IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Apparently it's only the PFA stopping him from making the players reimburse their fans for the cost of travel etc. Then he likened them to rogue traders, I mean I am sure that no matter how badly they performed, that the players were still trying for him, weren't they? 

If they are ‘one big team’ and so tight knit - why doesn’t Barton refund the fans? Seeing as he loves em so much….absolutely nothing stopping him. 

• Haha 2

What was it Joey said earlier in the season? “Steve Cotterill and his cowboys”? “Derek Adams and his 5-3-1-1 crew”. Well the cowboys are above you in the league Joey on their small crowds and paltry budget and the 5-3-1-1 crew smashed you to smithereens lad scoring a months worth of goals in an hour and a half………

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just watched the highlights for a laugh, 2 observations;

That keeper (making his debut on loan) is an absolute bomb scare, WTF is he doing for the first? Could have done far better for a couple of the others as well.

Absolutely no idea why they were awarded a penalty, joke decision.

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Barton’s RB presser was gas lighting at its very very finest. The same players are conceding the same goals….because of your coaching pal. Maybe look in the mirror.

‘We need 4 or 5 for promotion’ - he knows full well they won’t sign tbat many. Aka, I can get an entire new half team on top of my already bloated loanee squad promoted. But it won’t happen, so I can’t. Even though they’re already about 9 points adrift after playing more games and have horrific GD.

And the sags will nod along and agree with him like the messiah he is. 

Absolutely brilliant. Never want it to end honestly. It’s like a soap. 

He’s setting up Al Fraudy to fail with his wittering about needing 5 more players. 

You hear about managers trying to propitiate an “everyone Vs us” mindset, but Joey B seems to be propagating an “everyone Vs me and my little band of hangers on” which can only end in tears (or jail time). 

30 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Just watched the highlights for a laugh, 2 observations;

That keeper (making his debut on loan) is an absolute bomb scare, WTF is he doing for the first? Could have done far better for a couple of the others as well.

Absolutely no idea why they were awarded a penalty, joke decision.

that keeper wasnt lois diony having another crack at english football by any chance was it?  whoever it is,he obviously isnt happy being loaned to that shower of shite

2 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

that keeper wasnt lois diony having another crack at english football by any chance was it?  whoever it is,he obviously isnt happy being loaned to that shower of shite

Might have been Steve Phillips… ? 

• Haha 2

Eric Morecambe was a fervent football fan, becoming a director of Luton Town Football Club, where a Lounge is still named after him. He said of Luton Town, "We do a lap of honour when we get a corner."

Getting a corner? Lounges? These big clubs just show off against the Gash.

• Like 1

On what planet do they have any chance of promotion

They need to win almost every game to reach the same extrapolated points as 6th place, they've just been smashed by a club who were in the relegation zone and have lost more than they've won.

Midtable fodder as is always their best hope in that league

• Like 1

Their fans don't have the metal capacity to ask basic questions. The Barton foundations are built on sand i.e. loan after loan. You can only pick five loanees at a time. Is he really going to bring in five or six players on the fees required to guarantee winning two thirds plus of their remaining games which is what is needed to challenge the top 6 (they haven't even paid a Tilson since they bought A Tilson 30 years ago) or are they looking at more loans meaning he will leave them in a situation where half of the players he's brought in cannot even be selected from week to week? The only thing that Wael has actually bought and paid for are half a dozen of Joseph's scouse mates on decent wedge to join the backroom staff......literally run like a bog standard Toolstation outfit where a Manager gets the job and immediately brings their mates in.

• Haha 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Their fans don't have the metal capacity to ask basic questions. The Barton foundations are built on sand i.e. loan after loan. You can only pick five loanees at a time. Is he really going to bring in five or six players on the fees required to guarantee winning two thirds plus of their remaining games which is what is needed to challenge the top 6 (they haven't even paid a Tilson since they bought A Tilson 30 years ago) or are they looking at more loans meaning he will leave them in a situation where half of the players he's brought in cannot even be selected from week to week? The only thing that Wael has actually bought and paid for are half a dozen of Joseph's scouse mates on decent wedge to join the backroom staff......literally run like a bog standard Toolstation outfit where a Manager gets the job and immediately brings their mates in.

In fairness to them, they lack the basic critical reasoning to see beyond magic beans….

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Judging by their latest defeats, it has been officially confirmed.

The Loan-atics have taken over the Asylum.

And apparently Joseph Barton Esq is now thinking about exceeding the loan limit.

He must be mad.

I can understand having six on loan when you are allowed five in, if that's the way your club have decided to go, but after that you are just pissing money up against the wall and literally stockpiling the training ground with other teams players (not to mention numerous Coaches and other backroom staff with a scouse accent). When you ask the average Fewer to explain how stacking your squad with other teams players is "building something special" and an example of the "special club Ethos that everyone associated with the club buys into" you just get a load of incomprehensible drivel literally spat (don't forget to duck) in your direction and a bottle of moonshine lobbed at you.

12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I can understand having six on loan when you are allowed five in, if that's the way your club have decided to go, but after that you are just pissing money up against the wall and literally stockpiling the training ground with other teams players (not to mention numerous Coaches and other backroom staff with a scouse accent). When you ask the average Fewer to explain how stacking your squad with other teams players is "building something special" and an example of the "special club Ethos that everyone associated with the club buys into" you just get a load of incomprehensible drivel literally spat (don't forget to duck) in your direction and a bottle of moonshine lobbed at you.

Plymouth have been playing 5 players loaned from higher league clubs this season, a lot of clubs in League One and Two have a similar number of loanees, apart from Ipswich.

This quote from the Plymouth manager explains very clearly why clubs do it:- Schumacher said: "I think it's important we do try and use the loan market. Sometimes it's not possible to bring in the players you want to bring in permanently because we haven't got the spending power the same as the other teams in this division.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Plymouth have been playing 5 players loaned from higher league clubs this season, a lot of clubs in League One and Two have a similar number of loanees, apart from Ipswich.

This quote from the Plymouth manager explains very clearly why clubs do it:- Schumacher said: "I think it's important we do try and use the loan market. Sometimes it's not possible to bring in the players you want to bring in permanently because we haven't got the spending power the same as the other teams in this division.

The alternative is to build a side predominantly of your own players supplemented by the odd loanee that steamrollers the division and also wins the Michael Mouse Cup for good measure.......I'm sure somebody did that about ten or so years ago..........managed by a "Dinosaur" (that's how some Scouse Manager yet to achieve anything approaching that described him a few weeks back).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1