IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Jokes aside I have been trying to work out where that photo was taken. Decided on American football in a northern state?

Either that or an early game in the county cricket season up in Durham...

Bill Vs Colts, which means little to me I'll admit.

1373208955_Screenshot2022-12-02at18_21_20.png.77965ff47d18f8ae376452b047a1e67d.png

22 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

All good comments, tickled 40,000 in our heyday, if we hadn't been sold down the river could of been a great stadium today ?️FTG

They just can't help themselves text above is a reply to a picture of Eastville on a Facebook football page

TBF , just checked they did have over 39k for a game. FA Cup 59/60 Vs PNE. Of course they were only averaging 10/11,000 in the League . But one anomaly obviously means they could fill a 40k stadium , what did they get for the last game at their spiritual home ?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I see they are playing away at Bolton tonight.

Trotters v Tinpotters

Barton was saying in advance of it that “both clubs are in a similar place in their journey to the Championship”.

Bolton’s ground, with a capacity of over 28,000 & which was still hosting Premier League football 10 years ago, is virtually identical to the tented village in North Bristol, isn’t it?

Deluded ****.

• Haha 4
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, 22A said:

image.png.c918b2e226bebb4b9cdbb38b24a2abfe.png

But the game went on. There the authorities realise fans have bought tickets and travelled for that date and start time, so the game goes on. Definitely no moving for TV nor postponements due to injuries.

There's actually only ever been like 5 NFL games postponed in the last 40 years. They literally play in almost all weather conditions.

4 hours ago, 22A said:

But the game went on. There the authorities realise fans have bought tickets and travelled for that date and start time, so the game goes on. Definitely no moving for TV nor postponements due to injuries.

They have games on Sunday, Monday and Thursdays, plus I think they show games on the Sunday at 3 different times. Not sure how the schedule is sorted over there though. 

8 hours ago, Super said:

Decent point.

It is, though any side winning 1-0 going into injury time will be disappointed not to win, I can imagine the reaction on here definitely wouldn’t be “decent point”.

Barton should still be in jail, though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 22A said:

In the NFL, games are often moved in to the primetime TV slots with as little as 12 days notice.

• Like 2