IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

This is what 40k (actually somewhere between 42k - 44k I think) looks like, two months before

Attendance that day was 72,315 and I would estimate around 40,000 were there to support City, probably around 25,000 Walsall and the rest neutrals, comps etc.

I say “were there to support City” rather than “were City supporters” as it was obvious where I was sat that there were a fair few day trippers about who ordinarily would not go anywhere near a game. They didn’t seem to know any of the songs and left way before the end - and who in earth leaves a cup final your team are coasting to victory in before the end of the match?!?

Of course, given the Gash’s poor home support the “day tripper” element would apply to a good chunk of their 24,000 too. In no universe could they have 40,000 behind them even with the number of hangers-on every club attracts to these type of games.

Southampton supposedly hold the record for the number of fans at Wembley. Was something like 60k in the same competition, and clearly they have nothing like that number who go regularly.

• Admin
20 minutes ago, petehinton said:

All seems a bit dodge. Either he did it and she wanted it dropped, or she made the whole thing up which would mean no trace of evidence to take it to court in the first place?

Reading the below it sounds like she has caused a real load of problems for him and certainly wasted a lot of many peoples time, effort and money

A JUDGE has today thrown out Joey Barton's assault case after he was accused of attacking his wife two days before their anniversary.

The Bristol Rovers boss was accused of leaving Georgia Barton, 35, with a lump the size of a "golf ball" after hitting her at home in Kew, South West London.

But the assault by beating case has now been dropped by a judge.

It comes after Georgia wrote a letter to the CPS saying she got the details wrong after drinking all day and did not want to press charges against Barton, 40.

The prosecution did not take a statement after this and refused to call her as a witness - causing District Judge Andrew Sweet to rule that Barton would not receive a fair trial.

Wimbledon Magistrates' Court was told Georgia had phoned police on June 2 last year telling them: "My husband has just hit me in the house".

When questioned by an officer at the scene, she added: "I've been pushed down and kicked about and stuff".

But prosecutor Daniel Donoghue told the court Georgia became "evasive" the following day and has since retracted the allegation against her husband.

She was not going to be called to be a witness against her husband at his trial, which started today.

Bodycam footage played to Wimbledon Magistrates' Court earlier showed Barton sleeping heavily in his bedroom when police arrived at the couple's home.

The manager was eventually woken up when the duvet was lifted from him while he was still in his pants.

Barton could be seen asking for his trousers before he was handcuffed and arrested.

He was detained and gave a "no comment" interview when quizzed by cops, it was said.

The court was told Georgia later sent a letter to the CPS on February 17 which is in "stark contrast" to her first account.

The letter explained the couple, who are still together, were having dinner with pals and had sunk up to five bottles of wine each.

Georgia suggested the injury was caused "accidentally" when friends intervened, the court heard.

• Hmmm 1

• Admin
On 25/10/2022 at 15:15, Taz said:

I see Scott Sinclair and Helen Flanagan have split up. She obviously doesn't fancy standing in a tent in the middle of a tip in winter. Fair enough I guess.....

I always has a suspicion she was a bit loopy.....

A well-placed source said: "Helen's engagement ring snapped earlier this year.

"She's into all things spiritual and had a feeling so she sought guidance from a psychic medium.

"Helen and Scott really tried to work on their relationship but ultimately she saw the ring breaking as a bad omen and one that meant she shouldn't get married."

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, petehinton said:

All seems a bit dodge. Either he did it and she wanted it dropped, or she made the whole thing up which would mean no trace of evidence to take it to court in the first place?

Not too difficult to work out which of these it is, is it?

Couple of observations, has it ever been explained why Clint Hill left? Thought not.

What on earth could have made a woman married to a person with a prison term in his past possibly change her mind about this?

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Not too difficult to work out which of these it is, is it?

Couple of observations, has it ever been explained why Clint Hill left? Thought not.

What on earth could have made a woman married to a person with a prison term in his past possibly change her mind about this?

What a poor excuse of a woman his missus is

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Wimbledon Magistrates' Court was told Georgia had phoned police on June 2 last year telling them: "My husband has just hit me in the house”.

Good job her never hit her in her Front Garden  - she would have really known about that!

He couldn't find her back doors apparently

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Swede said:

Genuine question for our friendly gas posters on here; it must make you cringe when you see all of these posts from your so called fans just dropping you in it every time. Its not as if its a few juvenile idiots, its actually a broad cross section of your fan base from your North Korean Central toe the line forum or idiots droning on and on about away support like its an appendage to the wind up merchants trying to have a go at Derby County. 

I actually feel sorry for the likes of In the Net, Miah & Bert.

I'm not into the attendance obsession, although I have seen posts which I guess must be the result of some people letting their imaginations run away with them!  I think most people can identify the ones which are talking crap. 

2 hours ago, In the Net said:

I'm not into the attendance obsession, although I have seen posts which I guess must be the result of some people letting their imaginations run away with them!  I think most people can identify the ones which are talking crap. 

Fair play to you. I suspect you prefer to come on to this forum as this is where you'll get a more balanced opinion rather than your own, and with that I think you're turning into a Ted!

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, petehinton said:

To my mind her first statement was either correct, in which case the charge should never have been dropped, or she made it up to get at St Joseph B, in which case she should be done for wasting police time.

A day hearing at a London magistrates' court cost £10K, not counting the background CPS and fuzz hours put in on this. 

• Like 1

This one on a FB group

Gary Milkins 

We go to any game, irrespective of how big or how small they are!

It’s great to go to places like Salford, Harrogate, Sutton, Barrow, Cheltenham, FGR, etc. and Derby, etc!

We respect the small and lower league clubs probably more than the bigger ones? More importantly, small clubs respect us because not only do we sell out but our fans treat their club and fans with respect bar the usual banter?

Listen to our support on Saturday and The Pride we have in our team!

FTG

• Haha 12

6 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

This one on a FB group

Gary Milkins 

We go to any game, irrespective of how big or how small they are!

It’s great to go to places like Salford, Harrogate, Sutton, Barrow, Cheltenham, FGR, etc. and Derby, etc!

We respect the small and lower league clubs probably more than the bigger ones? More importantly, small clubs respect us because not only do we sell out but our fans treat their club and fans with respect bar the usual banter?

Sell out Barrow?

Maybe FGR and Cheltenham just up the road (big ******* deal)….but Barrow?

Stupid, deluded, lying belters

877B0E86-0AD4-4BC5-B4C1-44B5B3E5041F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 1