IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Both Stewart and Phillips have clearly stated the reason why they left the club - in order to gain similar level of insight, you simply need to read the Evening Post, follow social media and browse through the forums. 

If you need to keep up to date on our club then crack on. Me personally, I couldn’t name one player in your team. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Well, your fellow C*ty fans quite clearly do give a sh*t. 'The lady doth protest too much' comes to mind. Phillips served you well and you then p*ssed on him from a height before he returned the favour in the JPT area final. 

Its an interesting period in your history. Stewart and Phillips are also interesting characters. Just out of interest, Is Stewart still a C*ty fan or did his dire stint bring him to his senses? 

You are weird.

57 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

In your promotion season from L1 you also had a non-scoring striker (Smith?).

Shit you're right. He couldn't hit a barn door could he.

Now, before you say "that's a JPT game and I meant that he couldn't score in the league"...he scored 7 in 14 in the league. The above are 4 of his 13 goals in 20 games for us. But yeh, he was awful wasn't he.

17 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Well, your fellow C*ty fans quite clearly do give a sh*t. 'The lady doth protest too much' comes to mind. Phillips served you well and you then p*ssed on him from a height before he returned the favour in the JPT area final. 

Its an interesting period in your history. Stewart and Phillips are also interesting characters. Just out of interest, Is Stewart still a C*ty fan or did his dire stint bring him to his senses? 

Bloody hell. Do ever get tired of talking complete bollocks 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

“Pissed on him from a height”

What, by signing a better keeper? ? 

City also served Phillips well, things come to an end, that’s life. I don’t care what he thinks about us and I’d imagine the vast majority of City fans are the same. Like I say, he was replaced by a better keeper.

Why are you asking me about Marcus Stewart? Nothing but sympathy for him with his current situation, all I know is that he was a City fan growing up and said that signing for City was one of the proudest moments of his career when he arrived. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Just out of interest, Is Stewart still a C*ty fan or did his dire stint bring him to his senses? 

He travelled around quite a bit so could be a fan of any league club, had a decent career.

Unfortunately for you he couldn't follow Rovers in the league after retirement though as they weren't even in the league! ?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Yes, he was awful. 

You forgot to include that game against Yeovil where he fell over his own feet. 

According to Wikipedia, he scored one in 23 games for you. 

Brighton and Hove Albion was the only time in his career that he achieved vaguely acceptable stats. Nine in 36 (same source). 

Can you get a single thing right? The poster above was replying to your comment about the 'non-scoring' Matt Smith.

You appear to be describing Bas Savage.

Do try and keep up dearest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deluded Sag said:

I know that you have a limited vocabulary and struggle with concepts such as mutual respect and courtesy. But try a little harder to offer something constructive and that contains an ounce of intelligence. 

Mutual respect and courtesy? For some WUM getting his kicks by coming on here and taking the piss? I have no respect for you you complete and utter tosser, and likewise nothing constructive to say to you, other than to say it would be far better for all of us if you sodded off of our message board.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Deluded Sag said:

Both Stewart and Phillips have clearly stated the reason why they left the club - in order to gain similar level of insight, you simply need to read the Evening Post, follow social media and browse through the forums. 

Either of the two above are quite clearly a relation of yours. 

Nobody is arsed. You keep bringing up players from the 90s and 00s, still clinging on to being that close to us? It’s been 30 years pal…

Nobody is arsed 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Deluded Sag said:

Errrr....I think the non-scoring Irish striker's name was Smith? This was either the promotion season from L1 or the season when you lost to Hull City in the play-off final. 

You're just proving how little you know about the subject, as no such player exists.

Maybe stick to subjects you're more familiar with, such as non-league football and tents.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

You're just proving how little you know about the subject, as no such player exists.

Maybe stick to subjects you're more familiar with, such as non-league football and tents.

To be fair to the tit, we had a striker called Smith each of the times we got promoted to the Championship in 2007(Andy Smith) and 2015 (Matt Smith), so for once he is right.

Whats more pertinent is they haven’t achieved such a task for over 30 years. And we wonder why they are so obsessed with the past.

(Edit: First season stated as 07-08 but was 06-07. Point remains)

Edited by Silvio Dante

The strange fascination with being 'mildly less crap'......but no desire to improve yourself.

Bas Savage falling over his own feet, yeah once - because Devon White never did that, did he?

'Flapper Phillips' obsession - when we replaced him with someone better.

Posting endless shit on your rivals (loosely) forum  - when the opposite gets you banned within 2 or 3 posts.

Seemingly more interested in recent 20 year old City history - when we couldn't give a shit about yours.

The thread flourishes for the exact reason that you are posting..........delusion, tinpottedness, irony, sarcasm...........THE GIFT.

We've moved on, both on and off the pitch, I suggest you do too. Time to leave the 1990's, or wherever your head is, behind.

Oh, and MIND THE GAP.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

The difference is that Devon White was actually effective. He played in the Premiership whereas Bas should have been playing on the Downs. Apparently you players couldn't believe he was actually a professional footballer when he first turned up for training. 

For some reason, people objected to my objection that Phillips was a good goalkeeper for us and that I rated him.

And the Stewart debate was kind of a strange offshoot in which I was perversely expected to be fully aware of the minutiae of his entire career.

As I have said before, post on the Independent forum, not the official one. Behave with courtesy and respect for others and I have no doubt you will be welcomed with open arms. However, be prepared to banter and don't dish it out if you can't take it. 

Big Dev was very effective I grant ya. We don't do Wimbledon style football though

7 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

The difference is that Devon White was actually effective. He played in the Premiership whereas Bas should have been playing on the Downs. Apparently you players couldn't believe he was actually a professional footballer when he first turned up for training. 

For some reason, people objected to my objection that Phillips was a good goalkeeper for us and that I rated him.

And the Stewart debate was kind of a strange offshoot in which I was perversely expected to be fully aware of the minutiae of his entire career.

As I have said before, post on the Independent forum, not the official one. Behave with courtesy and respect for others and I have no doubt you will be welcomed with open arms. However, be prepared to banter and don't dish it out if you can't take it. 

I think you’ll find you brought Marcus Stewart up as a stick to back up your Phillips/Johnson assertion.

You then stated he got promotion from league one with Yeovil.

No such thing occurred.

You then said you meant Exeter (in respect of promotion from league one)

No such thing occurred. 

Both of these assertions were to back up your thinking that Gary Johnson, a manager who achieved two promotions to the Championship (hint: more than any Rovers manager in living memory) was wrong to jettison Stewart and Steve Phillips. Despite achieving greater success without them than with them, and therefore being proven right in his decision.

Finding no favour in that argument, you’ve then moved onto “weren’t Bas Savage and Andy Smith shit”. Yes, they were. But they contributed more to the success of this club than Stewart, who you brought up. And getting promotion with such resources surely proves how good Johnson was.

I’m not sure what you’re arguing here. You’ve been pulled up on basic facts you’ve got wrong, and indicated somehow we should care that a player we released did well, despite the fact he never played against us after that point because we were at a higher level than him. It’s a pretty thin argument.

You’ve released Zain Westbrook this week. I’m assuming if he plays well at league two it’s one in the eye for Barton per your logic. Similarly, if Will Puddy thinks Darrell Clarke was a *****, I’m assuming you’ll think it’s a chapter worthy of discussion, despite Clarke taking you higher post his release.

In short, you’re a bit odd really aren’t you?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 5

So just to summarise then (and apologies if I've missed anything)....

1. Bristol City have had some shit players.

2. Marcus Stewart and Steve Phillips don't like Bristol City or indeed, Gary Johnson.

3. Bristol rovers have beaten Bristol City on a number of occasions, including a number of times during the 90's at twerton park

Is there anything else?

2 hours ago, Deluded Sag said:

Allow me to clarify for you. Let's try again. 

Johnson got rid of Stewart because he did not believe he could play at L1 and replaced him with Bas Savage, who became a cult hero for your fans, mainly because he was so sh*te. 

Stewart then played for both Yeovil and Exeter at L1 level to a high standard. I'm going to guess that he scored more goals than Bas Savage in either period. 

Any objections to this? 

**** me sideways, you don't half talk some shit don't you!? 

Nobody, and I mean nobody (and I include Bas Savage in this) has ever, EVER, thought that Savage was a replacement for Stewart. 

Savage was a punt that went wrong, and should never have been anywhere near a professional football club, as he couldn't hit a barn door from 2 yards, and couldn't do much with a ball at his feet. He had the feel of someone who had won a competition to get a contract. Mind you, your lot have had a load more of them over the years.

Stewart was a marquee signing that went wrong for many different reasons. He was coming away from his best years, and was in decline - hence why he ended up signing for us where we were at that time. He couldn't have tried harder to make it work, but it just didn't happen. Whichever idiot said he wasn't good enough for us, certainly did you a favour all those years ago.

What's your next move then saggy?

Edited by Taz
Browser issues.

5 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Of course. And he then went on to establish himself as a regular goalscorer in the Conference and L2. Barton even enquired about buying him after we were relegated to L2. Thankfully he didn't, as Akinde is a very limited striker and we now have Aaron Collins and Josh Coburn instead. 

Its strange that people are struggling to acknowledge that Bas Savage was very s*ite and worse than Marcus Stewart. 

Don't think any one care's .

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Of course. And he then went on to establish himself as a regular goalscorer in the Conference and L2. Barton even enquired about buying him after we were relegated to L2. Thankfully he didn't, as Akinde is a very limited striker and we now have Aaron Collins and Josh Coburn instead. 

Its strange that people are struggling to acknowledge that Bas Savage was very s*ite and worse than Marcus Stewart. 

Are you still mumbling about subjects that nobody is interested in?..

You’d put a cocaine addict to sleep

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Loïs said:

So just to summarise then (and apologies if I've missed anything)....

1. Bristol City have had some shit players.

2. Marcus Stewart and Steve Phillips don't like Bristol City or indeed, Gary Johnson.

3. Bristol rovers have beaten Bristol City on a number of occasions, including a number of times during the 90's at twerton park

Is there anything else?

I think that’s pretty much it although we’re not certain about Stewart’s thoughts on our club? The fact he doesn’t have much time for Gary Johnson is hardly news to anyone so **** knows why this bizarre Saghead is bringing it up.

Didnt we have a ‘Boring Sag’ on here once? 

This bloke is either him, Steve Phillips or both

11 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Why are you even here? Zero ***** given

The reality is : You have a stadium built by ASDA George section, an owner with a nice watch but has spent **** all on da Roverzzz and wants out. Add to that you have a manager who flirts with jail time every other year and a diminishing fan base. Year on year your attendances trend downwards. Your club is irrelevant and you know it. Being 8th in League 1 is your peak (and you know it).

Go shave your head and **** off

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Deluded Sag said:

On reflection, it appears I got Yeovil mixed up with Exeter....easy mistake to make. The essential point still applies - Stewart played to a high level in L1 with both clubs after leaving C*ty, despite some of your fans believing he was finished. Playing Bas Savage ahead of him was actually a calculated insult on the part of Johnson. 

I can't speak for Stewart, but I'm sure he has more far important things to do than harbour grudges against Gary Johnson, especially with his recent MND diagnosis. 

I'm not sure about Phillips though - his dislike of both Johnson and your club seemed visceral. 

He played in a lower league.  For four years. Then retired, having played 11 games, mainly as a sub, in that last season.  In L1 he played for Yeovil in the season they finished 18th and Exter City were a L2 club when he joined them, two years after being released by us.  Got 4 goals in his last three seasons with Exeter. Hardly a meteoric career. 

I wish the guy every good wish now and hope his health holds as long as possible.  But your championing him as some sort of superstar in his 30s, who Gary Johnson got rid of because of a personality clash is utter and total cobblers. You're making yourself look (more) stupid. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Its disappointing that we are in the 21st century and that people still think it is acceptable to use terms such as 'weird' or 'odd' to dismiss those they disagree with. Or to make pathetic jokes about unemployment, knowing nothing about how this may or may not have affected the person they are speaking to. I would like to think everybody can do better than this. 

“However, be prepared to banter and don’t dish it out if you can’t take it”

Definition of odd: “strange or unexpected”

(https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/odd)

You’re a Rovers fan discussing minor figures in City’s history on a Bristol City forum. That, by any definition, is strange or unexpected. Therefore, by the Cambridge English Dictionary it is indeed acceptable to refer to you as odd. Indeed, said dictionary says an acceptable use of odd is “Her father was an odd man”. 

If the Cambridge English Dictionary causes you to trigger, the internet may not be the place for you. Or as was once said;

“However, be prepared to banter and don’t dish it out if you can’t take it”

Edit: I note you’ve said to @Red-Robbo that “It is at the very least odd to replace a striker of Stewart's standing with a player who would look more at home on the Downs.” I assume therefore an apology will be forthcoming.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

That's actually a counterfactual assertion, as you don't know that Johnson wouldn't have been equally successful had Phillips and Stewart featured in the side. Perhaps you can claim it is unlikely, but you cannot claim with certainty that the club would not have been any more successful had Johnson taken a different decision.

“Great news Guv, we’ve caught the man who killed 33 people last week”

”The streets will be more safe tonight”

”Well it’s likely that they will be but we can’t state that with certainty”

”He’s a mass murderer and detrimental to society”

”Yeah but some bloke on the internet says we can’t say it with 100% certainty despite all evidence so we we must acquiesce”

”He’s got us there. What a guy.”