IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

It was the kits fault, according to the thug…

The Gas were trailing 2-0 to the Grecians when Barton intervened and told his players to change out of the third-choice shirts they had sported in support of homeless charity Shelter in favour of the club's blue-and-white quartered tops.

His ploy seemed to work as Rovers overturned the first-half lead the Devon club secured through long-range Sam Nombe and Archie Collins strikes, with the hosts storming ahead through goals from Aaron Collins, Josh Coburn and substitute Scott Sinclair's penalty. But the fightback proved in vain as Timothee Dieng equalised late on and Nombe headed in a stoppage-time winner to leave Barton reflecting on a "farce". "It was a bit of a calamity," Barton said. "It was a show of support for the homeless charity but for some reason Exeter didn't wear red and white, which is not their fault. "It seems as though there's been an administration faux pas. Their kit didn't look before the game like a clash but once you went out and under the floodlights all of a sudden it was going to be tricky for the players. "Why I asked them to change shirts? I said lads we've been absolutely s**** out there in that kit, so get it off and get the home kit on and lo and behold we're back in it. "There was a little bit of superstition but the kit was wet and we had nothing to lose. Hopefully, if we do it again we can make sure the opposition don't wear the same dark shirts as us. "I still don't know why we didn't wear the green and yellow one but maybe it was still getting washed after the Wycombe game. It was a bit of a farce. Hopefully it doesn't happen again." Grecians boss Gary Caldwell was unimpressed by Barton's half-time kit change. "I didn't even notice the half-time kit-change but as far as I'm concerned it shouldn't be allowed," Caldwell said. "It was quite embarrassing. I'm not sure if the players noticed but I'm just pleased that in the end we got what we deserved. "It was a phenomenal game. I've told the players to savour victory because it's nights like this that we're in the game for." The former Celtic and Scotland defender added: "Funnily enough I had a feeling it'd be an extra-special game because we were under floodlights, in front of a packed house and playing on a sodden pitch. "And it would've just summed things up if the ball had got stuck in a puddle on the line at the end but thankfully there was no stopping us and we got our just rewards for a great show of character. "It was a dramatic finale. I'm sure all our fans enjoyed it, but I'd love it if we could eek out a straightforward 2-0 win because any more of this and I'll lose my hair."

42 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Hopefully, if we do it again we can make sure the opposition don't wear the same dark shirts as us. "I still don't know why we didn't wear the green and yellow one but maybe it was still getting washed after the Wycombe game.

They couldn’t wear their green and white monstrosity of a kit was because one of the players mums hadn’t washed it yet…

How ‘Sunday League’ of them.

Next they’ll be getting their shit shirts sponsored by a pub….oh wait, they’ve already done that ?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They couldn’t wear their green and white monstrosity of a kit was because one of the players mums hadn’t washed it yet…

How ‘Sunday League’ of them.

Next they’ll be getting their shit shirts sponsored by a pub….oh wait, they’ve already done that ?

It`s been wet mind so they couldn`t put it on the line and Wael wouldn`t authorise the 50ps for the tumble drier.

• Haha 2

So wearing their 3rd kit had them 2-0 down at HT with Exeter, changing to their home kit had them lose the game 4-3. Yep, all down to the kit, all down to the kit.....

If only they'd given their 3rd kit to Exeter to wear......oh, hang on, we know how that normally ends up!!

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, NickNick58 said:

After Sam Nombe and Archie Collins had fired the Grecians into a half-time lead, Barton changed tact - both in terms of personnel and shirts - as three changes were made the black away shirts, worn to mark Shelter’s No Home Kit campaign, were swapped out for blue and white quarters and a different team emerged after the break.

Same shit , different kit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

So wearing their 3rd kit had them 2-0 down at HT with Exeter, changing to their home kit had them lose the game 4-3. Yep, all down to the kit, all down to the kit.....

If only they'd given their 3rd kit to Exeter to wear......oh, hang on, we know how that normally ends up!!

So that means they won the 2nd half 3-2. 

Surprised they haven't tried to claim some points. 

21 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

When Gasheads we’re whacking themselves off a couple of months ago for taking 800 to Sheffield Weds they ignored the fact that Exeter took over a thousand on a longer trip the night before. I bet Exeter fans don’t keep bringing it up on Social Media months later like Sagheads do.

They keep perpetuating this myth about how wonderful they are and that they’re a massive club. I’m in a football ground Facebook group, and quite often fewers post pictures of their fans at an away match and then add comments about how amazing their support is and how they’re the best supported team in Bristol etc. It’s really pathetic. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Barton said. "It was a show of support for the homeless charity but for some reason Exeter didn't wear red and white, which is not their fault. "

Joey. You thick ****. The show of support for shelter is called “no home kit” which means no teams wear their home kit. Exeter played in their away kit for the same reason you did. You absolute belter.

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

6 minutes ago, Offside said:

They keep perpetuating this myth about how wonderful they are and that they’re a massive club. I’m in a football ground Facebook group, and quite often fewers post pictures of their fans at an away match and then add comments about how amazing their support is and how they’re the best supported team in Bristol etc. It’s really pathetic. 

The 'big lie technique'. 

If you keep telling the lie often enough, people will begin to believe it. 

I'm sure some of Barton's acolytes will be along soon to debunk it though. (Once they've crawled back down out of his hole).

20 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Joey. You thick ****. The show of support for shelter is called “no home kit” which means no teams wear their home kit. Exeter played in their away kit for the same reason you did. You absolute belter.

He always tends to struggle when he doesn’t let his solicitor speak for him, doesn’t he?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Offside said:

They haven’t averaged 10k for 45 years. Yes they’ve played in small grounds but they rarely fill them so that’s not the issue.

We’ve had higher average support for 55 of the last 56 years.

We sell 3 times as many STs 

Yeah, they really are the best supported team in Bristol aren’t they? ?‍♂️

**** me ?

Gaslogic.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

On 29/12/2022 at 14:13, In the Net said:

As of yesterday, I am cancer free - so you can take the kid gloves off and get back to abusing me! ?

Thank you to everybody for your kind words of support, very much appreciated, I can assure you. 

fantastic News , Have a very happy new year .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Coincidence time.

Between Christmas & New Year 2022 Rovers take the lead but concede four goals at home to a West Country team named City who's colours are red & white.

Between Christmas & New Year 1974 Rovers take the lead but concede four goals at home to a West Country team named City who's colours are red & white.

3 hours ago, In the Net said:

Dot was a professional when it came to laundry, and she isn't a Scouser - no way would she get the gig! 

Plus, the clothes would come out of her laundrette reeking of cigarette smoke, not covered in chewing tobacco. ;)

Congrats on your news, BTW! ???

• Like 1

On 29/12/2022 at 14:13, In the Net said:

As of yesterday, I am cancer free - so you can take the kid gloves off and get back to abusing me! ?

Thank you to everybody for your kind words of support, very much appreciated, I can assure you. 

That really is fantastic news netty,i wish you all the best for the future!

• Like 1