IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 03/01/2023 at 21:57, kelbcfc said:

IMG-20230103-WA0002.thumb.jpg.a7d63e13017ec5237ffd3f17ccc64b71.jpg

The never ending conveyor belt of ‘gifts’ continues to rumble on.

This week their supposedly professional club owned by the 6th richest man in football is posting on Facebook asking if there’s any old sparkies out there to have a go at electrical or plumbing work that should be done by fully qualified professionals.

If I was a Slaghead I might think twice about using the hand dryers in the bogs next home match….presuming I attended the game, most don’t bother.

They wonder why this thread exists? ?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This week their supposedly professional club owned by the 6th richest man in football is posting on Facebook asking if there’s any elderly handymen out there to have a go at electrical or plumbing work that should be done by fully qualified professionals.

If I was a Slaghead I might think twice about using the hand dryers in the bogs next home match….presuming I attended the game, most don’t bother.

In fairness, and I detest the Gas more than most, but they do state electricians or plumbers, not just retired handymen. Tinpot in the extreme, but there is a difference.

22 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

In fairness, and I detest the Gas more than most, but they do state electricians or plumbers, not just retired handymen. Tinpot in the extreme, but there is a difference.

retired or semi retired electrician or plumber who is looking to keep their hand in”

It depends what the club want them to do doesn’t it? Change lightbulbs that anyone can do…no problem. Post changed for clarity anyway ?

Either way it’s the most tinpot thing they’ve done this week. Can’t wait for next weeks gift. ?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

retired or semi retired electrician or plumber who is looking to keep their hand in”

It depends what the club want them to do doesn’t it? Change lightbulbs that anyone can do…no problem.

Either way it’s the most tinpot thing they’ve done this week. Can’t wait for next weeks gift. ?

The most surprising thing in that advert is that it mentions "pay". I am surprised they aren't looking for people to do the work just out of love for the club, or possibly an option to have discounted tickets.

2 hours ago, frenchred said:

I'm with you ITN, yesterday was a good day.

Now let's crack on and have a great 2023, not football wise for you though! Hopefully you understand!!!

Cancer can do one!

Thanks everyone for the best wishes most appreciated

Fantastic news - absolutely made up for you.  I'm not sure if it's sunk in yet for me, to be honest - although it was all done and dusted in less than a year, it seems to be forever since I was last "normal".  Bring on the fun in 2023.  Take care. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Fantastic news - absolutely made up for you.  I'm not sure if it's sunk in yet for me, to be honest - although it was all done and dusted in less than a year, it seems to be forever since I was last "normal".  Bring on the fun in 2023.  Take care. 

All the very best to you and your family, ITN. ?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

If they employ qualified electricians who will work to the latest regulations then all should be good, whether paid or working as volunteers. Unfortunately the message sent out suggests a less than professional approach.

There are some serious points here. In health and safety law there are clear lines of responsibility which can land the management of the work in trouble if something goes wrong, the lawyers won't stop at the person who did the work.

Humour aside, having worked professionally alongside electricians and been regularly trained in electrical safety (as well as other disciplines they could come across at the Mem such as asbestos safety), I find the advert worrying.

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

If they employ qualified electricians who will work to the latest regulations then all should be good, whether paid or working as volunteers. Unfortunately the message sent out suggests a less than professional approach.

There are some serious points here. In health and safety law there are clear lines of responsibility which can land the management of the work in trouble if something goes wrong, the lawyers won't stop at the person who did the work.

Humour aside, having worked professionally alongside electricians and been regularly trained in electrical safety (as well as other disciplines they could come across at the Mem such as asbestos safety), I find the advert worrying.

My understanding is that the work doesn't have to be carried out by a fully regulated spark (I held reg15 for installation work a few years ago) but the work has to be 'signed off' as meeting the latest regulations by a currently regulated sparky, thereby transferring the risk / liability to him / her. Sod that!

I stand to be corrected though. 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This week their supposedly professional club owned by the 6th richest man in football is posting on Facebook asking if there’s any old sparkies out there to have a go at electrical or plumbing work that should be done by fully qualified professionals.

******* tinpot.

Do you have some spare time? Could you paint our training ground?

Bunch of ******* jokers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

My understanding is that the work doesn't have to be carried out by a fully regulated spark (I held reg15 for installation work a few years ago) but the work has to be 'signed off' as meeting the latest regulations by a currently regulated sparky, thereby transferring the risk / liability to him / her. Sod that!

I stand to be corrected though. 

Yes, I agree with that though of course by the time the proper guy/gal has attended site, inspected the work, tested it and provided all the paperwork, the bill for the club (with a premium for the short term work) would mean they might as well have just paid them to do it all and build a proper business relationship. Maybe add some advertising for them to the stands etc. (Insert joke here ref stands.)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Slacker said:

7 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Went away to put the Christmas tree in the loft, come back and it's 2-1!

Apologies all I feel responsible...

C.nuts

Go and get it back down again!

Someone said "that's a nice Christmas tree, are you gonna put it up yourself?"

"No, I'm putting it in the living room." ?

• Haha 4