IGNORED

The Championship - The unpredictable division where anyone can beat anyone?

LondonBristolian

As we're not playing today I've just looked properly at the rest of the table rather than just where we are.

For a notoriously unpredictable league, this season's table seems stratified in a way I can barely remember happening before.

Norwich pretty much have the title sewn up, Watford are miles ahead of the play-off places, who are in turn well ahead of the rest. Beyond Reading, nobody is (at time of writing) even within 14 points of the play-offs. 

Then there is a massive clump between 8th and 19th, a couple of stragglers and, even with Derby's poor results, it's easy to see Rotherham and the rest of the bottom three adrift by the end of the season. 

Is this COVID, the lack of fans or something else? Either way, awful though we've been this season, we're not going to be the only team asking serious questions about our inability to compete...

Watford, what a fantastic achievement to get promoted at the first time of asking. Said the Radio Five commentator.

Do me a favour ffs! Is there any more vanilla pointless club than Watford.

Terrible season for the Champ, relegated sides all likely to be promoted and promoted sides all relegated except for a spurt of form for Coventry. 

Dull dull dull

7 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Watford, what a fantastic achievement to get promoted at the first time of asking. Said the Radio Five commentator.

Do me a favour ffs! Is there any more vanilla pointless club than Watford.

Terrible season for the Champ, relegated sides all likely to be promoted and promoted sides all relegated except for a spurt of form for Coventry. 

Dull dull dull

Amazing effort with parachute payments meaning they have 3 times the income of clubs that don’t.

I’m pleased for Norwich, proper, well run, well supported club but Watford can **** right off, along with Reading blandness personified.

The gap from League One is just as big, any promoted sides first ambition now is survival.

Worst league in (my) living memory for this (second tier). No-one showed any likelihood over half a season of going up than the two relegated teams; This will 100% be the same next season but for Canaries/Hornets, read Baggies and Cottagers. Teams like City, Forest, Cardiff, Boro, QPR, Blackburn, Preston, Reading (however close to bust they go), Luton, Cov, Brum, Huddersfield etc etc will have no chance of making the top two . None at all, and it doesnt really matter who your manager is or what crowds you get or what history of 50 year ago you had, nor the nationality of the owner..you just cant beat the teams that come down from the Prem

Therefore unless you go up in the P.O lottery the only thing to play for is staying out of the bottom 3 next season. Whoever our manager is I'm sure we will manage that but wish Derby had gone down this season (even Rooney's awful management with worse results than NP wont take them below Rotherham)

The point of this thread, i believe, is that for all those who got excited about merit-less, money-ridden ESL in Europe, we in England already have that in the name of another bent outfit called 'Parachute EPL' where those in situ look after themselves and totally ignore and forget about the rest of the clubs in EFL

Archived