IGNORED

SL and NP meet at last.

Slacker

I see this as a positive in regard to IF Nige wasn’t staying, there’s no need to communicate this from the official channels. 

The clubs whole comms has been rightly criticised over the past 18-24 months (since Adam Baker left) so maybe this is their way of trying to be more “open”. 

The statement itself is pretty limited, but you can’t cry for info and then when it’s given, main about what you see. 

Nige will be appointed by Monday I think, if not sooner- and that “face to face” would’ve been SL being told how, who and why Nige was going to do what he plans to make us better. (We can’t be much worse). 

onwards. 
CTID 

Just now, Bouncearoundtheground said:

That is possibly the oddest bit of communication the club has ever done 

Bizarre isn't it, I can't really work out what the thinking is behind it. Despite the protests of some, the club aren't obliged to keep fans updated on minutiae like this and usually only provide updates when they need to. 

Good they've met I suppose. I imagine if Pearson definitely wasn't staying they wouldn't release this so that's a good thing. 

If they are trying to be more open, despite how much of a click ate nothing statement it is, I welcome it. 

Wonder what they discussed. 

I would just print off a wrecking ball on A4, not say a thing, and slide it across the desk to Steve. 

As we can only speculate I see this a very different way to those who say this is a positive sign.

It there was a deal to be done I don't think you need to rush this non-story out. However if there isn't a deal to be done and you feel there is a risk of NP speaking off the cuff in his press conference later today about it, then rushing out a non-story like this is precisely what you do to "get ahead of the story" and plant the seed that you've done your best.

Just how I'm reading it...

Just now, petehinton said:

Think this is them laying the foundations of announcing his permanent deal later today imo

But what would be the point in this announcement if they were planning a announcement later today?

I see this as a ‘keep the fans in the loop’ because we’re not announcing anything else. I think this suggest Pearson will be seeing out his 6 month contract and nothing more.

But this forum was asking if this meeting had taken place, they tell you it has (presumably to try and placate the fans) and you still moan because you don't know the details. 

It says they discussed a lot of aspects, so if that includes Ashtons replacement, the future of the coaching staff and so on, then it's only right that they don't put any detail in there until it's finalised.

I don't think this any different to almost any other club in the country, but it's fine to believe that "it's only little Bristol City that act like this", if it makes you feel better.

10 minutes ago, Olé said:

As we can only speculate I see this a very different way to those who say this is a positive sign.

It there was a deal to be done I don't think you need to rush this non-story out. However if there isn't a deal to be done and you feel there is a risk of NP speaking off the cuff in his press conference later today about it, then rushing out a non-story like this is precisely what you do to "get ahead of the story" and plant the seed that you've done your best.

Just how I'm reading it...

That’s how I see it as well. Still lots of differences to be agreed before there’s a deal.  

NP on if he wants to stay-

“I certainly hope so. But as we've already spoken about, I can't get away from the fact that the results at the moment aren't good enough. Those types of decisions are to a large extent up for discussion. Ou conversation was very positive and we have been in regular contact anyway. It's important to have face to face meetings as well. Steve and Jon and Bristol Sport in general has a real clear vision of what they want for all of their clubs, and in terms of the local area and community. There's been a lot of investment across all of those areas and clubs. Now what we need to deliver here is some success on the field. But to do that we need to negotiate the rest of the season and make the appropriate plans moving forward. There's a lot to be discussed.”

13 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Think this is them laying the foundations of announcing his permanent deal later today imo

I think so too. Win and it adds to a good day. Lose/draw and it is a bit of good news going into the last week of renewals(before you lose your seat). 

Pearson said: “It was great to meet Steve in person and something I was looking forward to. It was a very open and honest conversation and we discussed various aspects of the club which was beneficial to both of us.”

Read that how you like but im more in the NP  is off camp now.think it may have been a bit too much for SL to hear the brutal truth about his beloved football club and wont have it that he needs a total restructure form top to bottom.  beneficial to NP in knowing that he cant have anything like what he NEEDS to turn us round into a play off team

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think so too. Win and it adds to a good day. Lose/draw and it is a bit of good news going into the last week of renewals(before you lose your seat). 

4 minutes ago, WirralRobin said:

A win or draw today and I think it's safe to assume he's officially announced early next week reading between the lines...............

Think you both have another thing coming to think we'll be winning or drawing today

Archived