IGNORED

Who does Johnson throw under the bus today

Unan

7 minutes ago, Reigate Red said:

I'm not sure why they are up in arms. If my memory serves me right when LJ was appointed they were outside the play offs and now they are third and most likely to get a play off slot. A case of self entitlement?

Congratulations on your 1000th post- you made it a good one!

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

... it’s rather unfortunate and ironic to mess up a plural when attempting to highlight the stupidity and ignorance of others - there are two acceptable plurals of ignoramus, they are ignorami and ignoramuses - just thought I’d point this out to top up my pedantry count ... ?

it’s very nearly 51 years since I was at school..........:cool2:

4 hours ago, Harry said:

I think it’s best to wait til the end of the season before judging LJ at Sunderland. 
He took them on when they were 3 points outside the playoffs, went on a hell of a run over a 23 game stretch (win 13, draw 7, lose 2) and got them comfortably in the playoffs and winning a cup, and then they’ve just tailed off over the last 4 games. 
They’re in the playoffs, which they weren’t when he took over but was probably minimum expectation. So he’s met that. 
Let’s see if they falter in the playoffs. So far, he’s done what he had to do. Any Sunderland fan who realistically thought they’d get automatic this season from where they were is an extremist! The only reason they even had a shot at auto’s was because of the tremendous run he got them on. 
Let’s wait and see how the playoffs turn out. 

He also has a worse PPG than his predecessor Parkinson, his 'rise' has actually been his competitions 'fall'.

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair play mate - I can’t remember being at school either - ‘twas a long time ago! But things I learned at school have stayed with me - like use of apostrophes and plurals ... ??

My point being that the word ignoramus was never heard at school which is probably why I misspelled the plural........it’s only semantics after all.

48 minutes ago, Banned User said:

He also has a worse PPG than his predecessor Parkinson, his 'rise' has actually been his competitions 'fall'.

So what. He went on a fantastic run. 2 losses in 23, including 9 wins in 11 at one point. 
That form has got them to the playoffs. Which was expected. 
I think he’s done pretty well considering he’s had 1 fit centre back about 2 months. 
Judge at the end of the season. 

21 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

They were 7th weren’t they when he took over, so not exactly a massive achievement!

Plus, they aren’t guaranteed a play off place yet!.

As said above if they're expecting automatics from the position LJ took them over they're unreasonable to say the least, they were 8  points behind 2nd when he took over, 9 now (after no win in 5) essentially since LJ's taken over they've maintained top 2 form and that's what even gave them a chance of automatics before the last 5 games. They're acting as if LJ has taken them further down the table since he's joined.

2 points off playoffs with a game in hand when he took over....lost to Wigan 1-0....honestly can’t remember if we took the team that day.

He’s gone 13/10/5 - 49 from 28

or 13/10/6 - 49 from 29 if you include Wigan

He’s done a decent job, he’s met minimum expectations - playoffs.

But there will be a lot of pressure on them in the playoffs.  I wonder if Charlton will sneak in, and make them more nervous!

21 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

As said above if they're expecting automatics from the position LJ took them over they're unreasonable to say the least, they were 8  points behind 2nd when he took over, 9 now (after no win in 5) essentially since LJ's taken over they've maintained top 2 form and that's what even gave them a chance of automatics before the last 5 games. They're acting as if LJ has taken them further down the table since he's joined.

A lot of it seems to not necessarily be the league position, but the utter bollocks he spouts in his interviews.

We know better than them with regard to this. I’ve no doubt that according to him it will be everyone else’s fault, and nothing to do with himself.

‘If’ they were to lose to Blackpool in midweek, their play off place would become under threat.

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

A lot of it seems to not necessarily be the league position, but the utter bollocks he spouts in his interviews.

We know better than them with regard to this. I’ve no doubt that according to him it will be everyone else’s fault, and nothing to do with himself.

‘If’ they were to lose to Blackpool in midweek, their play off place would become under threat.

Do they want to get promoted or not? You have fans on here who say they’d put up with Warnock if it meant we got up. They’ve been down in league 1 for 3 seasons now, are they just going to sack a manager each time they don’t get them promoted even if they finish in the play offs? 

9 hours ago, Harry said:

So what. He went on a fantastic run. 2 losses in 23, including 9 wins in 11 at one point. 
That form has got them to the playoffs. Which was expected. 
I think he’s done pretty well considering he’s had 1 fit centre back about 2 months. 
Judge at the end of the season. 

Point being if they kept Parkinson, previous form suggests he would've done better than Johnson has.

It's all classic Lee Johnson though isn't it, a great run and then 3 losses on the bounce + a draw after scoring 3 goals. 

Very few managers have the luxury of being appointed to a club 3 points off the play offs.

Almost unheard of, and little doubt the expectation at that time was he would take Sunderland up this season.

He still might of course, and if Sunderland go up through the play offs he will no doubt transform overnight to hero status from the hate figure he clearly is to many of their fans today.

Oh well, that's football, especially at football hotbeds like Sunderland, as LJ would have been only too aware when he took the job.

BS plus success = at least tolerance, maybe even acceptance. BS without success? Let's just say Sunderland is not the place for that.

One thing that may have surprised him is just how much the fans dislike him, and aren't shy to say so, but he'll be learning that wherever his career takes him he will never again have the extended easy ride he enjoyed from both fans and boardroom at AG.  

23 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Point being if they kept Parkinson, previous form suggests he would've done better than Johnson has.

It's all classic Lee Johnson though isn't it, a great run and then 3 losses on the bounce + a draw after scoring 3 goals. 

How so, Parkinson points per game at Sunderland was 1.46, Johnson 1.65, Parkinson’s points per game average equals 67 over a season and 6th already has 68

I’ll be the first to say what a massive bell end he is and of course I don’t rate his managerial ability, but my word they’re not a patient lot up in Sunderland are they. He hasn’t done badly by any stretch!

But he was very spoilt here at AG and he won’t get that level of treatment anywhere else in his career ever. 

8 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Do they want to get promoted or not? You have fans on here who say they’d put up with Warnock if it meant we got up. They’ve been down in league 1 for 3 seasons now, are they just going to sack a manager each time they don’t get them promoted even if they finish in the play offs? 

We sacked a manager even after getting to a play off final! 

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’ll be the first to say what a massive bell end he is and of course I don’t rate his managerial ability, but my word they’re not a patient lot up in Sunderland are they. He hasn’t done badly by any stretch!

But he was very spoilt here at AG and he won’t get that level of treatment anywhere else in his career ever. 

The issue is surely that if you are a fan of a club like Sunderland, historically implausibly in the third tier, year on year improvement which leaves you short of actually achieving anything isn't going to be tolerated.

I came to loathe the Lee Johnson years, not because of him - I found him irritating but I've no reason to doubt he's a perfectly nice chap - but rather for what it revealed about many in our fan base, and many on here. Many folk loved LJ, and clearly still do. LJ's City satisfied the mediocre expectations of many City supporters and our owner, I suspect that Sunderland supporters aim higher.

14 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

We sacked a manager even after getting to a play off final! 

After how many attempts though? The point is looking at their forum a majority are up for sacking him before they’ve even gone through the play off 

8 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

The issue is surely that if you are a fan of a club like Sunderland, historically implausibly in the third tier, year on year improvement which leaves you short of actually achieving anything isn't going to be tolerated.

I came to loathe the Lee Johnson years, not because of him - I found him irritating but I've no reason to doubt he's a perfectly nice chap - but rather for what it revealed about many in our fan base, and many on here. Many folk loved LJ, and clearly still do. LJ's City satisfied the mediocre expectations of many City supporters and our owner, I suspect that Sunderland supporters aim higher.

Many of our fanbase getting a collective lob on because we had "established" ourselves at 12th in Division 2. We'll never push on with that serf mentality.

36 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

How so, Parkinson points per game at Sunderland was 1.46, Johnson 1.65, Parkinson’s points per game average equals 67 over a season and 6th already has 68

Parkinsons PPG this season was better than Johnsons. 

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

25 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Yes, I think that is what people are saying:

P13 W6 D5 L2 PTS23 PPG1.77

47 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Fair enough I’d just googled Phil Parkinson’s ppg at Sunderland, however it could also say Parkinson was getting Sunderland performing better than his average with them and that still wasn’t enough to have them inside the top 6. To get Sunderland to third LJ had Sunderland at 1.95 ppg, it’s the last 5 games that have dropped him to 1.65 ish, but now they have the points on the board and are in 3rd so it’s a different story that his ppg only equals those around/below them 

48 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Fair enough I’d just googled Phil Parkinson’s ppg at Sunderland, however it could also say Parkinson was getting Sunderland performing better than his average with them and that still wasn’t enough to have them inside the top 6. To get Sunderland to third LJ had Sunderland at 1.95 ppg, it’s the last 5 games that have dropped him to 1.65 ish, but now they have the points on the board and are in 3rd so it’s a different story that his ppg only equals those around/below them 

They had a game in hand, 2 points behind both 5th / 6th.

Very, very, very naughty, selective use of stats to prove a point.  Disappointed in you young Grasshopper. ???

Take out Parkinson’s last 3 he had 21 points from 10 (2.10 PPG).

Hmmm!

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

They had a game in hand, 2 points behind both 5th / 6th.

Very, very, very naughty, selective use of stats to prove a point.  Disappointed in you young Grasshopper. ???

Take out Parkinson’s last 3 he had 21 points from 10 (2.10 PPG).

Hmmm!

Fair enough, gave it a glance over rather than the magnifying glass. Just all goes back to the original point though that the fans are calling before Johnson's head before he's even finished the season out, at least make those calls after the play offs are over rather than you want him out before the last game of the season surely?

Archived