IGNORED

Season Ticket sales

Antman

6 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

Assuming we’re allowed in to the grounds next season (big assumption admittedly) Anyone know if continue to be able to watch away games on a Pay Per View basis? Seems to me that the clubs have  created quite a valuable revenue stream which they could be keen to keep, albeit there’s the loss of away fan gate revenue which needs factoring in. My view is that the vast majority of those who like going to away games will still travel, but there’s another load of people who’ll pay to watch, rather than listen to radio Bristol commentary. 

The other alternative is that we all travel abroad to watch it on VPN. 

Thinking that anything other than universal access for all to Pay Per View would be a backward step from where we are now. I will watch some away games, although not as many has I have done, as lockdown restrictions will hopefully be eased and there other stuff to do. 

What do you mean other stuff?

There is nothing else other than BCFC!

Bloody part timers ??

On 26/05/2021 at 20:33, Alex_BCFC said:

People said these would be well down but I didn't think so as people will want to get back to normality asap with Covid having gone on for the length it has.

And more will return when we start winning again. Always happens. Same thing every year with people saying they won't renew and numbers will be down but never ever happens.

Just hope its as normal as it was the last time I was there (Fulham home).

Yeah agree despite all the people that say they won’t renew for whatever reason their will always be others  to replace them. Genuinely think most people say they won’t renew down to emotion but when push comes to shove they can’t bring themselves to do it.

7 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

Assuming we’re allowed in to the grounds next season (big assumption admittedly) Anyone know if continue to be able to watch away games on a Pay Per View basis? Seems to me that the clubs have  created quite a valuable revenue stream which they could be keen to keep, albeit there’s the loss of away fan gate revenue which needs factoring in. My view is that the vast majority of those who like going to away games will still travel, but there’s another load of people who’ll pay to watch, rather than listen to radio Bristol commentary. 

The other alternative is that we all travel abroad to watch it on VPN. 

Thinking that anything other than universal access for all to Pay Per View would be a backward step from where we are now. I will watch some away games, although not as many has I have done, as lockdown restrictions will hopefully be eased and there other stuff to do. 

I would guess, and it is only a guess - that for streaming to continue as it has done this season, the cost per game will rise quite significantly.

A tenner wasn't a huge spend if you had your season ticket money refunded and it gave a little bit back to the club, but if people decide to get half a dozen mates round for booze, food and football then the impact on the clubs will be a lot more significant as a tenner between many would be a minimal spend.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

I would guess, and it is only a guess - that for streaming to continue as it has done this season, the cost per game will rise quite significantly.

A tenner wasn't a huge spend if you had your season ticket money refunded and it gave a little bit back to the club, but if people decide to get half a dozen mates round for booze, food and football then the impact on the clubs will be a lot more significant as a tenner between many would be a minimal spend.

A lot of clubs rely on money that away fans bring in. I can’t see clubs agreeing anything that will see Ifollow being available for £10 if fans are allowed back in the grounds. 

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

A lot of clubs rely on money that away fans bring in. I can’t see clubs agreeing anything that will see Ifollow being available for £10 if fans are allowed back in the grounds. 

The one way I could maybe see it working, offer the £10 per game to the away teams season ticket holders. But that would only be if there were restrictions on travel or attendance. If the grounds are fully open, travel is back to normal, then there would be no benefit to give fans access at £10. If you guess that the average away following at the Gate was 1500, at £25 that's £37,500 before you take into account beer & food. That could take it to nearer £50k. That would mean they would have to get around 5,000 sales of the live feed, possible, but unlikely for every game.
I'd love to know how many watched RobinsTV per game last season, and that was without being able to watch in a Pub or with friends.

19 hours ago, Redpool said:

I wanted to miss the first half of my wedding and wanted to turn up for the food.. my fiancé said no 

I know a few people who wished they’d missed their entire wedding 

Archived