IGNORED

I wonder...

The Bard

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

NP's style of play can be a bit better than that IMO. It's not Bielsa or Brentford of last season or Norwich but his Leicester side were quite positive.

The year they won this League, think they were. I remember watching MOTD when they made their great escape the year before the title.

Last 9 games they seemed to blitz sides, especially at home. Weren't averse to early goals, and it looked quite high octane- fed off a fairly noisy crowd, who in turn fed off a side with a decent tempo. Also seem to recall they were quite unkucky to be bottom anyway based on average performance level.

What do you think @Ostrich can Pearsonball be quite high octane or is it more as described above, likely to be functional?

I don't think you get 102 points (we really should have beaten Reading's 106 record that year) in a Championship season just by being functional. Tbh idk what functional really means here but if it's to talk down the style of football then it's wrong for what it was back, caveated with the fact football has changed in this period so it might seem a bit flat compared to what we see week in, week out these days cos yeah football has moved on.
That Championship season we were just too quick for everyone, I remember a lot of opposition fans commenting on how we were just too quick, both physically and in thought for them. Idk if the passage of time means I remember it to be better than it was but we beat an in-form Derby 4-1 at home that season and it's still, despite all that's come since one of the best, most entertaining performances I've seen from a Leicester team. These days we play some wonderful stuff but with a technically much superior team and I'd not complain about NP's football.

Your assessment of the great escape season is reasonable (tbh we started and ended it well, some of it in between was mega drab, Kevin Phillips has said since that we went downhill cos we started focusing on the opposition rather than ourselves too much) and the title season was largely a continuation of that, at least to begin with. A more recent NP example would be Watford beating Liverpool last season, that was very reminiscent of that Leicester team. 

All interesting guesswork folks but i don't see many apologies to the Honourable Steve Lansdown for his carefully thought outr negotiation to get NP, with possibly more changes to come.

Those people screaming on OTiB the club weren't disclosing every detail of info clearly have never been in business. SL is the very top of his business game and hopefully this will translate into running an even more successful football club in BCFC.

Anyone who doesn't think we have had a good 5-7 years should look at so called bigger clubs below us.

Thanks again Steve L

Archived