IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Mattyisared said:

Sags looking quite good (Maybe I wasn't "utterly delusional" for thinking they weren't guaranteed 24th this season!). Been particularly impressed by their number 10, who apparently is top for G/A in L1. Coburn been very good too (maybe it wasn't the worst transfer decision). I imagine their 10 might get bought in January, but it'll be interesting to see how they do past that point; seems like they've got quite a few who are decent at scoring at that level.

Does he have a release clause?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

Sags looking quite good (Maybe I wasn't "utterly delusional" for thinking they weren't guaranteed 24th this season!).

Did anyone predict that, let alone call anyone “delusional” for saying that they weren’t going to definitely finish bottom?

2 hours ago, Mattyisared said:

Been particularly impressed by their number 10, who apparently is top for G/A in L1. Coburn been very good too (maybe it wasn't the worst transfer decision).

Again, apart from pointing out that he was injured when he arrived did anyone say it was the worst transfer decision ever? Seem to remember City fans saying he was a decent player? 

Anyway, it’s good to hear from you again after you didn’t seem to post during Rovers run of 8 or 9 games without a win.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Did anyone predict that, let alone call anyone “delusional” for saying that they weren’t going to definitely finish bottom?

Again, apart from pointing out that he was injured when he arrived did anyone say it was the worst transfer decision ever? Seem to remember City fans saying he was a decent player? 

Anyway, it’s good to hear from you again after you didn’t seem to post during Rovers run of 8 or 9 games without a win.

I don't usually take the time to respond to such obvious bullshit. Anyone can go back through the thread; but the narrative coming on this was very obviously "the only reason Rovers got promoted is because of their loan players Anderson, Taylor etc.; they are going up to a League with significant quality this season and they will really struggle and go down." In addition, the Coburn transfer was seen as a hilariously poor signing because of his injury; when I tried to say "he's injured but once his injury is gone he might be okay for that level" I was treated with  a couple "uNdErCoVeR sAg" morons like yourself. Thankfully most people on the thread realise that having nuanced opinions on teams and players is perfectly normal. For example, Rovers seemed quite quiet during the game today; but for a club on their position and stature I thought that their following for a game late on a weekday was pretty good, and just in case this makes me an undercover sag. I'll refer you to obvious Sag Dom Howson, all these bloody sags; infiltrating football teams!

As for the final comments. Personally, I haven't followed them too much this season since the transfer window ended, but they were on Sky tonight so I watched them. It seems a bit odd to know that they were on a 8 or 9 game run without a win, I had no idea of that; smells a bit like you're a Gas fan to me...

If you want me to show comments, I can; but I'd suggest we save both of our times on that issue! 

8 minutes ago, Mattyisared said:

I don't usually take the time to respond to such obvious bullshit. Anyone can go back through the thread; but the narrative coming on this was very obviously "the only reason Rovers got promoted is because of their loan players Anderson, Taylor etc.; they are going up to a League with significant quality this season and they will really struggle and go down." In addition, the Coburn transfer was seen as a hilariously poor signing because of his injury; when I tried to say "he's injured but once his injury is gone he might be okay for that level" I was treated with  a couple "uNdErCoVeR sAg" morons like yourself. Thankfully most people on the thread realise that having nuanced opinions on teams and players is perfectly normal. For example, Rovers seemed quite quiet during the game today; but for a club on their position and stature I thought that their following for a game late on a weekday was pretty good, and just in case this makes me an undercover sag. I'll refer you to obvious Sag Dom Howson, all these bloody sags; infiltrating football teams!

As for the final comments. Personally, I haven't followed them too much this season since the transfer window ended, but they were on Sky tonight so I watched them. It seems a bit odd to know that they were on a 8 or 9 game run without a win, I had no idea of that; smells a bit like you're a Gas fan to me...

If you want me to show comments, I can; but I'd suggest we save both of our times on that issue! 

Interesting… 

Ive never said Coburn was a poor signing, in fact I don’t think anyone did? People commented (and maybe laughed) that they had signed an injured player… because he was. The only comments I saw from City fans regarding his ability is that he will probably do well at that level. Why you’re so triggered by this is beyond me? 

Well done to Rovers on taking a 800 fans to a big ground they rarely visit, Exeter took 1200 to Derby last night on a longer trip, which kind of puts that into perspective.

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

If anyone has Sky Sports the gas are live from Hillsborough this evening. Me? I’ll be watching Liverpool in the Champion League

That’ll be a proper football match.

So, let me get this right. Here you announce that you'll be watching Liverpool, because It'll be a proper football match, but actually, you decided to watch the Gas, with their not so proper manager, as you must have decided it would be a better game to watch instead.

Looks like you missed a proper decent game at Ajax.

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

So, let me get this right. Here you announce that you'll be watching Liverpool, because It'll be a proper football match, but actually, you decided to watch the Gas, with their not so proper manager, as you must have decided it would be a better game to watch instead.

The guy is absolutely deluded 

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Liverpool were pissing all over Ajax and outta sight. I watched the Gas instead. It was a good advertisement for L1 football. 

13 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

I think they might be close to 3,000 at Derby on Saturday - but hey ho,,,let's not let facts get in the way!

Considering this must be the first time in a decade that they are visiting proper grounds I fail to see why they are getting excited about doing this.

This is like some non league club drawing Barnsley in the FA cup & taking loads, trust me, if they did this stuff regularly the novelty would wear off pretty quickly.

They have had 2 decent results (both draws) but also worth pointing out they are still in the bottom half & have played the most games in the division.

Their friends at Radio Bristol (describing it as the blue “half” of the city again last night) & at the Post shouldn’t get too excited yet.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 2

21 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Considering this must be the first time in a decade that they are visiting proper grounds I fail to see why they are getting excited about doing this.

This is like some non league club drawing Barnsley in the FA cup & taking loads, trust me, if they did this stuff regularly the novelty would wear off pretty quickly.

They have had 2 decent results (both draws) but also worth pointing out they are still in the bottom half & have played the most games in the division.

Their friends at Radio Bristol (describing it as the blue “half” of the city again last night) & at the Post shouldn’t get too excited yet.

It’s like if we got promoted, we’d be taking thousands most weeks.

For them a visit to hillsbrough or Pride Park is similar to what a visit to Newcastle was for us when they came down, or a visit to the Ethiad was in the Cup…

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

It’s like if we got promoted, we’d be taking thousands most weeks.

For them a visit to hillsbrough or Pride Park is similar to what a visit to Newcastle was for us when they came down, or a visit to the Ethiad was in the Cup…

Oddly, we wouldn't be taking thousands every week. Chances are, our allocation of tickets would be reduced.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Exactly this, small club takes a few fans to grounds that they could only dream about visiting a few years back, they haven't been a league club for long remember and it's the failings of the likes of Wednesday and Derby not due to any outstanding success of the Gas that they are playing them. If they were playing at Rotherham, Doncaster or any of the smaller Yorkshire clubs last night they would have had 200 there,  these games are like big cup games to them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cidercity said:

Bloke in work told me 3000 sags were making the trip to Sheffield on a Wednesday night, Imagine my shock when turns out to be 900.

Perennial liars. 

You work with a very strange bloke, number of tickets sold has been on social media, around 700 at the beginning of the week I think.  He obviously doesn't follow Rovers very closely, or he'd be clued up. 

The away fan numbers last night were laughable. 
They’ve not been to Hillsborough for 12 years. And prior to that they’d only been there once in the last 42 years!! 
Strong likelihood that there were very few in their fanbase for whom this wouldn’t have been a new ground. 
If we’d only visited Hillsborough twice in 42 years, even on a Wednesday night I’m sure we’d have been close to selling out. 
To take 937 fans is a complete joke. 
What an embarrassment. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

They’ve not been to Hillsborough for 12 years. And prior to that they’d only been there once in the last 42 years!! 
Strong likelihood that there were very few in their fanbase for whom this wouldn’t have been a new ground. 
If we’d only visited Hillsborough twice in 42 years, even on a Wednesday night I’m sure we’d have been close to selling out. 
What an embarrassment. 

It was on tv , getting close to Christmas, a lot of uncertainty about the economy. Not defending them but valid points 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

You work with a very strange bloke, number of tickets sold has been on social media, around 700 at the beginning of the week I think.  He obviously doesn't follow Rovers very closely, or he'd be clued up. 

He's a season ticket holder, just cant help yourselves can you.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

What an embarrassment. 

I really don't get the point of such posts.  Such small-minded willy waving actually makes us look tinpot.  There are enough genuine absurdities to laugh at (e.g. their ground, horse punching, minibus headbutting, open top bus tour, Santa's grotto, Doncaster Utd, boob cricket, and so on), whereas taking 937 fans to Sheffield mid-week for a televised match during a cost of living crisis when there's a Saturday match at Derby three days later isn't obviously either a complete joke or an embarrassment

Edited by red panda
realising Sat is only three days after Weds
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, red panda said:

I really don't get the point of such posts.  Such small-minded willy waving actually makes us look tinpot.  There are enough genuine absurdities to laugh at (e.g. their ground, horse punching, minibus headbutting, open top bus tour, Santa's grotto, Doncaster Utd, boob cricket, and so on), whereas taking 937 fans to Sheffield mid-week for a televised match during a cost of living crisis when there's a Saturday match at Derby three days later isn't obviously either a complete joke or an embarrassment

A good turnout for obvious reasons, if they play them up there again next season on a Wednesday night they’ll be lucky to hit 400

• Like 1