IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Mayes86 said:

Myself and a few city lads (Cole Skuse included) had to wear these as our away kit when playing for Yate Utd at u9s/10s age group, all because we had Ian Alexander as our manager ? 

As an age group manager and a committee member of Yate Utd now I can assure you that such a thing will never happen again. Indeed, I intend to pass a resolution at the next AGM that any manager suggesting such a thing will be sacked.

cc @Steve Watts

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

There is no keeping them off the television and today the have been officially declared as a pointless football club...

Pointless.jpg

Who knew?!

I watched & did think if I was on there I would of said them . The question was . What football clubs made the third round of the FA cup in the 2021-22 season ?

11 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

As an age group manager and a committee member of Yate Utd now I can assure you that such a thing will never happen again. Indeed, I intend to pass a resolution at the next AGM that any manager suggesting such a thing will be sacked.

cc @Steve Watts

Sacked?  If we have taken anyone on board who would even suggest it then I'll be pushing for the club to be disbanded due to poor judgement!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Super said:

I don’t know what the ‘special reasons’ are but I guess he could’ve said that the ability to drive is a necessity for his employment if he lives away from Bristol.

My understanding is that under certain circumstances you can avoid a ban in Court this way if the Judge agrees….the pay off for that being a much larger fine. £300 doesn’t seem to suggest that though? Didn’t know that ignorance was a proper defence either?

Whatever, it’s more bad publicity that encourages fans up and down the country to ask the question…”what kind of basket case club would employ such a dickshit?”

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I don’t know what the ‘special reasons’ are but I guess he could’ve said that the ability to drive is a necessity for his employment if he lives away from Bristol.

My understanding is that under certain circumstances you can avoid a ban in Court this way if the Judge agrees….the pay off for that being a much larger fine. £300 doesn’t seem to suggest that though? Didn’t know that ignorance was a proper defence either?

Whatever, it’s more bad publicity that encourages fans up and down the country to ask the question…”what kind of basket case club would employ such a dickshit?”

Not for me to, in anyway question such a venerable authority on the chosen subject matter but I rather think you've answered your own question there. 

• Haha 1