IGNORED

Andy Rolls Leaving

Greedo

How good is this news i hope this the start of a clear out now ? How long have we been saying this? And I'm not sure he's respected in the game especially from some top managers and just maybe nige has got some advise on this.. Anyway quality news.

I’m glad that this signals changes behind the scenes following the announcement of MA’s departure. Hopefully a sign that SL is aware of the issues and is addressing them. 

43 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Off to Ipswich?

They’d better buy in some more treatment tables. 

1 minute ago, Midred said:

Perhaps he said "Holy crap and you're f****d"!

Don't forget he's still working here "until the end of the season".

Takes a long time to package up the potted plants, a few desk ornaments, assorted stationery , the "You don't have to be mad to work here - but it helps" mug and his AZ of East Anglia. 

48 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I reckon we must have had the most ridiculous injury lists over the season. Worse than any other club in all 4 divisions. Just because Holden kept saying It's no excuse and now Pearson says things like 'get on with it', it doesn't mean we are suddenly fine having so many key players out injured all season. How can any club perform with so many missing.

If this guy was a big reason for that then as far as I'm concerned sacking him and replacing him with someone who is much better will in some ways be even more important than who our next manager is.

It's impossible to know for sure. But his track record at Arsenal and West Ham was ridiculous for bad injuries and of course the same with us.

There was that thing with Joe Williams criticising the club for how it dealt with him. And when Williams, Paterson and Mawson played in the cup game and got injured for the season, having just come back from long term injuries, I blamed Holden but he would have surely have been told they were fine to play. In some ways getting them minutes (as he had been told they are okay) in a cup game kind of made some sense. If only they had been ready.

Dasilva playing whilst injured and then out for the rest of the season. Rowe too being selected and clearly not able to play and then being out for a few months.

With our left back problems we recall Pring who had started looking really good at Portsmouth. Oh no he's now out for the season. Recall Nurse then, ahh no he has gone and got injured too now.

Walsh comes back having been out all season, oh he's out for the rest of the season now too.

Baker was supposed to be out till Christmas but is finally fit with 2 games to go of the season!

I've probably missed numerous players too. Opi looked okay off the bench and was due to start the next game but then injured himself in training - out for the season. These injuries are not just little niggles.

Oh and of course Weimann and Martin. key players at the start of the season, playing so well. Oh and O'Dowda injured after returning from injury! I'm sure there's more too.

I've said it before, name our full strength 11 and it's really not bad at all. I'd fancy our chances against a fair number of championship sides.

Some fans were saying how ridiculous to blame the club for injuries early in the season. And I said well every club do things a bit differently, so of course it could be a big reason. I expect after a while everyone realised that actually yeah something is not right.

This hopefully ends this nonsense. Let's get Nigel in for next season and let's build a team, a system, a way of playing that hopefully should not be ruined by injuries. There's no way any team can build anything if they have the injuries we have this season.

EDIT. Chris Brunt another season ending injury, well, playing career ending in his case! ?

In the style of Big Tone:

We get crocked, a lot!

39 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

This is disastrous news for when we try to assemble a ‘things you like to eat with soup XI’. 

Luckily the new head of Performance is James Crouton.

Thank **** he's gone. A half competent medical team and our injuries will disappear in no time, plus proper rehabilitation amd recovery. It can't be a coincidence that Korey Smith has flourished and not been as injury prone for Swansea as his time here. Hopefully the 1st part of the Pearson puzzle slotting into place.

Never mind the number of muscular injuries we’ve had this season, this saga has been rumbling on since 2018 — the same time Rolls joined the club. Whether or not that’s a coincidence, I don’t know but his records for these types of injuries at Arsenal and West Ham were eerily similar. LJ, DH and NP have all moaned about it and rightly so. Rolls leaving is fantastic news. 

As everyone has mentioned, excellent news 

I alluded in a few posts earlier this season from someone within the club, Andy Rolls had far too much say in what went on, his job title of ‘head of performance’ was just that and he called far to many shots , and was always protected by his mate Ashton

almost certainly this has come from Pearson and it’s a sign he’s staying I would suggest 

2 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

As everyone has mentioned, excellent news 

I alluded in a few posts earlier this season from someone within the club, Andy Rolls had far too much say in what went on, his job title of ‘head of performance’ was just that and he called far to many shots , and was always protected by his mate Ashton

almost certainly this has come from Pearson and it’s a sign he’s staying I would suggest 

I think Ashton said he would instigate an investigation into all the injuries etc (on Geof 20mans show I think). I don't know if he did or not, but if so then its Ashtons shout.

I can't see any link with the temporary manager and the sacking of a club official tbh.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I think Ashton said he would instigate an investigation into all the injuries etc (on Geof 20mans show I think). I don't know if he did or not, but if so then its Ashtons shout.

I can't see any link with the temporary manager and the sacking of a club official tbh.

Could be either.

I don't see it as a sign that Pearson is staying, but it could be his recommendation whether he is or not, and if he is I think it almost certainly would be.

Seems strange for Ashton to be sacking people a month before leaving, unless it's a face saving exercise.

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

This guy was Ashtons mate. Any investigation would of been about as thorough as the interview process for our last two managers. This is Pearsons doing for me.  I would hope Ashtons remit at AG was massively reduced the moment they announced his new job.

15 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I would be amazed if it’s Ashtons shout, when Rolls has been feeling the heat since LJ left really and Ashton has always protected him

it may not be Pearson’s shout either tbf 

2 hours ago, DaveF said:

Off to Ipswich?

Couldn't care less where he goes, so long as it's far away from us.

2 hours ago, Loderingo said:

I didn’t know we even had a head of performance. What did this guy actually do?

Break players!

This news is almost as good as signing Messi!!! 

Watch us get less injuries next season.....

7 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

This guy was Ashtons mate. Any investigation would of been about as thorough as the interview process for our last two managers. This is Pearsons doing for me.  I would hope Ashtons remit at AG was massively reduced the moment they announced his new job.

I didn't realise he was a personal friend of MA.

Not that I think its that relevant.

1 minute ago, Club and Country said:

I would be amazed if it’s Ashtons shout, when Rolls has been feeling the heat since LJ left really and Ashton has always protected him

it may not be Pearson’s shout either tbf 

I'm not sure how he's protected him when he announced an investigation into Rolls department.

Like I said, I don't know if MA carried out any investigation but I really can't see a temporary manager having a say in sacking a club official unless the temporary bit no longer applies.

Feels like good news- the injuries have been absurd this season in particular, but reasonable numbers of medium and long term ones in the last few- though I would point out we had decent numbers of medium and long term in 2017/18 as well, when Rolls wasn't here- but yeah definitely feels like a step forward- and hopefully an indication that NP is here to stay...

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I'm not sure how he's protected him when he announced an investigation into Rolls department.

Like I said, I don't know if MA carried out any investigation but I really can't see a temporary manager having a say in sacking a club official unless the temporary bit no longer applies.

Pearson isn’t temporary, the deal is done

Rolls is going Ipswich, with his mate 

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

I personally think anything that can lead to a "conflict of interests" is entirely relevant to your employment. Personal friendships and business clearly have the POTENTIAL to lead to a conflict of interests arising. Similarly if you appoint a family member to a company too. It doesn't mean you cannot do it but it is still a relevant point that has to be addressed..........or certainly should be. Filling organisations with "your mates" is not a great way to go about things imo and nothing in the CEO's record at this club has convinced me otherwise.

Certainly in my line of work ANY POTENTIAL conflict of interests has to be declared to a Client (and put on an internal register in my company records outlining any mitigating steps to be taken) and they make the decision whether I can be appointed to provide services for them or not.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Feels like good news- the injuries have been absurd this season in particular, but reasonable numbers of medium and long term ones in the last few- though I would point out we had decent numbers of medium and long term in 2017/18 as well, when Rolls wasn't here- but yeah definitely feels like a step forward- and hopefully an indication that NP is here to stay...

This season is the first season that there have been discernible grumbles of discontent from players, the Williams and Paterson situations being particularly concerning. Once medical/conditioning staff lose the trust of the players you really are in a bad situation.

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

This season is the first season that there have been discernible grumbles of discontent from players, the Williams and Paterson situations being particularly concerning. Once medical/conditioning staff lose the trust of the players you really are in a bad situation.

One day there's lots more that will come to light, certainly been some interesting things been going on around the club

16 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

One day there's lots more that will come to light, certainly been some interesting things been going on around the club

I’ve said before, don’t take LJ’s comments too lightly. Remember when he said “you could write a book about what’s happened here in the last season”. He wasn’t joking. 
I don’t usually read autobiographies, but if LJ ever brings out his memoirs, it’ll be a must read!!! 

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’ve said before, don’t take LJ’s comments too lightly. Remember when he said “you could write a book about what’s happened here in the last season”. He wasn’t joking. 
I don’t usually read autobiographies, but if LJ ever brings out his memoirs, it’ll be a must read!!! 

How can a bloody billionaire allow his personal plaything, a hobby of his to get into such a mess (actually, we all know the answer to that one and it's now Ipswich Town's problem but still)? I used the phrase yesterday "all the gear, no idea" and the more you read and the more you hear the more it rings true...............

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

He’s already published it, under the pseudonym “Roget”!

Great news. Having a bad rep for injured players at one club could be an unfortunate turn of events, but at three successive roles?! So dodgy. 

The optimist in me thinks this is stage one of Pearson’s upgrades he alluded to in the post match v Luton - about getting people out the club as important as new recruits. Seems somewhat coincidental that 48 hours on from those comments Rolls has gone. 

The realist in me thinks this could be Ashton throwing Rolls under the bus to protect his own reputation. His robust and vigorous process to review our injuries has reached a damning conclusion, but only when he’s secured his own future. 

Or we could see Rolls follow Ashton and Werhun to Ipswich. Affirmation if ever we needed it the level of control Ashton had, and how City have struggled to shake being such a lovely and comfortable destination for our own self inflicted brand of cronyism.

Good luck Ipswich, and I am so so hopeful that this is Pearson’s doing and the start of his no-nonsense reign. 

59 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Thank **** he's gone. A half competent medical team and our injuries will disappear in no time, plus proper rehabilitation amd recovery. It can't be a coincidence that Korey Smith has flourished and not been as injury prone for Swansea as his time here. Hopefully the 1st part of the Pearson puzzle slotting into place.

I'm out of likes so quote you here to give a big thumbs up... ???

But mentioning Korey, and thinking about it, I'm left wondering - which Suit decided not to offer Korey a new contract and let him swan off (!) to Swansea for nothing??

Could it have been our nearly departed, and in no way lamented, COO?? (I'm not going to dignify him with his actual title)

The COO who appointed a chief medical officer who's been sacked on the spot today? Presumably, for overseeing an incompetent medical dept? 

This chief medical officer who oversaw Korey's treatment for the previous 2 seasons, seasons in which Korey missed more than 50% of games!!??

We'd have had a far better season with Korey Smith still in our team. And Pearson would also be having far less sleepless nights if he had just one or two players with Korey's cajones and character available to him. As Pearson continually points out, these are precisely the personality traits we are lacking. 

Korey Smith was part of our team's backbone, our spine. This season we've been spineless. 

Get to f!ck Ashton. Get to f!ck Rolls. 

Archived