IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Given that Joey has got them back to where they were when he took over, they aren't exactly getting themselves Championship ready (sprinkers aside) - if they are unlikely to build anything soon, they'll need to start work on the Mem if they want to get in to the Championship and stay there, I think it's 3 years to get the stadium up to scratch isn't it?

I know this thread is meant to be for taking the piss, but the serious answer is at least 2, more likely 3.

Our redevelopment saw us demolish the East End & work on the bit below the Dolman in the first year, then demolish the Williams & replace it with the Lansdown in the second.

They would presumably start with the open end behind the goal & then look at what they did with their 2 stands on the sides, the weird pavilion one & the one that is barely half of the side.

In all seriousness if they are looking for all seater it probably would take them 3, as they aren’t starting in a good place, the Blackthorn end could become a version of the old East End with seats in it, I guess?

52 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I know this thread is meant to be for taking the piss, but the serious answer is at least 2, more likely 3.

Our redevelopment saw us demolish the East End & work on the bit below the Dolman in the first year, then demolish the Williams & replace it with the Lansdown in the second.

They would presumably start with the open end behind the goal & then look at what they did with their 2 stands on the sides, the weird pavilion one & the one that is barely half of the side.

In all seriousness if they are looking for all seater it probably would take them 3, as they aren’t starting in a good place, the Blackthorn end could become a version of the old East End with seats in it, I guess?

At least they`d save on demolition costs, they just have to cut the guy ropes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

53 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think im right in saying The gas have not built a new stand in any stadium since the 1930S 

what makes their fans think the will now

• Robin 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

In fairness, we did actually have a ground to demolish and develop. The Mem could be developed by a force 8 gale.

• Haha 1

Oh my.........

In a world of shoddy owners I see pictures of Wael in Qatar with rovers polo shirts on, and just think how lucky we are, and maybe someone more lyrically minded than me could think of a better song we could sing to recognise this. But here’s my start!

In the tune to heaven is a place on earth

Oh rovers do you know what that’s worth
Wael Al Qadi is the best on earth
The Jordanian owner knows just what we need
He’s gonna take us to the premier league

3DFCD014-40CB-4B2C-B073-72DF561937E8.gif

• Haha 10
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Maltshoveller said:

Think im right in saying The gas have not built a new stand in any stadium since the 1930S 

what makes their fans think the will now

Think the North Stand at Eastville was built circa 1950.

Absolutely incredible statistic though.

The saga of the Rovers “new stadium” could form the basis of a mini series on TV.  This timeline only covers 2005 to 2015

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-26544326.amp

Prior to this there was the failed attempt to buy (steal) Ashton Gate for £450k in 1981/82. Then there was the plan to build a stadium at Siston Common in 1989. Next, in 1994, Rovers were “homing in” on a new ground at Severside

7E87738E-3D7B-4A9D-993B-D16A2E680D42.jpeg

The stupid thing is that if they had started work on rebuilding the Mem to say a 12-15000 capacity as soon as the UWE plan was abandoned, it would be done and dusted by now and they'd have a fit for purpose stadium. Still not selling out but for half the cost of anything starting now 

But of course that would never happen because they need at least 30000 capacity to accommodate all the imaginary support that they have

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Robin 1

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

???

EFFFED4B-D6ED-4F3B-B319-E8725B65505C.jpeg.d7a0ec7ebe219a57484c804dbfd08587.jpeg

Interesting sponsor for that stand, eh?

A consistently loss making part of Bristol City Council, but apparently with £100k more of Council Tax payers money to waste in sponsoring them, all seems a little bit dubious, doesn’t it?

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

9 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Oh my.........

In a world of shoddy owners I see pictures of Wael in Qatar with rovers polo shirts on, and just think how lucky we are, and maybe someone more lyrically minded than me could think of a better song we could sing to recognise this. But here’s my start!

In the tune to heaven is a place on earth

Oh rovers do you know what that’s worth
Wael Al Qadi is the best on earth
The Jordanian owner knows just what we need
He’s gonna take us to the premier league

3DFCD014-40CB-4B2C-B073-72DF561937E8.gif

It is funny that, I also see pictures of Wael Al Qadi and think how lucky we are.

• Haha 2