IGNORED

FA Cup 2021-22

22A

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

In extreme paranoia....a nightmare scenario awaits?    The Gas get to the 3rd round and we get drawn against them at home.  I would not be confident.  NO........surely it's too horrible to contemplate!  ?

Hope this happens, would be great for the whole City again 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Rovers vs Sutton cup tie on the same day as City vs Derby, no change announced yet.

Except WPC Julie and her merry band

Would be delighted if City game moved….my dad’s 80th birthday meal on the Saturday.

30 minutes ago, phantom said:

Exeter been told they have to replay their replay after the mistakingly used too many subs

They are lucky not to be kicked out of the competition

Appears that officials told both clubs they could make a 6th sub, Bradford were supposedly preparing their 6th at the time they realised they’d got it wrong.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Would be delighted if City game moved….my dad’s 80th birthday meal on the Saturday.

Appears that officials told both clubs they could make a 6th sub, Bradford were supposedly preparing their 6th at the time they realised they’d got it wrong.

What seems odd to me (although I can see some reasoning) is the FA saying the replay has to be done in full and is at Exeter again, but the red card in the game still stands.

Surely it's a case of the game being void or not.

However can also see that if it had been a red for violent misconduct or something it would then look like player gets off free from the behaviour. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 22A said:

After eleven minutes Bradford have taken the lead.

Exeter have come from behind to win 2-1 and travel to Cambridge on Saturday.

All the best to Plymouth, Exeter, Yeovil, Rovers and Cheltenham and I hope they all join City in January's third round.. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 22A said:

Exeter have come from behind to win 2-1 and travel to Cambridge on Saturday.

All the best to Plymouth, Exeter, Yeovil, Rovers and Cheltenham and I hope they all join City in January's third round.. 

Well I would cross one off that list, can't wish them all the best, hope they get stuffed on Saturday.

On 18/11/2021 at 13:18, phantom said:

Exeter been told they have to replay their replay after the mistakingly used too many subs

They are lucky not to be kicked out of the competition

The only people that have been penalised as far as I can see are the 45 Bradford fans that made the near on 600 mile round trip for last nights game.

8 hours ago, weepywall said:

The only people that have been penalised as far as I can see are the 45 Bradford fans that made the near on 600 mile round trip for last nights game.

It`s worth noting that Exeter let the Bradford fans who did turn up (about 80) in for nothing and also are donating all the profits from the game to the Exeter foodbank.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`s worth noting that Exeter let the Bradford fans who did turn up (about 80) in for nothing and also are donating all the profits from the game to the Exeter foodbank.

I'd also disagree with the statement earlier in the thread about Exeter being lucky not to get thrown out.

It was an error by the refereeing team that told them it was allowed.

But after realising the error they refused to allow Bradford the same.

Imo a replay was fair, but should have been at Bradford, although what the ref should have done (again, imo) was allow Bradford to make an equal change, then when writing their report acknowledge they made the error and state they allowed the Bradford one too in order to counteract the advantage their error had given to Exeter.

Whatever the outcome the ref was going to get a reprimand in some way, might as well be wrong on the subs twice so that both sides make an equal amount and hold your hands up about it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'd also disagree with the statement earlier in the thread about Exeter being lucky not to get thrown out.

It was an error by the refereeing team that told them it was allowed.

But after realising the error they refused to allow Bradford the same.

Imo a replay was fair, but should have been at Bradford, although what the ref should have done (again, imo) was allow Bradford to make an equal change, then when writing their report acknowledge they made the error and state they allowed the Bradford one too in order to counteract the advantage their error had given to Exeter.

Whatever the outcome the ref was going to get a reprimand in some way, might as well be wrong on the subs twice so that both sides make an equal amount and hold your hands up about it.

Shouldn't have been played at Bradford, they already had their home game and didn't manage to win, FA should have covered all Bradford's costs and the only question was whether you play at Exeter or a neutral venue

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Shouldn't have been played at Bradford, they already had their home game and didn't manage to win, FA should have covered all Bradford's costs and the only question was whether you play at Exeter or a neutral venue

Covering costs was another option.

Exeter didn't manage it in their home game (during the 90 anyway) which is the same as what Bradford had.

17 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

We've sold over 2000 away to Walsall tomorrow which seems crazy considering it's only the 2nd round and against another 2 club.

Oh dear, I hope the Gas don't know that, they have the best support in league 2 bar no one, well that's what Barton said last week, so it must be true, he doesn't lie !!! 

• Haha 1

On 17/11/2021 at 16:07, 22A said:

With those first round draws, I feared the worst for the West country. 

But no, going into the 2nd round we have Plymouth, Exeter, Yeovil, Rovers and Cheltenham. How many / will any of them join City in round three?

OK we've lost Exeter & Cheltenham and we're waiting on Plymouth (Sunday lunch time ko) & Yeovil (5.30 today ko). Rovers & Swindon are definitely joining City in Round 3.

Not a local team but Ipswich 0 - Barrow 0 means ITFC fans will be leaving Barrow about 10.00pm on  Tuesday night for a trip back to Suffolk. I don't envy them that.