IGNORED

Nonsense for Eriksen

Unan

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That’s a very unfair insinuation - can you take that back please 

Of course mate, certainly didn't mean to insinuate that it was you as such, more the idea of people involved wanted to show their love for Eriksen by stopping the game for something like 15 seconds which doesn't really affect anybody, and yet it appears people are saying that they shouldn't do this because they don't agree with it. If that's how people want to show respect, just let them. That was the parallel I was drawing, sorry for any offence.

9 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I think Phileas is perfectly entitled to react how he likes without a lecture from you.

Erikson will have been absolutely inundated by goodwill messages since the incident and would have been in no doubt of the sympathy of his friends, team mates, football fans in general, and the media.

Absolutely unnecessary to stop the game for yet more sympathy to be displayed as far as I'm concerned.

As for the 'telling off' tone of your post - do you automatically believe you are always in the right or something?

Hmm, ironic that Phileas is perfectly entitled how to react, yet the Danish and Belgium players stopping the game for 'yet more sympathy' is absolutely unnecessary and they are not perfectly entitled how to react.

43 minutes ago, grifty said:

Of course mate, certainly didn't mean to insinuate that it was you as such, more the idea of people involved wanted to show their love for Eriksen by stopping the game for something like 15 seconds which doesn't really affect anybody, and yet it appears people are saying that they shouldn't do this because they don't agree with it. If that's how people want to show respect, just let them. That was the parallel I was drawing, sorry for any offence.

Thanks, I think my views are in danger of being a bit misrepresented here. I genuinely am not that bothered, but personally feel there are better ways to make the gesture. 

I do agree with you that people should be able to show respect how they want - just in my personal view I think there are better ways to do it. 

11 hours ago, grifty said:

If you first thought about how friends, team mates and supporters want to honour/be respectful to Eriksen who nearly died in front of millions of people is "I don't think they should do it that way, I think they should do it this way" then you need to have a look at yourself. Sounds awfully similar to someone who would boo kneeling to raise a message against racism...

What if it’s a considered second thought that seeks to actually address something rather that a rushed first thought that appears to be lacking in something?

Archived