IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, myol'man said:

Sorry Southend, you've been told a porkie.

Here's what one of theirs thinks;

Last nights game was one of the most entertaining 0-0 draws I have seen for a long time, Ipswich are possibly the best Side (with the exception of us) I have see down the Mem this season, we coped well with their speed and pace, draw was a fair result but we were a bit unlucky in the second half and probably did enough to get a win.

The implication here being that the gas are actually better than Ipswich?

19pts and 35 (THIRTY FIVE) difference in goal difference would say this is not the case.

They have a self centred view of the world even North Korea would find embarasing!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

An update from their chief executive, looking to remove any “tented stands”

Under no circumstances should anyone here use the email address “feedback@bristolrovers.co.uk”…..

Oops, I seem to have accidentally signed them up to the mailing list for Go Outdoors. Oh well!

• Haha 17

20 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Bless.

Apparently, having more away fans would give them a higher average attendance.

I don't think they get it, do they 

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/20749/potential-attendance

Based on the Ipswich game, the higher the away attendance, the lower the home attendance. Weird as usual that lot

Also 8855 / 12000 capacity is 73.79%

Guess what

20000 / 27000 capacity is 74.07%

Stick that Gassies

Edited by cidercity1987
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Bless.

One voice of realism in there:-

'what is Marvin supposed to do? Are you suggesting he should spend taxpayers money to build us a stadium when we are owned by a multi millionaire banker? Most of those taxpayers have no interest in football and of those that do more than half will support City. '

There seems to be a number of them that have a sense of entitlement. Other clubs have something, so they must have it too. Life isn't like that. It never has been, but at this time of struggling public services and private finance there is no way that a football club is going to get something for nothing.

In my opinion they should forget trying to compare themselves with City. Improve their ground a stand at a time. There isn't a supporter base for anything grander, dreaming of a packed 30,000 new stadium in the Championship is going to fall short on every level.

• Like 9
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Under no circumstances should anyone here use the email address “feedback@bristolrovers.co.uk”…..

Still hiding behind the 'confidentiality agreement' bullshit then ? 

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Based on the Ipswich game, the higher the away attendance, the lower the home attendance. Weird as usual that lot

Also 8855 / 12000 capacity is 73.79%

Guess what

20000 / 27000 capacity is 74.07%

Stick that Gassies

I’ve made this point several times to numerous thick Sagheads who claim they fill their ground whilst we sit in a half empty stadium.

When you look at average attendances over recent years we fill more of our big stadium % wise than they do in their little stadium.

They've even reduced the capacity and STILL struggle to fill it ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

In keeping with their stadium, Gorringe has created the email address “feedback@bristolrovers.co.uk” to canvass opinion. (I’m here all week). 

• Haha 5

On 12/02/2023 at 15:36, Lanterne Rouge said:

Possibly just down for the game as a guest of our new CEO perhaps? Although Palace did play yesterday so you would have thought he would be there.

5 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

One voice of realism in there:-

'what is Marvin supposed to do? Are you suggesting he should spend taxpayers money to build us a stadium when we are owned by a multi millionaire banker? Most of those taxpayers have no interest in football and of those that do more than half will support City. '

There seems to be a number of them that have a sense of entitlement. Other clubs have something, so they must have it too. Life isn't like that. It never has been, but at this time of struggling public services and private finance there is no way that a football club is going to get something for nothing.

In my opinion they should forget trying to compare themselves with City. Improve their ground a stand at a time. There isn't a supporter base for anything grander, dreaming of a packed 30,000 new stadium in the Championship is going to fall short on every level.

I imagine other people along with me may have been at the dump that was Eastville in the fa cup  game in 83 or the wind affected game 84/85 when we will filled the Muller Rd end while those hardy souls in the Tote End stood on their near empty terrace or stretched out on their deck chairs.

wtf do they need a larger ground.They don’t fill the Tarpaulin Land as it is.ffs

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Borderline unreadable.

"...hope, which for some has trickled into expectation." What? What on earth does that mean?

"undoubtably"...sorry do you mean the relatively common English word "undoubtedly".

"...a desire by them all..." surely the desire comes from them all?

"...discussed within the Board minutes..." I assume it was discussed at the Board meeting, and then minutes were produced.

I cannot be arsed to read further. What a load of rubbish.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Bless.

Just had a read of that. Unbelievably they are talking of government grants and levelling up money. “Hi govt, we are a shit lower league football team, and would like some levelling up money to make us better than Bristol City.”

Govt replies. “You sponging bastards **** off and ask your multi billionaire owner to sell his watch or something.”

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Still hiding behind the 'confidentiality agreement' bullshit then ? 

So if I read this correctly he is claiming that they are looking to have a new stand in place for the start of next season at the Alton/Downend Rd side of the ground?

We are already more than halfway through February, plus the new season will presumably start on August 5th.

What sort of structure could you possibly create in that timeframe? As the tented stuff there at present would have to be dismantled, too?

This is going to be another shit temporary structure, isn’t it?

4 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Just had a read of that. Unbelievably they are talking of government grants and levelling up money. “Hi govt, we are a shit lower league football team, and would like some levelling up money to make us better than Bristol City.”

Govt replies. “You sponging bastards **** off and ask your multi billionaire owner to sell his watch or something.”

They’re freeloaders, always have been.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So if I read this correctly he is claiming that they are looking to have a new stand in place for the start of next season at the Alton/Downend Rd side of the ground?

We are already more than halfway through February, plus the new season will presumably start on August 5th.

What sort of structure could you possibly create in that timeframe? As the tented stuff there at present would have to be dismantled, too?

This is going to be another shit temporary structure, isn’t it?

Has to be doesn’t it, unless planning permission has suddenly become a swift, efficient well oiled machine. Oh…. hold on, don’t they have previous of not applying for that. Best keep quiet ?

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

FINALLY, an admission that there isn’t “a blue half” of Bristol. 

I expect he is already banned.

• Like 1