IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 minutes ago, weepywall said:

but as they always harp on about their huge away support I wouldn't say "over 700" is that great, to put that into context Exeter took over 1200 to Derby last night in that division.

Exeter to Derby is further as well.

Just let that sink in and remember it when some gormless Saghead starts bleating about their supposedly amazing away support.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

I'm gonna quote this next time you show up on Owlstalk.

I’ll flick channels as I always do when two live games clash.

Fact is the gas are doing pretty well and I’d like to see both the Owls and the Gas back in the Championship. The Bristol derbies haven’t happened for several years and I for one would like to see them back. Local derbies are nerve wracking games for both sets of fans and that anxiety creates incredible tension that isn’t experienced against other opposition.

• Hmmm 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Fact is the gas are doing pretty well and I’d like to see both the Owls and the Gas back in the Championship. The Bristol derbies haven’t happened for several years and I for one would like to see them back. Local derbies are nerve wracking games for both sets of fans and that anxiety creates incredible tension that isn’t experienced against other opposition.

I've got a bad feeling about tonight, they're in decent form. We're under pressure not to let the top 2 get away from us as they both seem to win every game at the moment. We're currently on course for 92 points, but as it stands that wouldn't be enough. 

1 minute ago, Owl Visiting said:

I've got a bad feeling about tonight, they're in decent form. We're under pressure not to let the top 2 get away from us as they both seem to win every game at the moment. We're currently on course for 92 points, but as it stands that wouldn't be enough. 

I reckon the game has draw written all over it. 

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If we ever find ourselves back in the same league as the gas we should be nothing but embarrassed.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

If anyone has Sky Sports the gas are live from Hillsborough this evening. Me? I’ll be watching Liverpool in the Champion League

That’ll be a proper football match.

Local football for me, Paulton v Bideford. Would rather be out in the fresh air helping prop up local non league football clubs before they start going to the wall. That's what you call proper honest football!!

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

Currently sat in Tibshelf services on my way up to Newcastle for work ,in pulls 2 eagle travel coaches off they get , god they really are a strange bunch . Everyone of them I swear has the quarters on . 
Am currently watching 2 of them march  around the car park then into and around the HGV car park obviously on some sort of get there steps in moment . This lot make our coach 1 look the nearly normal . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

City aren’t going to get relegated.

I don’t necessarily mean we will just saying that with the money that’s been spent and difference in facilities if we were ever in the same league it would be an embarrassment. Also don’t understand why any city fan would want them in thw championship.

1 hour ago, Owl Visiting said:

You’ll be fine, 3-0 or possibly 3-1 to you. Joey to get sent off.

They will be so busy looking at a proper football ground they will forget to play, same will happen at Derby, which although a relatively new stadium is a decent ground to visit.

Can’t remember the last time I saw them play (only usually watch if we are playing), but will tune in tonight for as long as I can stomach it.

Hope the ref is a proper homer.

Please don't lose to that lot, it means we would have to put up with an open top bus tour ?‍♂️

• Haha 3

Most people get a bad feeling when they think of Bristol Rovers. It’s something about them 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Winterstoke toad said:

I don’t necessarily mean we will just saying that with the money that’s been spent and difference in facilities if we were ever in the same league it would be an embarrassment. Also don’t understand why any city fan would want them in thw championship.

No, it wouldn’t be an embarrassment.

We can’t help who gets promoted into the Championship (should we still be in it next season). I didn’t feel embarrassed when Burton were here, or Wycombe? 

An embarrassment would be something like…I dunno…getting relegated to Non League by a team wearing our kit one week after celebrating survival.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Local football for me, Paulton v Bideford. Would rather be out in the fresh air helping prop up local non league football clubs before they start going to the wall. That's what you call proper honest football!!

Each to their own I guess.

Amateur football does excite me at all. Professional football does tho.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Went there for a mates birthday a couple of months ago, first time in years. Such a depressing place, felt like I was in an episode of Phoenix Nights.

the depressing bit would suit them down to the ground. ive not been for many years now, never got to race there but the track was good for hard hitting unlimited bangers with the post and wire fence,no one got out of that still mobile if they went in hard

3 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

the depressing bit would suit them down to the ground. ive not been for many years now, never got to race there but the track was good for hard hitting unlimited bangers with the post and wire fence,no one got out of that still mobile if they went in hard

Yeah enjoyed going to watch the cars with my dad when I was young, especially the Robin Reliants, was great watching them turn upside down all the time.

This was for the dogs though, we spent the entire night inside watching the races on small TVs, it was like a night at the bingo.

• Haha 1