IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

To be fair, the top three clubs are actually much bigger clubs than you. The reason they are in the division is because they effectively gambled on  on promotion to the PL. For example, the financial pressures are such that Derby felt it necessary to effectively cheat in their efforts to reach the PL.

It is unfair for clubs to overspend, get relegated, get brought out by new owners, and then get promoted again before overspending again with the aim of making the PL. It makes a mockery of L1. 

You were almost subject to a transfer embargo last season because of your inability to live within your means, so I wouldn't laugh too soon. 

The question wasn’t about us though was it . What’s wrong with you lot ffs ? 

Oh , we were not near a transfer embargo either . 
what was it Danny Baker said about you lot . Oh yeah . Bristol Rovers fans are pathological liars . Even cockneys know about your bullshit . 

• Like 9
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

To be fair, the top three clubs are actually much bigger clubs than you. The reason they are in the division is because they effectively gambled on  on promotion to the PL. For example, the financial pressures are such that Derby felt it necessary to effectively cheat in their efforts to reach the PL.

It is unfair for clubs to overspend, get relegated, get brought out by new owners, and then get promoted again before overspending again with the aim of making the PL. It makes a mockery of L1. 

You were almost subject to a transfer embargo last season because of your inability to live within your means, so I wouldn't laugh too soon. 

This is literally the opposite of what Ipswich did in the Champ....

Bigger club than us yes agreed however their fans didn't bother turning up in the Champ 

17 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

Lying ***

• Like 4

On 17/01/2023 at 17:06, Ashton Hero said:

I genuinely thought the guy at the front was a Fleetwood fan when I saw the photo. You'll need to chOn 17/01/2023 at 17:06, Ashton Hero said: I genuinely thought the guy at the front was a Fleetwood fan when I saw the photo. You'll need to change the shirt for next season when you play them in the league after your forthcoming relegation.  ange the shirt for next season when you play them in the league after your forthcoming relegation. 

Pretty crass and small minded on your part. Your club does a pretty admirable thing in support of one of your players who has been diagnosed with cancer which has made the National Media. Its had a lot of support on here and all you can do is use it to score petty points.

Cancer has no colours, it affects everyone.

Shame on you.

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, 22A said:

image.png.bce8a4079503ce81a4185d2c3ec2e2ff.png

Six of the top eight have played in the Prem. Explains why Rovers think they are a big club.

1 hour ago, Ashton Hero said:

"To be fair" you are in 9th Place in league one having played more games than all of those around you. It is statistically unlikely (and they may have to play each other) but if Exeter, Port Vale, Charlton, Oxford, Shrewsbury and Portsmouth win their games in hand you could find yourselves 15th - So yeah definitely rubbing shoulders with the top 6!

Despite this one of your lot decides to lump your poxy club in the league one playoff picture with the likes of Ipswich and Derby by using phrases like "the other big six clubs" and then compound his/her needy fantacism by spouting shit about 12k attendances. According to https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/bristol-rovers/attendances this is something you have not had since 2016, when, being generous, you got 11750 for millwall at home. For an actual 12K attendance you need to go back to West Brom in March 2008!

Notice also that depsite you trying to cast shade on us, no poster from the red side suggested we were bigger than the three clubs at the top of the attendance list that was posted - those clubs have been in the premier league and are well supported and often attracts gates in excess of ours BUT we certainly have a far stronger case for calling them "our peers" having spent far longer in the same division as these clubs/the championship in the last 2 decades than the gas.

Peopl;e ask why this thread exists - this exactly why - your fanbase is filled with cretinous needy morons who desperately cling to any sliver of hope that they are in soime way as good or better than us. If your fanbase were more realistic or humble, half the ammo that is used to load the gun of this thread disappears.

Edited by cityal
  • Like 10
  • Flames 7

7 minutes ago, cityal said:

"To be fair" you are in 9th Place in league one having played more games than all of those around you. It is statistically unlikely (and they may have to play each other) but if Exeter, Port Vale, Charlton, Oxford, Shrewsbury and Portsmouth win their games in hand you could find yourselves 15th - So yeah definitely rubbing shoulders with the top 6!

Despite this one of your lot decides to lump your poxy club in the league one playoff picture with the likes of Ipswich and Derby by using phrases like "the other big six clubs" and then compound his/her needy fantacism by spouting shit about 12k attendances. According to https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/bristol-rovers/attendances this is something you have not had since 2016, when, being generous, you got 11750 for millwall at home. For an actual 12K attendance you need to go back to West Brom in March 2008!

Notice also that depsite you trying to cast shade on us, no poster from the red side suggested we were bigger than the three clubs at the top of the attendance list that was posted - those clubs have been in the premier league and are well supported and often attracts gates in excess of ours BUT we certainly have a far stronger case for calling them "our peers" having spent far longer in the same division as these clubs/the championship in the last 2 decades than the gas.

Peopl;e ask why this thread exists - this exactly why - your fanbase is filled with cretinous needy morons who desperately cling to any sliver of hope that they are in soime way as good or better than us. If your fanbase were more realistic or humble, half the ammo that is used to load the gun of this thread disappears.

Obama Mic Drop GIF by Mashable

• Like 3

2 hours ago, In the Net said:

What's the point of using an old photograph when trying make a comparison, at least compare it to the current room if you're going to make a point.

So I presume the current room is so much better then?

Amazing what new curtains and a bit of Shake and Vac can do...

My guess is that (in keeping with the rest of your set-up) it'll still be shit...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, In the Net said:

That has no relevance to your original post.  Rather ironic that you're the one who brought 1982 into the conversation - why on earth would that have an impact on everyday of my existence. ?

When you talk about 40 years ago, then yes it does. Not just you, but every other doughnut that supports your club.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ashton Hero said:

What is this lie? When was this? This is absolutely not true.

You clearly have very little understanding of the finances of Championship teams. This is understandable given your club has never been subject to the FFP rules that we abide by, and that your club is so small that you only file accounts for a small company with Companies House.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, 42nite said:

? It's Valentines night so people will be taking their partners. ?

Maybe along the lines of...

I've got something special lined up for you tonight my luvver!  

My favourite line is the one suggesting it won't be a sell out for home fans because "it's a Tuesday night" ;) 

12 hours ago, In the Net said:

What's the point of using an old photograph when trying make a comparison, at least compare it to the current room if you're going to make a point.

Joking aside, what was that picture about? It does actually look like the room was set up for an exam session as the tables only have one chair. Cue more jokes no doubt, but it does have me puzzled.

7 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Joking aside, what was that picture about? It does actually look like the room was set up for an exam session as the tables only have one chair. Cue more jokes no doubt, but it does have me puzzled.

Maybe it was? I don't know what sort of things they rent their rooms out for, but I have rented hotel rooms and had them set up that way for things like Basic Food Hygiene training and exams.