IGNORED

Euro 2021/21

daored

4 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

And then he scores, I will get my coat 

It was a fair observation. He's prolific for Lazio but not quite the same at international level. That said, he's currently on his best run of games/goals for them.

1 hour ago, citymum said:

My daughter works in a hotel in Swansea. Years ago Robbie Savage stayed there. I think when he was at Derby. He clicked his fingers at her to pour the jug of milk on the table into his coffee. She poured it into his lap! She swears to this day that it was an accident but I was so proud of her that day. 

Thats great! He should have had it over his head!

28 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I assume it's now pretty unlikely that either Switzerland or Turkey will get through to the last 16? 

So narrowing the pool of 3rd placed teams down to 4 from the other 5 groups.

If Switzerland beat Turkey they will have a good chance of going through as one of the best 3rd place teams. 4 points is usually enough. Portugal got through with 3 last time and won the thing! 

They were very poor tonight though. They're normally hard to beat if nothing else. Drew with Brazil in last WC and took Argentina to deep into extra time in 2014. Their problem this time is that Shaqiri is barely fit. 

On 15/06/2021 at 09:28, Banned User said:

Wembley not designed for 2pm kick offs?

Certainly looked like it, though as I said a simple solution would be to maybe film it from the other side in future for earlier kick offs (or is that too simple).

1 hour ago, fgrsimon said:

If Switzerland beat Turkey they will have a good chance of going through as one of the best 3rd place teams. 4 points is usually enough. Portugal got through with 3 last time and won the thing! 

They were very poor tonight though. They're normally hard to beat if nothing else. Drew with Brazil in last WC and took Argentina to deep into extra time in 2014. Their problem this time is that Shaqiri is barely fit. 

Ah yeh. It's been a long day. I forgot the Swiss already had 1 point.

5 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Haha never comment on football before the game is over!

Tbf even the one he scored was a mishit

Wasn't the cleanest, but was a fantastic goal probably third best so far? (i've not seen every game)

He did miss at least one that he really should have put away

9 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I assume it's now pretty unlikely that either Switzerland or Turkey will get through to the last 16? 

8 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

Should Switzerland beat Turkey 3 or 4 nil, which seems eminently feasible, and Wales lose heavily to Italy, Switzerland would go through as runners up, leaving Wales looking anxiously at other results hoping for a best third place qualification.

Wales have impressed me the most in terms of what I was expecting. I reckon they've carried over the vibes from last Euros, I almost wouldn't be surprised if they go further than us. They'll pull another upset in the knockout stages I reckon. 

Bale and Ramsay are something else in a Wales shirt.

3 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Wales have impressed me the most in terms of what I was expecting. I reckon they've carried over the vibes from last Euros, I almost wouldn't be surprised if they go further than us. They'll pull another upset in the knockout stages I reckon. 

If they finish 2nd they will likely play Russia or Finland so every chance.

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

It is, indeed, quite possible Wales will go further than England.

Assuming Wales finish second in their group, they will play Denmark, Finland or Russia - all quite ‘winnable’.

Should England win their group, they would probably play either Germany or Portugal.

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It is, indeed, quite possible Wales will go further than England.

Assuming Wales finish second in their group, they will play Denmark, Finland or Russia - all quite ‘winnable’.

Should England win their group, they would probably play either Germany or Portugal.

At the end of the day we have to beat the best to win it, might as well face them sooner. Imagine if we pulled a result against either of those, the hype would be unreal (in a good way). I would genuinely believe we have it in us to go to the final. 

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yep, and Wales pumped Russia 3-0 in France '16

I was there for that one, was a very fun game. Toulouse is lovely also.

As good as they were last night, I don't think Wales are the same team as 16 when Ramsey and Bale were at the peak of their powers. I do still worry about the defense against better teams, Ben Davies is our only real experienced leader at the back.

I guess the nice thing about being a Wales fan is the lack of expectation, yes we did well last time, but no-one expected that, nor are they expected to do the same this time. It's very much a case of happy to be there, enjoy every game, the further we get is just a bonus! I was lucky enough to be at the Belgium game in Lille and I have to say the only thing that has come close was watching city beat Man Utd in the Cup Quarter final at Ashton gate, similar feeling of turning up expecting to lose and pulling off an incredible upset.

2 hours ago, Sturny said:

I thought it was Australia playing yesterday, could have fooled me

Archived