IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 31/12/2022 at 09:14, Red Army 75 said:

Remember when Mansfield relegated them out of the football league wearing rovers tops. How I laughed

It's called Tinpottiness. Just like when Hitler saved the gas in 1939. It can only happen to the biggest joke of a club. Absolutely everything about them is rank from the continual new ground excuses from the top to the charming manager. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Related to jailbird Joey by any chance?

From the Wirral according to the article. Now I wonder where in the country that is ?

25 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Apparently, he ‘hails from the Wirral’, so there would seem some possibility he is known by, if not actually related to, someone in the Scouse mafia currently running the Club.

You got there before me ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Is their following so small they only claim to come from 2 post codes out of the 37 across the region?

As someone originally from BS5 I’d take that claim with a very large pinch of salt.

Always been plenty of City fans in St. George.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Gasbuster said:

They've appointed some 21 year old kid as "Club Secretary"

Wasn't that the position Gordon Bennett (i kid you not, young uns !) had, many moons ago ?

Seems a bold / stupid / bit of both move to make.

In the years before clubs had CEOs and COOs and CFOs, the Club Secretary used to run all the non-footballing side of operations. 

Dunno what they do now. 

On 29/12/2022 at 14:13, In the Net said:

As of yesterday, I am cancer free - so you can take the kid gloves off and get back to abusing me! ?

Thank you to everybody for your kind words of support, very much appreciated, I can assure you. 

That's Great news ,  Hope you get relegated and your team goes Bankrupt

Edited by Jim Davey
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, The Gasbuster said:

They've appointed some 21 year old kid as "Club Secretary"

Wasn't that the position Gordon Bennett (i kid you not, young uns !) had, many moons ago ?

Seems a bold / stupid / bit of both move to make.

theyve taught him how to write  'not at this address'  and put  his natural talent into licking stamps

• Haha 1

On 29/12/2022 at 14:13, In the Net said:

As of yesterday, I am cancer free - so you can take the kid gloves off and get back to abusing me! ?

Thank you to everybody for your kind words of support, very much appreciated, I can assure you. 

Having not visited this thread for a few days, what fanblinkingtastic (I suppose that should read fanblinkinggastic) news for me to read on day 1 of 2023.  If I feel chuffed for you, goodness knows how you must feel. A bit like all those of us who watched City at Mansfield when we won 4-5 only multiplied by a lot!

Truly great news. Well done in the net.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

As someone originally from BS5 I’d take that claim with a very large pinch of salt.

Always been plenty of City fans in St. George.

Having been born in and lived the first 35 years of my life in St George, I completely agree. BS5 was red - the blue area was from the Kingswood end of the Kingsway through to Warmley and Cadbury Heath. 

• Like 2
  • Robin 1