IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

24 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Basically 10 points off 6th after playing 2 games more now. I’m sure Bristol Live will continue their ‘play off push’ propaganda all week. 

100%.

Basically their season has ended tonight, the top six are now miles ahead of them & there are several other sides (one managed by a certain Steve Cotterill) that are also above them & in far better form.

Even that North Korean style reporter they have is going to have to face reality soon.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cityal said:

wasn't there some guy that was drawing these a while back?

Genuionely hope if it is an "official product" (i,e. sold in whatever portaloo they use for a shop now) that they licensed it

I have a photo somewhere….

Edited by RedLionLad

21 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Phillips? 

Is that Boycie from Fools and Horses 5th along, right next to Barack Obama...

**** sake don’t bring Steve Phillips up again, you’ll be getting him back on the forum after he got his ass handed to him last week.

As for it being Boycie, no. He’s not on a mug. But a Challis.

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ahh the pure joy of signing for the Gash

622CC4A4-748E-43A5-845F-5D3E550D781E.jpeg.53ae3bf20744f50be4900c52cafebf1d.jpeg

2F6FF89C-D44E-4369-8AFF-7E2FAC4046FC.jpeg

Can’t remember his bloody name now but isn’t the bloke in the second photo that player they binned off after only about 5 games because he gave their fans the wanchor sign when he was substituted & then he slagged the club off something awful on social media when he left?

Sure it was about his new team being a “proper club”?

These signings look like they’re taking place in a public park, don’t they?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

100%.

Basically their season has ended tonight, the top six are now miles ahead of them & there are several other sides (one managed by a certain Steve Cotterill) that are also above them & in far better form.

Even that North Korean style reporter they have is going to have to face reality soon.

I wouldn't write them off just yet as we now know they have an ethos. Or was it a thermos? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Can’t remember his bloody name now but isn’t the bloke in the second photo that player they binned off after only about 5 games because he gave their fans the wanchor sign when he was substituted & then he slagged the club off something awful on social media when he left?

Stefan Payne I believe.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Stefan Payne.

And yes, when the wonderfully loyal and patient Gas army who never ever slag off their own players (?) we’re getting on his back for the umpteenth time he supposedly showed them a hand gesture to let them know what he thought of them.

He did say something about joining a proper club when he signed for Tranmere which got them in another little rage ?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, CiderJar said:

And you want me to list all our achievements in those 40 odd years and compare them to the gaseous arabs?.... it's too easy.

17 hours ago, cityal said:

I made a handy chart previously to cover this. 

Two rows for us - One all time and the other post 1982
Either way we have a much less empty trophy cabinet
Bristol-Honours.thumb.jpg.e19826940f86e1a0bd0decd7b84eda0e.jpg

Their response...(Fingers in ears) "La la la la la....1990....Rickie Lambert....Sheeeeeeeeeed'ead!"

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

These must have been official merchandise 

8A3B0EB5-9D84-4BC5-80DE-68D028AA3DDC.jpeg

Surprised that Matty Taylor is still regarded as a legend, awful picture of him though!

Actually, I know that is a guy called Stuart Taylor who I only recognise because the first football match I ever attended was on a school trip to Eastville for his testimonial match vs Ipwsich, 2 days before my 10th birthday, thankfully I didn't catch anything and was a City fan within a short time period. All I really remember about that match was the cars parked on the hard shoulder of the M32 and people up there watching the match.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, myol'man said:

They've started a petition on AssChat to drop the new goalie after ONE game!

We need a counter petition to keep him. I thought he did very well obviously. Was very unlucky, bad defending in front of him etc etc.

Edit - it is a vote between 2 keepers. I would give them 30 minutes each, then leave the goal open for 30 and see which period of time concedes the most goals.

Edited by Open End Numb Legs
  • Haha 3

After years of providing endless gifts for us laugh our bollocks off at and being totally Tinpot in everything they do would it not be pertinent to rename this thread "Tinpot Bristol Rovers"?

One thing I have learned from Gasheads that I know is that they absolutely seethe whenever they are referred to as "Tinpot".

1982 has zero effect on us, but "Tinpot" definitely hits the spot with Saggies.

Being Tinpot IS 'what they do'.

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I just looked on asschat for the first time in a while and noted they have their own “General Chat” forum. Assuming it was like ours, I took a look.

Second thread is one of their number advertising his used car business.

Tinpot.

1DBA2C4D-CC02-4298-B791-ED8134B3AFB9.jpeg

Absolutely Tinpot!

Asking any retired tradesmen supporters if they could attempt to make improvements to Chernobyl for free rather than pay for it......

Tinpot

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I just looked on asschat for the first time in a while and noted they have their own “General Chat” forum. Assuming it was like ours, I took a look.

Second thread is one of their number advertising his used car business.

Tinpot.

1DBA2C4D-CC02-4298-B791-ED8134B3AFB9.jpeg

You don't realise how good ours is until you see that Forum. Truly dreadful.