IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

I'm sorry, given Stewart's standing at the time (having helped Sunderland to the PL the season before) and the fact that Bas Savage was viewed as a preferable option, it is very difficult to believe that the decision was made on a purely football basis. Looking from outside, you would have at least reasonable grounds for presuming that something else had influenced this decision. 

It is at the very least odd to replace a striker of Stewart's standing with a player who would look more at home on the Downs. 

And weren't you once a very vocal critic of Gary Johnson? Have you since had a Damascene conversion? 

I doubt Gary Johnson regrets the decision to part with Stewart, given we were promoted the following season and reached the playoffs the following season. 

Now off you **** you weirdo. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Deluded Sag said:

Yes, he was awful. 

You forgot to include that game against Yeovil where he fell over his own feet. 

According to Wikipedia, he scored one in 23 games for you. 

Brighton and Hove Albion was the only time in his career that he achieved vaguely acceptable stats. Nine in 36 (same source). 

How did the prolific Tom Nichols do for you?

Wasn't he up there with you paying close to a club record fee for him too? 

According to Wikipedia he scored a whopping 4 goals in 94 games for your lot - isn't that the same sort of stats as good old Bas.

3 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Only a person of extremely limited intelligence would use that word. That says far more about you than the person you are saying it to. 

If you say so chief. Why don’t you **** off back to your own forum with the other oddballs and have a group tug over your thug of a manager. You can all celebrate his record of assaulting his wife and a 15 year old boy. 

Whilst criticising Gary Johnson of course. 

W anchor. 

• Haha 3

Marcus Stewart grew up in Hartcliffe as a City fan. Fact

It never really worked out for him at Ashton Gate which disappointed him and us. Fact

Steve Philips saved the penalty which eventually got you relegated.  Fact

No go away a throw darts at your Baz Savage poster.

MTG FTG 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

I'm sure you are aware there is a difference between the dictionary definition and what the word means in a social context. The meaning of words used in a social context change and, as a result, they become less acceptable or are even viewed as unacceptable. Contrast the 70s with today and you will see this. 

And I would presume, or at least hope, that most people would recognise that it is not acceptable to imply that unemployment is a personal failing. Even people of limited intelligence can grasp this. 

I’m not sure why you keep replying to me about unemployment.

However, in respect of the first point I’m as much of a hand wringing do gooding leftie as anyone (my description of myself) and even I have never heard anyone state describing someone who had behaved in an odd manner (which your actions have been by definition as given) as odd is now socially, morally or politically unacceptable.

What is more likely is you’ve lost every argument and are now falling back on “mum, they’re abusing me”. It’s a bit sad is all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

He actually assisted quite a few goals and his contribution was recognised by Clarke-Harris.

Unlike also had a reasonable scoring record with Exeter and then Peterborough, certainly better than Bas. 

He was also a much better all-round footballer than Bas. 

Things didn't work out for him for Rovers but, like Westbrooke, he might find more joy at a different club and in a different role. 

Well done, but you quoted a strikers goal stats so I did the same, now you move the goalposts to "but, but, but........"

Nice that you acknowledge that it never worked out for him at Rovers, along with some other player, but when anyone says the same about Stewart here with the same reasoning then it's all Johnsons fault... 

Sitting in the heavy heights of…..11th, now that they haven’t played about 10 games more than everyone else. They’ll probably be 10 points off 6th with worse GD once all teams have played the same amount. 

But that won’t fit the narrative for Joeys followers and the North Korean coverage on the post 

50 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

I actually said that I thought both Stewart and Phillips were poorly treated by Johnson. And it was actually Stewart who questioned the selection of Bas Savage ahead of him and suggested it was insulting to him.

That's actually a counterfactual assertion, as you don't know that Johnson wouldn't have been equally successful had Phillips and Stewart featured in the side. Perhaps you can claim it is unlikely, but you cannot claim with certainty that the club would not have been any more successful had Johnson taken a different decision.

I hope Zain Westbrook does play well at L2. He has been desperately disappointing at Rovers but there is a player in there and, given time and the right system, he might realise his potential. Him succeeding at L2 would clearly not be one in the eye for Barton as Rovers are a League One club. Again, for your benefit, City were a L1 side and Stewart went on to play to a relatively high standard for L1 clubs. 

Its disappointing that we are in the 21st century and that people still think it is acceptable to use terms such as 'weird' or 'odd' to dismiss those they disagree with. Or to make pathetic jokes about unemployment, knowing nothing about how this may or may not have affected the person they are speaking to. I would like to think everybody can do better than this. 

No, that's about it!

What's your view on Joey as your manager? Surely must be some conflict with you having such a morale high ground.

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Did your parents not teach you that it isn't okay to use words like that? If not, they failed you. Take it up with them, not me. 

Unfortunately my Mother is no longer with us to take it up with her. 

My Father wouldn’t give a shit. He hates gAssholes as much as I do. 

Bas Savage may have been shit but he wasn’t part of a rag bag Bristol team getting knocked out in the first round of the non league cup at home to Bath City. 

Keep firing those shots dick head there’s plenty of ammo to come back with. 

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

I'm sorry, given Stewart's standing at the time (having helped Sunderland to the PL the season before) and the fact that Bas Savage was viewed as a preferable option, it is very difficult to believe that the decision was made on a purely football basis. Looking from outside, you would have at least reasonable grounds for presuming that something else had influenced this decision. 

It is at the very least odd to replace a striker of Stewart's standing with a player who would look more at home on the Downs. 

And weren't you once a very vocal critic of Gary Johnson? Have you since had a Damascene conversion? 

Who gives a shit really, it was years ago!  Marcus was great for Rovers, fair do's, he went on to bigger things and did well before ending up back at City where it didn't work out, so what?  Why do you care so much?  GJ didn't like him, who cares?  Such tedium!

• Like 2

It is obvious what is going on with this thread - up until recently we have been having a great laugh at everything that is Rovers.

Along comes someone talking nonsense about something irrelevant from 20 years ago, they go on and on about it, drag in a lot of attention. We then forget about all the chaos north of the river.

It is classic distraction technique!

I think we need to get back to having a good laugh about them. Plenty of material to work with ?.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Deluded Sag said:

As we have seen on repeated occasions, Johnson is more than capable of speaking for himself. 

Both Phillips and Stewart spoke publicly about falling out with Johnson. One of the reasons that Johnson took against Stewart was because the former Rovers tailsman stood up for Phillips. 

This is still more prolific than Bas Savage. In your promotion season from L1 you also had a non-scoring striker (Smith?).  Even in the twilight of his career (and the season, he had helped Sunderland achieve promotion from the championship), Stewart was immeasurably better than both. 

Stewart  wasn't playing as an out-and-out striker at both clubs. More of a deep-lying role. He was very influential for both clubs - speak to fans of both clubs and they will tell you this. 

All pretty old stuff & long in the past but you seem to love reminiscing about City. Quite strange really.

43 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

He actually assisted quite a few goals and his contribution was recognised by Clarke-Harris.

Unlike also had a reasonable scoring record with Exeter and then Peterborough, certainly better than Bas. 

He was also a much better all-round footballer than Bas. 

Things didn't work out for him for Rovers but, like Westbrooke, he might find more joy at a different club and in a different role. 

Who’s Unlike and who did he play for, or are you just making shit up again?

I feel like I’m having a fever dream reading this thread.  Don’t think I’ve even thought about Steve Phillips in 20 years!  Did any other reserve goalkeepers from the 90s or 80s dislike one of the coaches a bit after they left?  If Andy Leaning is a little cross with Russell Osman then maybe I should have a serious rethink about everything I thought was true - maybe the gas are in the Championship with average 20k home crowds, record transfer fees of millions of pounds with a state of the art training ground and a category 2 academy.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Where were Rovers last season before they surged to 3rd? 

You should be keeping an eye on Huddersfield's and Blackpool's games in hand, as it could leave you only four points above the drop zone. With your poor home form at the library, this has to be a concern. 

You've been relying on teams below you being more s*it than you are for too many seasons and eventually this will catch up with you.

You still hanging around like a veggie's fart? Why don't you just **** off, *** !

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

You should be keeping an eye on Huddersfield's and Blackpool's games in hand, as it could leave you only four points above the drop zone. With your poor home form at the library, this has to be a concern. 

You've been relying on teams below you being more s*it than you are for too many seasons and eventually this will catch up with you.

Thanks Dad

27 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Now now, you shouldn't use naughty words.

No prizes for guessing your username on the saggy forum. 

Do try harder if you are going to troll, bringing shame to the game. 

52 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

I’ve never understood this “you’ve been relying on teams below you being more shit” line these divs come out with all the time? Using Gaslogic Rovers are only in 11th because all the teams below you are ‘more shit’ right now.

At what point in the table is that supposed to change? 

Dont worry about the Championship, you haven’t been in it for 30 years.

Calls Ashton Gate a ‘Library’….at least we don’t have to pipe crowd noise through the PA to create an atmosphere ?

F64FCEB9-DC0F-448D-83C5-8AE0154A950E.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 1

This thread has really nosedived, with the ramblings of this simpleton (yes I used a naughty word, go and cry to your carer)

Let’s get it back on track with what we’re really here for….Relentless piss taking of our laughably inferior blue neighbors.  I’ll start. 

38B82541-101E-4347-934C-F074E4A30D35.jpeg

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I think that’s pretty much it although we’re not certain about Stewart’s thoughts on our club? The fact he doesn’t have much time for Gary Johnson is hardly news to anyone so **** knows why this bizarre Saghead is bringing it up.

Didnt we have a ‘Boring Sag’ on here once? 

This bloke is either him, Steve Phillips or both

Definitely Steve ?

5 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

This thread has really nosedived, with the ramblings of this simpleton (yes I used a naughty word, go and cry to your carer)

Let’s get it back on track with what we’re really here for….Relentless piss taking of our laughably inferior blue neighbors.  I’ll start. 

38B82541-101E-4347-934C-F074E4A30D35.jpeg

Can you please return that chair to the Disabled section please, some poor chap needs to sit down 

9D334BD3-7BA2-44D9-8407-FD0222DA1BB9.jpeg

11 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Didnt we have a ‘Boring Sag’ on here once? 

We certainly did, and by Christ he was ! ?

I think I saw a couple of posts from Boring Sag a few weeks ago, so it appears that our new addition is not him ?

If Boring Sag is reading this, perhaps he could return, and we can have a "Sag Off", to find the worst poster ?

Then again, perhaps not, I would rather move to Swindon.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

I still wonder why our deluded friend is so fixated on such a specific period in the history of our two clubs? It surely can't be deflection from the subsequent and current situation? 

Perhaps a focus on the 70s would be equally interesting for him?

It must be Steve Phillips

• Like 1