IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Bet their forum is positively seething right now. Spanked at Morecambe, then have to see the ‘gert teds/82ers/whatever nickname they create for us’ drawing Man City in the cup.

The absolute mental gymnastics their puny minds must be going through to justify their worldview that somehow, some way, they’re the bigger club ? 

Edited by Basil Fawlty

30 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Whilst we entertain Man City, they will be preparing for a trip to Forest Green. #mindthegap

Most of them will be at home watching us on TV hoping we get royally ****** over.

They will then use that as some sort of stick to beat us with despite them never getting within a hundred miles of playing someone like Man City.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Basil Fawlty said:

Bet their forum is positively seething right now. Spanked at Morecambe, then have to see the ‘gert teds/82ers/whatever nickname they create for us’ drawing Man City in the cup.

The absolute mental gymnastics their puny minds must be going through to justify their worldview that somehow, some way, they’re the bigger club ? 

They seem to be pretending they haven't noticed at the moment, too busy trying to guess the attendance for the visit of the mighty MK Dons. They are so obsessed with attendances they have created a league table for those with the best guesses. Bizarre.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

That's bizarre, I don't have any recollection of that. 966 objections and the council waived it through, yet 27 people wanting a village green stopped us dead in our tracks.

Surely there isn't the footprint at that site for an 18000 seater with carparking etc?

They need at least 30,000 capacity for when they get to the PL, hell probably nearer 40,000 given they took that many to Wembley in that famous game where no Grimsby Town supporters turned up at all :)

• Haha 7

On 28/01/2023 at 19:38, Open End Numb Legs said:

Hi, I use that name because as a child I used to watch in the 70s sat on a stanchion and that is one of my memories, getting numb legs. Are you saying that causes offence? That is obviously not the intention. I will think of something different if needed.

You were lucky.

I used to stand on that white dwarf wall, clinging on to the metal fence and ducking every time Terry Bush shot just past the post in the warm up.

I’m sure that if he had ever actually hit me - and he was close on a number of occasions - I wouldn’t be here to tell the tale.

Mind you, I did get a close up view of Frank Worthington juggling and showing off all his tricks when he was warming up with Huddersfield.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Most of them will be at home watching us on TV hoping we get royally ****** over.

They will then use that as some sort of stick to beat us with despite them never getting within a hundred miles of playing someone like Man City.

And the fact the scabby little c***s got turned over in this very competition by the mighty Boreham Wood. Gas w*nkers.

• Haha 1
  • Robin 1

5 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Oh no that Gashead will be on the Man City forum again.

“This was a massive game for them. Massive. When we played Plymouth away in the Papa John’s Trophy we took 65 and we could’ve sold far, far more if it wasn’t for the boycott and Plymouth was closed for a half day, or something. I don’t mean to sound bitter but I just am.”

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Is @Deluded Sagstill smarting from that obliteration Morecambe dished out? It’s not like a Fewer to go missing after giving it loads of chirp and then watching his team (from the comfort of his pavement) get put back in their place……..:

If it was Phillips posting as suggested by some then it didn't help that the gas keeper had a bit of a 'mare'.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Is @Deluded Sagstill smarting from that obliteration Morecambe dished out? It’s not like a Fewer to go missing after giving it loads of chirp and then watching his team (from the comfort of his pavement) get put back in their place……..:

Don’t disagree with you at all but his silence coincided with him being sussed as Flapper a couple of days before Morecombe gave Joey five ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Aaron Collins posting cryptic messages on instagram got all the belters up in arms 

Lets sign him just for shits and giggles 

What? And have another decade of "that lady garden only bought 'im to stop us getting promoted, just like the snake" etc etc.....

1 hour ago, GreedyHarry said:

But surely Where’s Wally has a gentleman’s agreement with Steve Lansdown to prevent that from ever happening again.

**** it, let’s do it?

What's Lansdown getting in return for that? 

Hardly like they could bid for any of our first team, is it?

20 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

As I said in my earlier post, I can't believe it was given planning permission with so many objections, I wouldn't mind betting that if this were raised again the objections would double.

Not with the rovers supporting Mayor in office 

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

I can't believe I witnessed this either, but if I have to so do you.

Imagine being next to him for 90 minutes. 

He’d be on his way to hospital well before half time

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

? thought he was going to cry after the fifth went in 

MTG 

He was out in public so had to stroke his head instead ?

• Like 1