IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

So calling somebody a "14er" is "sad"

By default then, calling somebody an "82er" is the same ? 

An B.T.W. it's 15er not 14er; in reference to the year 2015. The year of course, in which you became a League Club.

image.jpeg.6b500b0c7723995d3a7b17009e06ff56.jpeg

Non.League.Bristol.Rovers

Nothing tops that period, you just can’t. They celebrate at Wycombe the week before by running on the pitch at the thought of staying up in mighty league 2.

Last game of the season all was in their favour, they were going to walk it…?

Mansfield turn up without any kit, unfortunately for them they had to wear that shite. But, but, but…. Colin Daniel steps up in their clobber and gets the winner and all other results go against them. 

******* golden!!!

• Haha 2
  • Flames 2

52 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Non.League.Bristol.Rovers

Nothing tops that period, you just can’t. They celebrate at Wycombe the week before by running on the pitch at the thought of staying up in mighty league 2.

Last game of the season all was in their favour, they were going to walk it…?

Mansfield turn up without any kit, unfortunately for them they had to wear that shite. But, but, but…. Colin Daniel steps up in their clobber and gets the winner and all other results go against them. 

******* golden!!!

If Carlsberg made memories...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

"Hilariously their prize ***** red lion lad has renamed me limpwrist gas and the sad illiterates on there believe that’s what I call myself, oh the gift"

Said whilst wearing a pink rag and his grubby hand deep in his trouser pocket searching for something no woman has ever seen,

Fame

• Like 1

You couldn't make it up!

After spending millions of pounds with leading design consultants and hours of in depth interviews with the fans, the club are moving forward with this exciting new crest...

Large

...so the gay pirate wins the day again!

"We have therefore taken the decision to halt the process and we will continue with the existing logo."

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2022/november/club-statement-rebranding-process/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

You couldn't make it up!

After spending millions of pounds with leading design consultants and hours of in depth interviews with the fans, the club are moving forward with this exciting new crest...

Large

"We have therefore taken the decision to halt the process and we will continue with the existing logo."

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2022/november/club-statement-rebranding-process/

The consultation must have been organised by the saghead Mayor "Dolittle" Marvin.

He's good at spending lots of money looking into things, and then doing **** all.

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

You couldn't make it up!

Large

FAKE NEWS.No way they spent millions on anything. 

• Flames 1

8 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

"Hilariously their prize ***** red lion lad has renamed me limpwrist gas and the sad illiterates on there believe that’s what I call myself, oh the gift"

Said whilst wearing a pink rag and his grubby hand deep in his trouser pocket searching for something no woman has ever seen,

But which badge is on the shirt??

09681310-39EE-4BBD-889A-7884EC70BAFB.jpeg

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

You couldn't make it up!

Large

I heard they were after something a little less camp but wanted to keep the badge pretty much the same, whilst also incorporating imagery that displays their identity in a modern way….so they voted for this:

98F274E2-85DA-47DE-B3F6-DA296002DFDC.thumb.jpeg.5463c806232e3f01d4fd6ebefe263355.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

From a fan engagement and governance point of view I think we should praise the Gas on this occasion. Fair play to them for consulting with both their fans and listening to the few thoughts they had. It would have been nice if our club had carried out a similar consultation process a few years ago.

Naturally they have still ended up with a camp pirate in high heels trying to squash a football, but at least they asked and listened.

So praise the process, even if they've naturally messed up the result.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

43 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

From a fan engagement and governance point of view I think we should praise the Gas on this occasion. Fair play to them for consulting with both their fans and listening to the few thoughts they had. It would have been nice if our club had carried out a similar consultation process a few years ago.

Naturally they have still ended up with a camp pirate in high heels trying to squash a football, but at least they asked and listened.

So praise the process, even if they've naturally messed up the result.

Both their fans or both of their fans?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

You couldn't make it up!

Large

Looks like Pansy the Pirate is picking his arse, and wearing his grandma's slippers.

5 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I heard they were after something a little less camp but wanted to keep the badge pretty much the same, whilst also incorporating imagery that displays their identity in a modern way….so they voted for this:

98F274E2-85DA-47DE-B3F6-DA296002DFDC.thumb.jpeg.5463c806232e3f01d4fd6ebefe263355.jpeg

Your best contribution yet, Peter. ???

You should be carried shoulder-high through the streets of Bristol and given the freedom of the city!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

You couldn't make it up!

Rubbish !

Surely, it wouldn't take hours to hold in-depth interviews with their entire fan-base of just sixteen die-hards,

But then again, if the only way they could communicate was by making grunting sounds   . . .

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Your best contribution yet, Peter. ???

You should be carried shoulder-high through the streets of Bristol and given the freedom of the city!

Cheers.

However I can’t take credit for the design, it’s not my work.

It was submitted by Mr M.Taylor, Oxford.

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

You couldn't make it up!

Large

As much as i hate them they’ve done the right thing here. 
Engaged with their fans all the way through the process and ultimately listened to the feedback. We got none of that with the stencil robin 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dredd said:

As much as i hate them they’ve done the right thing here. 
Engaged with their fans all the way through the process and ultimately listened to the feedback. We got none of that with the stencil robin 

Yeah, but we all know what happens when you invite feedback. You get "Boaty, McBoat Face" 

Best not to put things in front of a group sometimes.

Screenshot_20221118-172926.jpg

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yeah, but we all know what happens when you invite feedback. You get "Boaty, McBoat Face" 

Best not to put things in front of a group sometimes.

Screenshot_20221118-172926.jpg

As one who once drove a 'committee designed' car (Austin Allegro) that had a rectangular steering wheel I concur you are 100% correct.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Was it just an urban myth that they could go faster in reverse than they could forwards?

Not when broken down, which was their usual operating state.

'The Committee' also decided the limited colour options - 'Harvest Gold' the colour of a recently congealed 'pavement pizza'. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Not when broken down, which was their usual operating state.

'The Committee' also decided the limited colour options - 'Harvest Gold' the colour of a recently congealed 'pavement pizza'. 

A mate of mine managed to get one airborne hitting a humpback bridge on the A356 between Taunton and Williton on our way back from a skittles match. It was, needless to say. a company car!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

A mate of mine managed to get one airborne hitting a humpback bridge on the A356 between Taunton and Williton on our way back from a skittles match. It was, needless to say. a company car!

crispen rosevear,the promoter for autospeed bangers paid £10 out of his own pocket to any driver that turned up with one to race.,took 2 to smeatharpe for my mate johnny broad to race,nearest i came was an ital as i didnt have the balls to get boxed up in an allegro. John was a fearless driver and had those crates singing round there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Barton’s comments today are worth a read….

Thats Johnson Clarke-Harris scoring against them tomorrow sorted. 

“Barry Fry is a top football businessman and they have done a phenomenal job at Peterborough with their acquisition of players and then selling them on at a premium further up the chain. They have bounced between League One and the Championship.

For us, we’ve got a slightly different business model. We’ve got a captive audience in terms of a big-city audience and for us I think it’s a good marker post to see whether we are legitimately a top-10 side in the division in the next couple of games.”

WTF is he on about?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

“Barry Fry is a top football businessman and they have done a phenomenal job at Peterborough with their acquisition of players and then selling them on at a premium further up the chain. They have bounced between League One and the Championship.

For us, we’ve got a slightly different business model. We’ve got a captive audience in terms of a big-city audience and for us I think it’s a good marker post to see whether we are legitimately a top-10 side in the division in the next couple of games.”

WTF is he on about?

And the deluded. dribbling knuckle draggers will lap it up.

`Yeah, all the real football fans in Bristol love da famuzzzzzz quarters and hate da shit`