IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Rather strange then that Newcastle, Liverpool, Everton, Stoke, and Cardiff have been happy to entrust some of their talented young players to be developed under JB. ?

The post was about local players and developing them, having them for years in most cases. Not loans from higher up the pyramid.

Just now, lenred said:

We’re talking about youth development not loans.   Not like a Gashead to change the subject though.  Also interesting that you seem to find the fact that your manager stubbed a cigar out on a kids face funny.   You must really be a believer. 

Where have I said that I found it funny.  You said that it was better for young players not to come to our club, I just pointed out that people with more knowledge of football than you or I, have entrusted young players to us - regardless of whether they are loans or not. 

Just now, In the Net said:

Where have I said that I found it funny.  You said that it was better for young players not to come to our club, I just pointed out that people with more knowledge of football than you or I, have entrusted young players to us - regardless of whether they are loans or not. 

You used the laugh emoji.  That’s generally used if you find something funny.   Difficult for a gashead to fathom though, evidently.  

1 hour ago, TheReds said:

I didn't realise you were only discussing the developing of our own players, Your comment said the following "Gold star for the club South of the river, who's enormous losses are bankrolled by their billionaire owner "

So you are only saying we have had our owner bankrolling the development of our own players, and nothing else whatsoever - and from this he has had enormous losses? The only "enormous losses" you mention is from the whole club as far as I am aware, but please do tell me something I obviously do not know?

If that's is the case then how much have we lost from this bankrolled project in developing our own players? 

Asking how much Wael has put in is just trying to show that he isn't making any profit, and what does he have to show for it. Our "enormous losses" against your losses, assets, infrastructure etc would maybe show that we are nowhere near as bad as what most Rovers fans want to think, and what the poor rosy face lady garden has squandered away. 

Most of your post seems to have nothing to do with anything I have asked or mentioned. But as you mention he has never said he was a Billionaire etc, and everything seems to be the BPs faults, didn't he quite happily said he could have bought most of the Premier League clubs when interviewed and he was asked why he chose your mob?

I'm not aware that he said he could have bought most of the premier league clubs - happy to be proved wrong.  As for the BP, can you honestly imagine Peter Godsiff or Robin Perry having to resort to writing an article about somebody's watch?  

1 minute ago, In the Net said:

Do you not get the point?  We are taking about developing your own youth players not loans.  Jesus wept.  

1 hour ago, NcnsBcfc said:

All fair points @In the Net.

I think for me though, the Fruit market potential stadium saga would set alarm bells ringing if i was a Rover's fan.

At present, you have the stadium, and adjourning land in Horfield which is worth no doubt a considerable amount.

If i've read the proposal correctly. You will give all of these assets to the Fruit Market developer, who will build you a stadium, and then charge you rent to play there? The maths don't add up for me. 

Lansdown has obviously got planning permission for an area of land to build homes on, and part of this money will go towards the Sportong Quarter development. It was the same principle behind the failed AV stadium (thank you Bristol City Council ?)

I don't get why your club doesn't develop the Horfield site yourself, and then build your own stadium, whether at the Fruit Market or elsewhere?

It's akin to having a paid off 500k house,  and giving it away to a landlord. Who then builds you a 250k house, and charges you rent to live there.

Smacks of the Eastville scenario all over again, and where other clubs (Coventry being a good recent example) have fallen foul of 3rd party ownership of their stadium.

Why isn't Wael looking to do this new stadium himself, do you think?

Ah, there is unblinkered lifeform on here after all. ?

Personally, I don't think the Fruit Market will happen.  I would go for developing the Mem, not sure why they say it isn't viable, as we don't need a huge stadium.  The scheme that Dunford had, before the bottom fell out of the property market/student flats, looked doable, and something similar could be revived.

I believe that Wael has somebody sounding out other people regarding investment, not sure that will happen either.

8 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Ah, would that be the same Exeter who currently have 5 loan players in their squad, the same as us?

One being an emergency 7 day loan GK, the other being one who was in their academy originally with an enormous association with the club. 5 of their main 11 all coming through the academy. Top Straw grasping there. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

Do you not get the point?  We are taking about developing your own youth players not loans.  Jesus wept.  

Yes, and I am pointing out that the vast majority of League One and Two clubs have the same amount of loans as us - and operate on the same model.  Some clubs get a good spell where they develop a number of local players, but I think the days of a conveyor belt, such as Crewe had in the past no longer exist.  I think you have to take both points in tandem, as the way the game operates has changed these days. 

Do you get my point?

12 minutes ago, In the Net said:

You're not really telling me anything new, that's how football is these days.  Lansdown is one of the more generous owners I believe. 

Then why try and use it as a point against us? It’s incredibly standard practice for Championship clubs. Waters wet blabla.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lenred said:

You used the laugh emoji.  That’s generally used if you find something funny.   Difficult for a gashead to fathom though, evidently.  

? Doesn't look like a laugh emoji to me.  ?

2 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Then why try and use it as a point against us? It’s incredibly standard practice for Championship clubs. Waters wet blabla.

I wasn't a point against you, it is a fact. 

1 minute ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

It is a fact, but its also a fact for every other club in our league, so it's obsolete.

The discussion was about the difference between City and Rovers, funding etc.  Finances in the Premiership and Championship are very different to Leagues One and Two, you only have to look at players' wages to see that. 

35 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Ah, would that be the same Exeter who currently have 5 loan players in their squad, the same as us?

Just joining the thread. I take your word re the 5 loan players. 
But Exeter’s academy is something special, and has been for the last two decades. They have at least 5 playing in the first team that have come through the club. If you add in the talent that they have sold, it’s an academy to be very proud of. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Ah, there is unblinkered lifeform on here after all. ?

Personally, I don't think the Fruit Market will happen.  I would go for developing the Mem, not sure why they say it isn't viable, as we don't need a huge stadium.  The scheme that Dunford had, before the bottom fell out of the property market/student flats, looked doable, and something similar could be revived.

I believe that Wael has somebody sounding out other people regarding investment, not sure that will happen either.

15,000 seats for you max, I reckon. Then at least we will get a decent allocation again like back in the Beastvile days if you ever get good enough to play us again.

As an outsider looking in I think Wael is actually a simple soul with not much of a head for business, that's why the rest of the family were happy to leave him to it after daddy died. Once it was a case of wasting his own money instead of the family's, they didn't care anymore. JB and his cronies seem to be riding the gravy train, sucking up to the man with the money until it runs out, setting lots of ambitious targets that will never be met, and ones that they can blame on a lack of finances when they fail.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, TheReds said:

didn't he quite happily said he could have bought most of the Premier League clubs when interviewed and he was asked why he chose your mob?

I don’t think HE said it, I seem to remember Garth Crooks interviewing him on Football Focus and making a point of how supposedly wealthy the family are before asking why he bought Rovers and not US?

It was the gormless workies at Bristol Live and the gormless fans in their tents at the Mem who came up with this “6th richest owner” in the country bollocks, once again inviting tonnes of ridicule when it became apparent that he was worth no where near what they were suggesting.

His watch isn’t even that great. 

51 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I don’t think HE said it, I seem to remember Garth Crooks interviewing him on Football Focus and making a point of how supposedly wealthy the family are before asking why he bought Rovers and not US?

It was the gormless workies at Bristol Live and the gormless fans in their tents at the Mem who came up with this “6th richest owner” in the country bollocks, once again inviting tonnes of ridicule when it became apparent that he was worth no where near what they were suggesting.

I bumped into a Gashead mate in a petrol station just after the fake sheik had just bought the club ,may of been the same day I can quite crearly remember him telling me that they were one of the riches teams in europe 

Edited by Jim Davey
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

didnt we establish that his watch was 5 quid off the looky looky man?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

From what I can remember I am sure the interviewer asked Al Quidi "why buy Bristol Rovers when you could have bought any club in the Prem" (following the billionaire myth), and he replied "not all of them" and then laughed, as if to say he could have bought most of them. I wouldn't be surprised if the video is on this thread. 

• Thanks 1

I recall reading that one of the club's staff had googled WAQ on day 1 and declared that he had 'more money than God', or somesuch fantasy. Which was instantly accepted as true by the Few, despite absolutely no evidence to back up the claim, and it quickly became obvious to the rest of us that the hapless chap had mistaken client assets under management for personal wealth. 

Yet oddly, the local media and the Rovers fans continued to believe and perpetuate the myth for months, in spite of the obvious truth. Which was quite funny.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TheReds said:

From what I can remember I am sure the interviewer asked Al Quidi "why buy Bristol Rovers when you could have bought any club in the Prem" (following the billionaire myth), and he replied "not all of them" and then laughed, as if to say he could have bought most of them. I wouldn't be surprised if the video is on this thread. 

Actually that does ring a bell, I think you’re right. Crooks also definitely asked him why buy Rovers and not City in a joking, not joking, sort of way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

I recall reading that one of the club's staff had googled WAQ on day 1 and declared that he had 'more money than God', or somesuch fantasy. Which was instantly accepted as true by the Few, despite absolutely no evidence to back up the claim, and it quickly became obvious to the rest of us that the hapless chap had mistaken client assets under management for personal wealth. 

Yet oddly, the local media and the Rovers fans continued to believe and perpetuate the myth for months, in spite of the obvious truth. Which was quite funny.

I remember them all posting this in the weeks after he took over ?

Hahaha bell ends! They don’t help themselves do they? ?

633723B4-F1B5-4CC7-A5B5-B48D616F1105.jpeg.b202dc83791ad8364de46276ea22a6c8.jpeg

• Haha 11

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

As an outsider looking in I think Wael is actually a simple soul with not much of a head for business, that's why the rest of the family were happy to leave him to it after daddy died. Once it was a case of wasting his own money instead of the family's, they didn't care anymore. JB and his cronies seem to be riding the gravy train, sucking up to the man with the money until it runs out, setting lots of ambitious targets that will never be met, and ones that they can blame on a lack of finances when they fail.

You are correct on Wael being a simple soul and not great with money. That's why he does not have any personal fortune invested in Rovers.

This is all still family money which is being spent on the club. It's the brother that controls the purse strings (Hani?) 

The word is that Hani has had enough of the money being spent on Rovers, hence the search for other investment / club technically being for sale. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2