IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Yeah, but the home dressing rooms are twice as nice ...... nearly :whistle2:

1836333434_Screenshot2022-11-29at08_12_07.png.aae0e52058be1279771c7c656b5b88f1.png

EDIT

I thought some of you might enjoy the tour by Bristol World, some really dodgy editing and even dodgier buildings. They do have about 6 nice padded seats though. 

A few minor observations.

1 - Why does he have bars on his office window, is that to stop him from breaking out like some junior criminal in borstal, or is it to stop someone from breaking it?

2 - At what point does a graffiti covered toilet door become a 'feature' of the ground? 

3 - Clearly there is value in the work of most community trusts yet there also needs to be a degree of honesty about their work, when they take these mascots on to the pitch and hear the roar of '9 or 10 thousand' in the ground, is he talking about when they take kids to away games for the mascot experience as they don't get those sort of numbers for home games. Unless they have a live feed to the car-park of course, in which case, fair-play, but my spidey senses are tingling, and I reckon he is making things up.

4 - It's all a bit Sunday league there isn't it. Get the idea that the fans have been broken down to being accepting of what they get offered on a match-day, but blimey, it really is beyond non-league seeing the state of those changing rooms and the facilities. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

You're thinking of Jamie Cureton. No, the husband of "Irene" alludes to taking a fatal dose of morphine (drowning himself in some versions) because she might leave him for another man. 

I saw the late great Dr John live and his version included both the drowning and morphine references.

Multiple artists have recorded the song so versions inevitably vary widely.

• Thanks 1

On 27/11/2022 at 17:11, Gert Mare said:

….unless the opponent is Non-League of course ?

I didn’t agree with what you said, but I must admit I’ve changed my view after today….You are GREAT to watch. I haven’t enjoyed watching you so much since Chesham.

Thanks for the early christmas gift from the kings of gift giving.

? 

Consider it a gift from me. If you want to reciprocate, Glenmorangie would be ideal :)

On 27/11/2022 at 16:01, Wanderingred said:

@Miah Dennehy

Bristol Rovers are a good side who only concede to the top teams in the division. We’re great to watch and I’d fancy us against anyone at the moment.

?

Harsh!

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

Enjoy....The gift that keeps giving ?

I find it quite disturbing that parents subject their children to this type of chastening experience. Pushed through an antiquated turnstile, the gut wrenching smell of steaming urine from the portaloo facilities, standing on some old terrace with a packet of out of date crisps, pushed to the front so that they can't see the hopeless despair of the lemmings behind them. All part of the match day "experience" 1970's style.

• Haha 1
  • Robin 1

15 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Yeah, but the home dressing rooms are twice as nice ...... nearly :whistle2:

1836333434_Screenshot2022-11-29at08_12_07.png.aae0e52058be1279771c7c656b5b88f1.png

EDIT

I thought some of you might enjoy the tour by Bristol World, some really dodgy editing and even dodgier buildings. They do have about 6 nice padded seats though. 

They say that when people are ill the club take them to visit the changing rooms.

If they aren’t already ill enough as it is they are then subjected to that ******* dungeon. Poor bastards.

I expect they then force them to watch the game from that breeze-block rabbit hutch?

Oh yeah….then there’s the roar…”******* Snake” , “Sheed’ead” and some racism thrown in. I bet they can’t wait to be part of that family for life?!

Followed by a bit of Babestation, an out of date packet of crisps, a fake fanta and a free ticket for Santa’s Portaloo!

The kings of tinpottedness!

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

The FanZone ???

7E8DE00E-A401-4DBA-A774-706CD27A1759.jpeg

Must be match day at 2.50pm. Has that temporary * stage listed to one side [perhaps a wheel has fallen off] or is it one of those fairground rides where the floor tilts from side to side?

Just in case you're wondering, the donkey rides are on the adjacent turnip patch.

* If using the word "temporary" please be specific as it applies to everything in that dump.

• Haha 1

“It must be really tough taking someone with mobility issues to the games. I find it really sad to see people having to deal with those issues at our dilapidated stadium. 
I've had family members/friends who no longer attend games due to the conditions at the ground. 
I think Wael has done really well to keep things ticking over. Probably down to external factors but we're not really any further forward than we were when he arrived.
As we now probably have the most embarrassing stadium in all four leagues I think he now should be dealing with the issue in conjunction with fans in an open manner. He must surely understand the importance of looking after his customers. I doubt any of his banks have canvas roofs or scaffolding walls”

Good grief, I'm actually shocked at how basic their facillities are. Even in our darkest days our ground has looked miles better.

How the hell do they even attract players, showing them that and persuading them to sign must be a heck of a job. 

I actually thought the ground tour was a joke, I really did. But its serious. I really can't get over this. I knew it was bad, but not that bad.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

“It must be really tough taking someone with mobility issues to the games. I find it really sad to see people having to deal with those issues at our dilapidated stadium. 
I've had family members/friends who no longer attend games due to the conditions at the ground. 
I think Wael has done really well to keep things ticking over. Probably down to external factors but we're not really any further forward than we were when he arrived.
As we now probably have the most embarrassing stadium in all four leagues I think he now should be dealing with the issue in conjunction with fans in an open manner. He must surely understand the importance of looking after his customers. I doubt any of his banks have canvas roofs or scaffolding walls”

?

They should organise another one of their boycott's that none of them end up bothering with.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

Good grief, I'm actually shocked at how basic their facillities are. Even in our darkest days our ground has looked miles better.

How the hell do they even attract players, showing them that and persuading them to sign must be a heck of a job. 

I actually thought the ground tour was a joke, I really did. But its serious. I really can't get over this. I knew it was bad, but not that bad.

I want to know who sits in this little stand…

8BA034A4-EBB6-4A29-AA5E-A543DB021825.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Remember this from 3 years ago?

Screenshot_20221130-131600_Chrome.jpg

He’s a fantasist, isn’t he?

There are 2 obvious choices, sell the ground (as it’s in an area where house prices are really high) & develop a site in South Glos, somewhere near to the new arena.

Or do a far smaller version of what we did at AG, by developing a stand at a time each year.

The fact that they aren’t doing either but are still looking for help from BCC with this fruit market nonsense tells you he isn’t serious & he doesn’t have the funds.

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He’s a fantasist, isn’t he?

There are 2 obvious choices, sell the ground (as it’s in an area where house prices are really high) & develop a site in South Glos, somewhere near to the new arena.

Or do a far smaller version of what we did at AG, by developing a stand at a time each year.

The fact that they aren’t doing either but are still looking for help from BCC with this fruit market nonsense tells you he isn’t serious & he doesn’t have the funds.

Given that Joey has got them back to where they were when he took over, they aren't exactly getting themselves Championship ready (sprinkers aside) - if they are unlikely to build anything soon, they'll need to start work on the Mem if they want to get in to the Championship and stay there, I think it's 3 years to get the stadium up to scratch isn't it?

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

I want to know who sits in this little stand…

8BA034A4-EBB6-4A29-AA5E-A543DB021825.jpeg

Growing up as a kid; the house next door were still using coal for heating.

That looks just like their coal bunker. No doubt the 15ers nicked it rather than paid for it.

Have the gas not got gas ?

Edited by The Gasbuster
  • Haha 1