IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

44 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

I believe that I have edited this so that the video starts at the right time....

Top editing there CJ . I am sure you didn’t get to where you are today without top editing.
I now need to go and take a long shower I feel like I’ve just been dragged out of the slurry pit. 

Edited by Major Isewater
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, harrys said:

Never been so packed in at a game as we were on the Good Friday in ‘76, the Muller road end was absolutely rammed

That was the 0-0 wasn't it? I was there, I think it was one of the few games my dad took me to. I think it was around a 26000 attendance, which is possibly the biggest home attendance I've seen Rovers play in front of. Anyway, that's my reminiscing for the day done,, as you were.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, harrys said:

Never been so packed in at a game as we were on the Good Friday in ‘76, the Muller road end was absolutely rammed

We were on the left , South stand side ? As you say rammed and it did get lively , I remember the OB panicking a little and batton charging our section. 
Have to say I did like that terrace, specially rammed with about 6,000 City.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Swede said:

I don't miss playing tinpot rovers at all.

Such is the massive gap both on and off the field there is absolutely nothing to gain. I don't get this "putting them in their place" They do a pretty good job of it themselves.

Absolutely......................the ONLY thing we could do is lose !  Nothing to gain whatsoever .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

We were on the left , South stand side ? As you say rammed and it did get lively , I remember the OB panicking a little and batton charging our section. 
Have to say I did like that terrace, specially rammed with about 6,000 City.

As a 14 year old I was stood next to the “smile, say Cheesley” flag, ended up watching the game from the dog track because the terrace was so rammed

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

That was the 0-0 wasn't it? I was there, I think it was one of the few games my dad took me to. I think it was around a 26000 attendance, which is possibly the biggest home attendance I've seen Rovers play in front of. Anyway, that's my reminiscing for the day done,, as you were.

You’re right, it was 0-0, were you playing right-back that day?

a sad saghead customer came in this morning,knows im a red and take the p at every oppotunity,tried to soften the blow by telling me how shite they were saturday and how joeys done the same as last year by binning out his best players and trying to scrape through on loanees, i just said wally must have big holes in his pockets if he wont buy them anything.  dont  really care if he was upset,,weird looking fellow and fits the stig image well,

1 hour ago, Dogbert said:

Looks as if they have filed updated Articles of Association at Companies House - not a very common thing to do. New investors coming on board maybe?

Wait and see exactly what the accompanying shareholder resolution says. However it's clearly some sort of share issue given the short description says there's been an allotment of securities and a waiver of pre-emption rights.

It's likely either a new class of shares being created for some reason, or it's an issue of new shares simultaneous with a change in shareholder rights in the articles.

You're right that this could be new investors.

5 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

a sad saghead customer came in this morning,knows im a red and take the p at every oppotunity,tried to soften the blow by telling me how shite they were saturday and how joeys done the same as last year by binning out his best players and trying to scrape through on loanees, i just said wally must have big holes in his pockets if he wont buy them anything.  dont  really care if he was upset,,weird looking fellow and fits the stig image well,

Customer, you say ? Which charity shop do you work in ?

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Wait and see exactly what the accompanying shareholder resolution says. However it's clearly some sort of share issue given the short description says there's been an allotment of securities and a waiver of pre-emption rights.

It's likely either a new class of shares being created for some reason, or it's an issue of new shares simultaneous with a change in shareholder rights in the articles.

You're right that this could be new investors.

I did note that one of their Directors, Karim somebody, has resigned recently.

Might this be connected?

• Like 1

Just now, PHILINFRANCE said:

Might this be connected?

Potentially. I've never looked at their CH filings but if he held shares as well as being a director then he might have sold those when he resigned and that might have necessitated these changes. It's fairly unlikely though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Might this be connected?

Yes looks like it is pretty much some mundane changes like that. Old articles stated there must be at least 3 directors, now only one required.

• Thanks 1

Not every club's fans can claim this!! See final comment!!

http://storage.proboards.com/5848383/a/c6fIyvbPPO3AI60KH0Wl.gif
How does anyone lose the dressing room? No one has moved it and it's not something like your keys/wallet you put down and forget where you last had it.

We lost a ground once , Eastville . That had two changing rooms ! 

it was better when the players ran out of the portakabins when the cricket stand was being built

59 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

How does anyone lose the dressing room? No one has moved it and it's not something like your keys/wallet you put down and forget where you last had it.

it was better when the players ran out of the portakabins when the cricket stand was being built

Hartlepool lost a dressing room, after Covid they didn’t bother moving away team out of the bar they used to give them more space and then made a bigger changing room combining the home and away changing rooms 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red_Alligator said:

Actually he or it is actually correct. They can loose a changing  room if it flies off in the wind.