IGNORED

Our Season In Colour

RedM

As we have now drawn a line on the season most of us will want to forget, and probably won't remember much anyway having not experienced it first hand I thought I would post this.

We coloured the fixture list and seeing visually really hits home the nature of our season. Green is win. Pink are draws and the dreaded oranges were far too many. 

I've not seen this done on here before, not as simply anyway, just thought you would like to see and wonder like I do how the hell did we escape.

IMG_20210518_162418.jpg

It is a simple but a great way which shows the results on a monthly format throughout the season. September we all know was a good start and the actual first three months gave us nine respectable wins. From then on it started to get a difficult and frustrating season all round.

6 minutes ago, City oz said:

It is a simple but a great way which shows the results on a monthly format throughout the season. September we all know was a good start and the actual first three months gave us nine respectable wins. From then on it started to get a difficult and frustrating season all round.

Agreed. What really hit home was once the January window was shut we fell apart almost with exception. We had wins in December but the pattern of losses were taking hold too. Then came the change of manager, mid Feb wasn’t it, and by the Pearson had his work cut out as we all know.

It will be interesting to see in a years time if you present the season like you have here and the ratio of how many greens you have over the pink draws and the dreaded oranges. 

Oh it could be just me but your greens have a tinge of blue.  What ever the colour you choose for the wins next season they should far out way the Pink and Orange.

How about putting a red colour for all the wins after we guarantee a play off spot, should be all those played after early April.?

It was a bit of an afterthought, the colours. We didn't intend or realise it would be so visual, thought it would be much more even over the season and not so noticeable.

Yes I think we used several types of pen over the season, I should select three and keep them for that purpose instead of the family pinching them for other stuff ?

6 hours ago, RedM said:

As we have now drawn a line on the season most of us will want to forget, and probably won't remember much anyway having not experienced it first hand I thought I would post this.

We coloured the fixture list and seeing visually really hits home the nature of our season. Green is win. Pink are draws and the dreaded oranges were far too many. 

I've not seen this done on here before, not as simply anyway, just thought you would like to see and wonder like I do how the hell did we escape.

IMG_20210518_162418.jpg

Being a bit of statto and a nerd I've been doing something like this since at least the mid 80s, in those days recording each result in a notebook. Nowadays it's a spreadsheet, with of course emphasis placed on those all important W's (in green). However I use yellow for Draws, and red for defeats. There were way too many reds this year... :(

For fellow nerds, our season looks like this in my sheet - minus some other stats like the top scorer list (pretty threadbare), aggregate scores, head-to-heads, and the final league table, which appear in another sheet.

season_20-21.thumb.jpg.1140efdcef1ac05d4eb6a4603f48937f.jpg

Oh to see a flood of greens again like we did in 2014-15.

season_14-15.thumb.jpg.359d0d5eb4e66f9337cc83cc19a1ae0b.jpg

Archived