow this to happen while you're at it.

4 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Our structure would stay the same except that there would be a reduction in the top two divisions to 18 teams. The Scottish champions would be promoted to PL2 each season along with two League one teams. Relegation would be to League One or Scottish clubs to their league.

I don't even know where to begin with this. 

1 team from Scotland promoted every year and relegated teams to go back to either the Scottish League or to league one, how on earth would that work? That relies entirely on a Scottish team being in the relegation zone at the end of every season. Due to the disparity in numbers from each league it is very likely that the first few seasons would see a Scottish team enter and 3 English go down. Where would they all go? Send the northern most to play in the Scottish prem? Just see the Scottish League get smaller and the English bigger? It's just nonsense, how can you claim our league would stay the same?

2 hours ago, The Bard said:

You get Rangers and Celtic in a British league and immediately they get massive investment as their income rises exponentially. They then recruit better players.

They are truly global brands who would challenge at the top level within 2/3 years.

Tbh I would much prefer they stayed truly global brands within the SFA framework. Not to mention if this type of League were to start next season we would be one of the teams making way for them. No thanks.

12 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

What is the benefit TO ENGLAND? I have no interest at all in watching Scottish sides play in our League structure. Dress it up how you like it's a back door way of getting the religious bigots from Glasgow into the Premiership FOR MONEY REASONS nothing else. People like Moyes slam the ESL one minute then come out with this bullshit the next..................and people buy it.

I think you've answered your own question. I'm not saying it is right or that I even want it, but in terms of what does for the English game it adds two of the biggest clubs in UK to the mix with their huge fan bases and global appeal.

7 hours ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

I don't even know where to begin with this. 

1 team from Scotland promoted every year and relegated teams to go back to either the Scottish League or to league one, how on earth would that work? That relies entirely on a Scottish team being in the relegation zone at the end of every season. Due to the disparity in numbers from each league it is very likely that the first few seasons would see a Scottish team enter and 3 English go down. Where would they all go? Send the northern most to play in the Scottish prem? Just see the Scottish League get smaller and the English bigger? It's just nonsense, how can you claim our league would stay the same?

Again I'm not saying I agree with it, but it wouldn't be difficult to promote an extra team if you had an imbalance. Which team is going to say 'no thanks I don't want promotion '

10 hours ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

Which 14 premier league teams would vote for extra relegation places? Noone in the bottom half of the table, that's for sure.

If you think that the Scottish teams will be qualifying for the CL then which teams in the PL will be voting for themselves to have a smaller chance of qualifying - none of them.

Name one single team, let alone 14 that you think would vote this through. Explain why the Scottish FA would allow this to happen while you're at it.

Crikey mate!

You stated that If Rangers and Celtic were in the PL,neither would get near qualifying for the CL.

I replied with my thoughts, and imo they both would,  Explain to me where I have expressed an opinion that they would actually ever become members of the PL in the first place? 

Archived