IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

39 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Indeed he did. He didn't want to join your poxy club if he could help it though...

In the summer of 2006, Phillips moved across the city to bitter rivals Bristol Rovers F.C. This was after Phillips made a "come and get me" plea to Swindon Town manager Dennis Wise through ex-City teammate Lee Peacock. Wise chose to pursue Petr Brezovan instead.

I met him in Reflex nightclub not long before he left, he bitched about being treated unfairly and how he may have to leave the club, I jokingly said “just don’t sign for the Gas mate” at which point he made a face like “yeah right, AS IF” and that was that.

I get the feeling it wasn’t his dream move ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

On a separate thread, your fans discuss how Louis Carey, your record appearance holder, saw no reason not to cut you out of a deal and is apparently on less than ideal terms with the club. Phillips was similarly referred to as 'Flapper' by your 'fanbase'. Even Marcus Stewart, an actual c*ty fan, albeit one better known for the goals he scored against you, than for you, was treated pretty shabbily by your club after taking Phillips' side in his dispute with Gary Johnson.

Of course for some of our players, it is just a job. But many of our former players, including Jason Roberts, Steve Elliot, Nathan Ellington and Barry Hayles, still hold the club in great affection and some even attend games. Aaron Collins also clearly buys into the club and its ethos. 

I initially thought you were just on the wind up, but I think you might actually believe this shit you're coming out with :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Phillips also initiated his move out of the club. 

…because he didn’t have the bottle to fight for his place and he knew that Basso was a far better keeper anyway.

54 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

On a separate thread, your fans discuss how Louis Carey, your record appearance holder, saw no reason not to cut you out of a deal and is apparently on less than ideal terms with the club. Phillips was similarly referred to as 'Flapper' by your 'fanbase'. Even Marcus Stewart, an actual c*ty fan, albeit one better known for the goals he scored against you, than for you, was treated pretty shabbily by your club after taking Phillips' side in his dispute with Gary Johnson.

Of course for some of our players, it is just a job. But many of our former players, including Jason Roberts, Steve Elliot, Nathan Ellington and Barry Hayles, still hold the club in great affection and some even attend games. Aaron Collins also clearly buys into the club and its ethos. 

Johnson changed the culture of our club on the playing side. He then guided us higher than Rovers have ever been so I guess he knew what he was doing.

Ex players visiting their old clubs from time to time and talking about happy memories is not something that is unique to Rovers. Is this the best you’ve got? 

• Like 3

Philips Signed for R~~~~s on the Thursday before the start of the season because he was under the assumption that he would get a better deal. Certain People made sure that the word was put around the football world about Philips temperament and that's why other clubs didn't sign him. 

That information came to me from a former R~~~~s player who i know personally.

Edited by Barry Sheene

52 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Well done on naming 4 previous players who sometimes manage to attend games (they probably attend more than the "we'll watch them from the pavements" mob I guess judging by your attendances), and then well done claiming some other stuff up about other former players - when exactly did these players leave us? Maybe you should stop living in the past, but then again I don't think the future is worth looking forward to when it comes to the poor old Saggies.  Aaron Collins will buy into leaving at the first opportunity, I expect he won't be going for anything less than £10 million though.

Are you actually "Flapper" yourself? You seem obsessed with a former player for us (of all clubs) who couldn't take criticism and was rightfully dropped, and lost his place to a far better keeper. 

Do you want a list of former City players who manage to make it to our games as well for a bit of balance as I am sure many can be named on here? As I really am unsure why you seem to type all of your nonsense out as it's some sort of "gotcha" moment - it really isn't, and is just showing yourself up. 

You must be really living the dream, spending the last couple of weeks on a fans forum of a club you despise, whilst even watching our games (wow), and claiming all sorts of weird stories that nobody else has heard of.

Ps - I'm glad nobody has ever been thrown under the bus by the lovely Joey, sent back to their club or publicly named in interviews for being awful, I mean nobody would ever fall out with such a lovely man...... Bloody Johnson causing all that trouble at Bristol City....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

And turning up wearing "da faymuss corterzzzz" as if some sort of badge of defiance ?

I liked all the pictures posted on Facebook of Sagheads stood outside the stadium post jab with their hands in a thumbs down pose. But instead of looking defiant they all looked totally defeated with a tinge of bitterness. ?

Bit like they’d just had a major reality check of how far behind they really are off the pitch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deluded Sag said:

The facts are that Phillips had a massive issue with Gary Johnson, that’s no secret. But Gaslogic dictates that he loves the gert Quarters and hates they Teds….

What is it with you lot and players needing to love the club and it’s “ethos” whatever that means? Comes across as a bit needy to me. Players play for you cos it’s a job the same they do for us. Adam Webster gave his all for us. Why? Because it got him a Premier League move and earned us more Tilsons than your brain could handle not because he bought into the ethos.

Aaron Collins, your ex Youth Team player who you binned originally will piss off just the same if he gets a better offer…….it’s true!!

5 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

We should be careful though - they have an ethos apparently.

Have we got an ethos? It sounds important. I hope we haven't lost it somewhere. Maybe it has fallen under a seat.

He's probably thinking of one of the Three Musketeers...

• Haha 4
  • Flames 1

33 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Obsessed, like that belter who ran off to the Man City forum. Pleading for praise for their shitty little club. Think the reply was something like “ it seems Bristol City are everything you wish you could be”. 

Jealousy is a bastard 

I've said it before if Prince Harry was a football fan he would be a Gashead

Edited by Barry Sheene
  • Haha 16

I agree, helping to put up your abundance of tents for match days wouldn't of been in his job description.

Ethos. A club built on loans, literally. 

We have a long list of players with great relationships with the club. No club is perfect in it's handling of every situation Clint Hill being a nice example, add in how you treated Ben Garner or that striker who couldn't score Nichols. Stefan Payne called your lot out and you hated it. 

That fact you are using an asterisk sums you, cherry pick an argument and fail to make any sticking point.

Fact. Johnson achieved more then your club ever will.

Fact. Basso was better then Philips

Fact. You employ a manager with a history of violence but he vindicated because he loves da gas.

Please troll harder.

30 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Didn’t flapper save a penalty for us against them that essentially sent them down? Or am I making that up?

I think you may be right. I remember attending the memorial ground on a midweek and Scott Jones(?) having a late penalty saved which meant it finished 1-1.

They went down that season by a point. On the second of May.

Edit: Found it. Skip to the last minute. And enjoy the commentary if not the frankly bomb site “stadium”

Double Edit: That was the last league meeting between the clubs. You’ll note Mickey Bell at the end congratulating Phillips. Our left backs sperm has played at a higher level than Rovers have since that game.??

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Haha 14
  • Flames 4

2 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

You'll recall that the Rovers great brilliantly dismissed the former Cambridge reserve manager as a 'conference manager', which is possibly too kind as Johnson eventually ended up managing beneath this level. 

I don't doubt at all that Johnson would try to smear Phillips. In fact, its entirely what I would expect from him. 

You’re getting Marcus Stewart confused with @Robbored

Easy mistake to make but Robbos been to Wembley with Rovers more times.

• Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

As I mention in the original comment, Philips was backed up by Marcus Stewart, who achieved far more in the game than Johnson. You'll recall that the Rovers great brilliantly dismissed the former Cambridge reserve manager as a 'conference manager', which is possibly too kind as Johnson eventually ended up managing beneath this level. 

I don't doubt at all that Johnson would try to smear Phillips. In fact, its entirely what I would expect from him. 

Well, I hate to criticise a bloke who has significant health problems to overcome, and I wish Marcus all the best in his fight, but there may be a degree of bitterness from a striker who had clearly peaked in his late 20s and resented being told he wasn't good enough to play in the second tier any more. Nonetheless, Johnson was proved right and his subsequent clubs, after an unsuccessful loan at Preston, were lower league. 

5 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

And Stewart actually helped get Yeovil promoted from D1, which was the league you were in when Johnson sidelined him and told him he was no longer good enough. 

Stewart was always in a different class to 'bounce around the ground' Johnson. 

I hate to make you look stupid….

The manager who took Yeovil up from league one was Gary Johnson.

Marcus Stewart was not in the squad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

1 minute ago, Deluded Sag said:

Well, with all due respect, I think Stewart was proved correct in his assessment of Johnson, whose post-C*ty career was less than glittering and was last seen living the managerial dream at Torquay.

And Stewart actually helped get Yeovil promoted from D1, which was the league you were in when Johnson sidelined him and told him he was no longer good enough. 

Stewart was always in a different class to 'bounce around the ground' Johnson. 

But as was proved, not good enough in 2006 to retain a place in the City team. He was desperately disappointing. I'd have loved him to succeed. 

You seem slightly confused about MS's exploits at Yeovil. He wasn't at the club in 2012-13 when they got promoted to the Championship. In fact, he'd retired from the field by then. He didn't rejoin Yeovil as a coach until last year. 

There is one man who you've disparaged who was at the club when they achieved their highest-ever league position though, Gary Johnson. 

• Like 4