IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Ashton Hero said:

Quick question - if Rovers are such a tinpot club, why do we spend so much time discussing them. including their most recent game with Accrington? Over 3000 pages is a little embarrassing TBH. 

If we were genuinely massive, as our players and fans used to claim ad nauseam, we would have bigger things to worry about.

Just saying. 

Because the club you support gives us great pleasure in all the numptiness shown almost on a daily basis .This is in spite of  the might reds Bristol‘s real people’s club being a bit under the weather recently.

Off u go now there’s a good boy/girl/they/ Gashead ***

• Like 1

Quick question - if Rovers are such a tinpot club, why do we spend so much time discussing them. including their most recent game with Accrington? Over 3000 pages is a little embarrassing TBH. 

If we were genuinely massive, as our players and fans used to claim ad nauseam, we would have bigger things to worry about.

Just saying. 

Quick reply........  The Gift!

And you've just added to it. ?

• Like 3

This is the last time I was in the stands for a home league match against the SAGs. It made my Christmas so much better. Especially when Beadle scored. It took away the memories of that awful game in Jan 96 when we lost 2-0 at home and it all kicked off at the end.

Anyway, my actual point is, if our new poster Ashton Hero is under 22 years old, he wouldn't have been alive for a league match between us at Ashton Gate.

The last time we played each other in the league was a 1-1 draw at the campsite on the 3rd April 2001. I can't think of two teams from any other City who have failed to play each other for that long. (Port Vale last played Stoke in the league on the 10th Feb 2002 for example).

In theory, we've now got fans who were born, finished school, got married and had their first child and never watched a league match between us and the blue few.

Taking the piss is the only thing that keeps the relationship on life support.

Enjoy the memory:

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 7

Just saying. 

We’ll keep going if that’s ok with you.

We have to have something to laugh about consistently living in the shadows of Bristol’s answer to Boca Juniors.

If the embarrassment of this thread is too much though, then there is an “ignore thread” button which may assist you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ashton Hero said:

Just saying. 

Because we ****ing hate them. Whether they are one division below us, in the same league or playing on the Downs is neither here nor there - I’ve never understood this notion. That your hatred for your rivals waxes and wanes based on comparative fortunes. Things can change very quickly in football.

I take enormous pleasure in seeing them lose - their fans are holier-than-thou delusional w@nk3r5, their manager is an absolute coldsore of a human being and they are just generally all around a truly objectionable club.

Capiche?

EDIT: No sane City fan would describe us as anything approaching “massive”.

Edited by WessexPest
  • Like 7
  • Flames 1

49 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

This is the last time I was in the stands for a home league match against the SAGs. It made my Christmas so much better. Especially when Beadle scored. It took away the memories of that awful game in Jan 96 when we lost 2-0 at home and it all kicked off at the end.

Anyway, my actual point is, if our new poster Ashton Hero is under 22 years old, he wouldn't have been alive for a league match between us at Ashton Gate.

The last time we played each other in the league was a 1-1 draw at the campsite on the 3rd April 2001. I can't think of two teams from any other City who have failed to play each other for that long. (Port Vale last played Stoke in the league on the 10th Feb 2002 for example).

In theory, we've now got fans who were born, finished school, got married and had their first child and never watched a league match between us and the blue few.

Enjoy the memory:

Forest v County last league game was 12/2/94!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Enjoy the memory:

That match seems like a lifetime ago, we’d only been above them for about 2 months at that point. It was immensely enjoyable ruining their Christmas. ?

There is unlikely to be any Gasheads alive under the age of 28/29 who have any memory of a Bristol League derby. Considering we’ve hardly set the World alight in the last 2 decades that tells you how poor they’ve been. In a way we’re lucky to be blessed with such deluded, comical clowns as neighbours…making us laugh on a regular basis by shooting themselves in both feet for no apparent reason whatsoever. 

There wouldn’t be 3000 pages if they didn’t give us anything to fill those pages with in the first place. ?

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That match seems like a lifetime ago, we’d only been above them for about 2 months at that point. It was immensely enjoyable ruining their Christmas. ?

There is unlikely to be any Gasheads alive under the age of 28/29 who have any memory of a Bristol League derby. Considering we’ve hardly set the World alight in the last 2 decades that tells you how poor they’ve been. In a way we’re lucky to be blessed with such deluded, comical clowns as neighbours…making us laugh on a regular basis by shooting themselves in both feet for no apparent reason whatsoever. 

There wouldn’t be 3000 pages if they didn’t give us anything to fill those pages with in the first place. ?

Apart from that Bignot sucker punch and a late Cameron consolation they barely created a chance all night. Beadle very close to a wonder goal, but his introduction, after Robbie Pathetic crocked Lee Peacock, transformed the game. Must have really hurt them to see the man who had caused us so much pain in Gate derbies doing the business against them in a red shirt.

Thorpe’s goal was a thing of beauty.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Just dipped into their stadium thread. They are now expressing concerns that Temple Meads could be overwhelmed by the 25k crowds they will get at the new cabbage patch stadium.

The gift never fails to deliver.

25k? Where the hell did they get that number from? Oh i bet its whatever city get and add a few more. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ashton Hero said:

Just saying. 

Simple answer is, they’re a laugh a minute and they’d give some top level comedians a run for their in terms of laugh potential.

Difference.is, I’d pay good money to see a good comedian, but I’d pay f all towards that lot …… especially when you can read all about it on this thread!

We dont call them The Gift for nothing mate!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

A quick question for you. If it wasn't for Lansdown's extensive investment, do you think you would be in a higher league than them?

Or, to put it differently, given the amount that Lansdown has invested in the club, is he not entitled to expect the gap (16 places) to be a lot, lot bigger?

Lansdown had aspirations for you to be a lot, lot bigger than you actually are. When he leaves, my assumption is that equilibrium will bring you back down again. 

Is he taking our 20,000 crowds with him as well? You absolute ******* melt

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

A quick question for you. If it wasn't for Lansdown's extensive investment, do you think you would be in a higher league than them?

Or, to put it differently, given the amount that Lansdown has invested in the club, is he not entitled to expect the gap (16 places) to be a lot, lot bigger?

Lansdown had aspirations for you to be a lot, lot bigger than you actually are. When he leaves, my assumption is that equilibrium will bring you back down again. 

Giving it away in this post aren’t “YOU”

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

Any more embarrassing than Pearson's press conferences? Somebody needs to tell him how to speak to people and to learn some manners. JB isn't everybody's cup of tea, but he has a sense of humour and some self-awareness. Pearson comes across as an utterly unlikable k*ob. 

Quite right, I mean insulting the manager of every side you play against is very “self aware”.

If by “not being everyone’s cup of tea”, you mean he’s a criminal who is friends with other criminals & employs people who have served bans for betting on games they’ve played in & a scout who went to court accused on kicking a policeman to death, that sort of “self aware”?

**** off, gas.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1