IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Screenshot_20230201_025424_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9d5b89b8c1b12c58d730de73e24bd654.jpg

Kids look embarrassed.

"Dad we don't care that you're covering the walls with wrapping paper, just take that stupid thing off your head, all the kids at school will laugh at us tomorrow!"

Edited by Taz
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Great news Timm 

8A90F5CF-3F05-464B-B465-E0E2B8AC9F5E.jpeg

The reply to this was brilliant, honestly where do they get this shit from? ?

Klose will be way out of our league wage-wise, rumoured to have been on £20k a week at C*ty and has a young family still living in Switzerland so no chance whatsoever

29 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Klose will be way out of our league wage-wise, rumoured to have been on £20k a week at C*ty and has a young family still living in Switzerland so no chance whatsoever

He wasn't on £20k and his family have been living here for a few months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

They believe rumours more than the truth…

It’s what they do

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

We jumped the gun here.

Theyve signed a 25 year old CB from Stockport, who would only give him six month deals as they thought he was a bit ropey.

#comingforus 

This one is particularly random, even for them.

I had never heard of him, so looked him up, he’s only started 6 games this season for Stockport, a mid table L2 team.

He’s not even a Scouser or ex Fleetwood, either.

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

They’re so confused it’s unreal.

One minute they’re mocking us by saying Lansdown only spends his money on the Rugby then the next they’re saying that players like Klose are out of their league because we’re paying them £20K a week ?

Make your mind up you ******* idiots.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

23 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I had never heard of him, so looked him up, he’s only started 6 games this season for Stockport, a mid table L2 team.

Another club in the bag for them.

When Ashton is found out at Ipswich he can go to Rovers as they love making pointless signings only to either not play them or have their delightful manager slag them off.

22 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It smacks of pure desperation.

DumbBarton was spouting about needing 5 more players the other day then fast forward to 10pm on transfer deadline night when it becomes apparent that no one decent wants to join them and they just take a punt on anyone they can get their hands on. ?

Hilarious.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

What a mare being a professional footballer can be, just imagine this happening to you with just five minutes of the transfer window left…..

22:55 Lamare Bogarde [Aston Villa - Bristol Rovers] Loan

"Lamare, you're off to Bristol ?..... Rovers ?

Edited by southside
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Except they wouldn’t get a Rubik’s Cube, you just know Mummy and Daddy Gas would only shell out for the cheap and cheerful generic version - Bradshaw’s Snack Box or Blue Square Premier or summat. :)

more like the happy meals toys they collect when leaving kids at home to go to the swamp.

1 hour ago, southside said:

"Lamare, you're off to Bristol ?..... Rovers ?

i swear thats whats happened to their new gk after saturdays performance

On 29/01/2023 at 13:44, In the Net said:

Loanees usually have a large chunk of their wages paid for by the parent club.  As I said, I would prefer developing youth players, however, the majority of League One and Two clubs do rely on having half a dozen players from the loan market - that's the way the finances are managed these days.

Gold star for the club South of the river, who's enormous losses are bankrolled by their billionaire owner - you are not comparing like for like.

I thought your mob was the '6th Richest Club in the country'?

On 29/01/2023 at 19:25, Jim Davey said:

I bumped into a Gashead mate in a petrol station just after the fake sheik had just bought the club ,may of been the same day I can quite crearly remember him telling me that they were one of the riches teams in europe 

Followed by.....'Unlucky Da Shit'!

On 29/01/2023 at 21:46, Lewisdabaron said:

I do like the fact they werent even called Bristol Rovers back in 1883, and  were renamed Rovers AFTER we were called Bristol City- they hate to be reminded of that. 

No, they were called the ultimate non-PC name of 'Black Arabs'. Good to see that in 2023 their code of ethics is still totally shot to pieces!

On 30/01/2023 at 08:48, CiderJar said:

... and the first time was 1920 by which point we had won the second division title, finished runners up in the top division and been in an FA Cup final

.....ah, sorry to correct you, but according to 'Gaslogic' that club died in 1982 and all prior records were expunged and don't count for diddly squat.

17 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

What a mare being a professional footballer can be, just imagine this happening to you with just five minutes of the transfer window left…..

22:55 Lamare Bogarde [Aston Villa - Bristol Rovers] Loan

Being a professional athlete he might have gone to bed early then woken up to the news.

Not the best start to a day. Wonder what he did to deserve this.

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

It smacks of pure desperation.

DumbBarton was spouting about needing 5 more players the other day then fast forward to 10pm on transfer deadline night when it becomes apparent that no one decent wants to join them and they just take a punt on anyone they can get their hands on. ?

Hilarious.

Imagine being one of the 3 that he said can go, because he is fed up with them. No one has left since then, so you have to imagine they are just hanging around hoping something happens in the summer.

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Edited by Port Said Red

56 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

The look of a man who has just been sentenced to death.

Just imagine his face when he actually arrives and sees the Cremorial Stay-awaydium.

There'll be a-weeping, a Waeling, and a gnashing of teeth,

Ahh the pure joy of signing for the Gash

622CC4A4-748E-43A5-845F-5D3E550D781E.jpeg.53ae3bf20744f50be4900c52cafebf1d.jpeg

2F6FF89C-D44E-4369-8AFF-7E2FAC4046FC.jpeg

• Haha 17

2 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

I thought your mob was the '6th Richest Club in the country'?

Followed by.....'Unlucky Da Shit'!

No, they were called the ultimate non-PC name of 'Black Arabs'. Good to see that in 2023 their code of ethics is still totally shot to pieces!

.....ah, sorry to correct you, but according to 'Gaslogic' that club died in 1982 and all prior records were expunged and don't count for diddly squat.

And you want me to list all our achievements in those 40 odd years and compare them to the gaseous arabs?.... it's too easy.

29 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Perhaps they are going for the mean and moody look .Or just the moody wtf am I doing here look.I think I know which one is it bless em.Nice neck tats by the way army man.He looks fairly sinister and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s involved in some war crimes along the way.

Please worry Joey will throw you under the bus at your first mistake.

ftg

38 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Agents fault, told them they were going to Bristol, thought they were being taken to the HPC, instead dumped in a field and now they found out who they have signed for. Could have been worse, could have been a 3 year contract instead of 2

30 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

And you want me to list all our achievements in those 40 odd years and compare them to the gaseous arabs?.... it's too easy.

I made a handy chart previously to cover this. 

Two rows for us - One all time and the other post 1982
Either way we have a much less empty trophy cabinet
Bristol-Honours.thumb.jpg.e19826940f86e1a0bd0decd7b84eda0e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Agents fault, told them they were going to Bristol, thought they were being taken to the HPC, instead dumped in a field and now they found out who they have signed for. Could have been worse, could have been a 3 year contract instead of 2

The agent said they were going to Boca Juniors. Easy mistake to make, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Victory Park Reds said:

Perhaps they are going for the mean and moody look .Or just the moody wtf am I doing here look.I think I know which one is it bless em.Nice neck tats by the way army man.He looks fairly sinister and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s involved in some war crimes along the way.

Please worry Joey will throw you under the bus at your first mistake.

ftg

They're going for the moody and totally f***** off look ?