IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Why reduce your capacity?

I expect its to do with the time of the year with the wind blowing a half a dozen white plastic garden chairs all over the place. I expect Bob the gate man is too busy pocketing fivers to keep fetching the chairs. Either that or a stand has blown away.

• Like 1

I've read a little more about it apparently their initial reduction was due to SAG (insert jokes here) related issues. They certainly had to play with a reduced capacity following a pitch invasion or 2 early season.

Safety Advisory Group weren't happy with certain issues, however this is above and beyond, and a club led initiative.

31 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Gorringe wrote in his programme notes: "I am aware that, in the past, the club has had attendances  one attendance at the Mem in excess of 12,000"

Memorial Stadium - Bristol Rovers Record Attendance 12,011. Vs West Brom FA Cup 6th Round 2008.

Well I guess 11 is in excess of 12000.

Corrected for accuracy

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've read a little more about it apparently their initial reduction was due to SAG (insert jokes here) related issues. They certainly had to play with a reduced capacity following a pitch invasion or 2 early season.

Safety Advisory Group weren't happy with certain issues, however this is above and beyond, and a club led initiative.

Wasn't there a COVID related issue. I seem to remember that crowds over 10,000 would have extra restrictions and costs , when the grounds opened up again. I think that was when we had to had proof of vaccination and so extra staff/stewards. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Wasn't there a COVID related issue. I seem to remember that crowds over 10,000 would have extra restrictions and costs , when the grounds opened up again. I think that was when we had to had proof of vaccination and so extra staff/stewards. 

That's all done with now I thought unless less advanced grounds, clubs cannot cope with the legacy of this. :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

Gorringe wrote in his programme notes: "I am aware that, in the past, the club has had attendances at the Mem in excess of 12,000"

Memorial Stadium - Bristol Rovers Record Attendance 12,011. Vs West Brom FA Cup 6th Round 2008.

Well I guess 11 is in excess of 12000.

He is a real bellend 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Now, while a) A lot of clubs are doing this and b) I don't want to shout too loud in case we do...

...As Calladine says elsewhere in the thread these tie-ups are dropping like flies, a number have been shelved but ha they are taking it on??

Apparently they bought their most valuable one 30 years ago, for was a modest fee, even then - and they haven't invested more than that amount since..! 

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

At least they seem to have retracted from it. No doubt it's a lower league version of Sorare. Yep it takes 2-3 hours of low level googling and reading to figure out what these companies are trying to do. I've done similar myself for organisations I am involved with who have been approached. They offer a lot of money to get organisations to sign up, it's very tempting.

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Apparently they bought their most valuable one 30 years ago, for was a modest fee, even then - and they haven't invested more than that amount since..! 

They also owned a very valuable one, valued in the millions of pounds, but inexplicably sold it for a fraction of that...............................................

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I know lot's of people are worried about certain things this winter but this tops the lot..........

Now the winter is kicking in will be interesting to see how proactive the club is in making the fan zone work. Huddled together in a pop up gazebo may not be the way forward.

??

• Haha 7

24 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I know lot's of people are worried about certain things this winter but this tops the lot..........

Now the winter is kicking in will be interesting to see how proactive the club is in making the fan zone work. Huddled together in a pop up gazebo may not be the way forward.

??

If it’s good enough for season ticket holders while watching the game then it’s fine for the Fan Zone

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

??

I know it`s a radical idea and probably a bit `out there` but perhaps consider wearing a coat and maybe even a hat?

limpwristgas 

I don’t think any of the above would be appreciated by OTIB as we are the gift that keeps giving. However we have never stooped to the lowest of their lows. Burning stands down, Chasing players and punching players off the pitch at the Gate. Intimidating players through encroaching on the pitch with no readdress even though the game was shown internationally on sky. 

This prat obviously doesn’t go to Rover’s games

• Haha 7

40 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

limpwristgas 

I don’t think any of the above would be appreciated by OTIB as we are the gift that keeps giving. However we have never stooped to the lowest of their lows. Burning stands down, Chasing players and punching players off the pitch at the Gate. Intimidating players through encroaching on the pitch with no readdress even though the game was shown internationally on sky. 

Didn’t they attack an opposition goalkeeper while his back was turned at an away game when they were non league?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

limpwristgas 

They DID try and burn down the Dolman, years ago, not realising concrete blocks don't burn.

• Haha 2

Bristol Rovers have condemned the behaviour of home supporters who entered the Memorial Stadium pitch after Saturday's draw with Forest Green Rovers.

The visitors clinched promotion with a 0-0 draw at the Mem and hundreds of their supporters hopped the hoardings and entered the pitch at full time.

Dozens of home fans followed before stewards and police regained control of the situation.

In a statement Bristol Rovers said: "The club does not condone the actions of supporters who came onto the pitch following today’s match against Forest Green Rovers.

"Whilst we understand that emotions were high following Forest Green’s promotion, our fans should not have entered the playing confines with a view to anti-social behaviour and we would like to remind supporters that it is against EFL regulation to trespass on the pitch.

"The club will work with authorities to take the appropriate action to deal with those who incited violence."

A spokesperson for Avon and Somerset Police said: "Following yesterday’s game between Bristol Rovers and Forest Green Rovers at the Memorial Stadium, a number of supporters of both sides went onto the pitch.

"Officers worked closely with stewards to separate the supporters and ensured everyone could leave the stadium safely.

"It’s always disappointing when a minority of supporters behave in this way and officers will now be working with the club to consider what further action needs to be taken, including the use of football banning orders if necessary.”

Bristol Rovers News
The club have received three previous fines, dating back to November 2018, for breaches of the FA rule E20. The most recent, a £7,500 fine in November 2019 for homophobic chanting by spectators, led to an action plan for the club to review the quality of its stewarding.2 Aug 2022

Didn't their messiah say when they were in the conference there was death threats on posters all over the training ground and him and his staff had to take them down?

Didn't Matty Taylors car/house get vandalised by them?

I bet they forget all that when they clutch at straws for something to better us on.

I remember a gashead mate of mine refusing to watch them when they dropped to the conference saying that he won't go and fans shouldn't go because it was encouraging poor performances. 3 or 4 weeks later when they picked up he was saying "Yeah we'll watch them on the pavements and on the downs" what a load of deluded weirdos they have supporting them.

• Like 1