IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Ahhh they’re finally getting it. He’s dragging them down due to how he is. But the thing that should worry them the most, is he’s so deep rooted that when he goes they’re in real, real deep shit. Their squad is tiny, old, and heavily dependant on loanees.

Their coaching staff & recruitment staff are all his pals, and if rumours are true he banished all academy coaches and players from the first team set up so there’s absolutely no continuity or succession planning. 

Wael and Gorridge are clearly massively out of their depth, in Wael’s case not interested, so no chance they have the balls to sack him unless it gets properly nuclear. 

They may have some FFP problems on the way. Wael (Hanni) has bet on Joey and approved an overspend on the wage bill. It's roughly a top 10 wage bill so below that is going to be underachievement. 

Barton has the hallmarks of a pretty average manager. Pressure is building too. Six defeats in seven games, he needs results fast.

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They`ve implemented voter ID. They can only vote if they can produce a season ticket.

Just spotted the option with the most votes is to stick with him even if they get relegated without winning another game. **** me dead. 

Isnt this the sort of psychological state that started Scientology?

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Just spotted the option with the most votes is to stick with him even if they get relegated without winning another game. **** me dead. 

Isnt this the sort of psychological state that started Scientology?

I’d vote for that if I could. 

He’ll destroy them from within. Can’t wait. 

14 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Didn't he infer that it was because of the bloke in the crowd who was having a suspected heart attack that they lost?

"We were on top until the enforced break upset our rhythm"

Well it makes a change from it being the ref, the ball boy or the opposition manager & their prehistoric tactics..

Really inconsiderate nearly dying like that, didn’t he realise that they were one nil up against the mighty Burton Albion?

Edited by GrahamC

10 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

40C21489-A032-425C-9594-C4B20D1DC167.png

B5655722-7F64-43A9-A62B-5A78CF925003.png

I'm confused, so Barton has influence on the outer edges of the club ?
He goes and it affects the heart of the Club ?
Barton laid foundations, but also put up some nice pictures and flowers, and stocked the kitchen ?
Nige did a rebuild here, but I'm not sure he had a hand in the wallpapering, Go Joey :winner_third_h4h:

9 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Rovers play Port Vale at the end of April. Matty Taylor is on loan at Port Vale. Imagine him scoring the goal that sends them down….

Let's hope his actual club on Saturday does a job first.

The teams at the bottom are just so poor I doubt Rovers need many more points to stay up anyway, would love to be wrong as they are in freefall but they will pick up some points somewhere. Last season at the same point Morecambe were on 30 points from 32 games in the last relegation place so pretty much the same, and they stayed up with 42 points, Fleetwood stayed up on GD on a paltry 40 points.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Let's hope his actual club on Saturday does a job first.

The teams at the bottom are just so poor I doubt Rovers need many more points to stay up anyway, would love to be wrong as they are in freefall but they will pick up some points somewhere. Last season at the same point Morecambe were on 30 points from 32 games in the last relegation place so pretty much the same, and they stayed up with 42 points, Fleetwood stayed up on GD on a paltry 40 points.

Division three isn't one I'd like to be in at present, there are several very strong clubs blocking anyone else from coming anywhere near promotion and then there are some terrible sides jostling for relegation so every other club only has a nothing season of treading water to which to look forward each year.

Maybe it's been like that for a while as we really struggled to get out of it for years despite most of us expecting a rapid bounce back following relegation.

'Promotion chasing Bristol Rovers' are in a scrap for sure. That last goal just shows how a game can go in that division. I suspect teams will play on their lack of confidence in defence, lots of long balls and crosses to target men. Not pretty but effective. Will the loanees have the fight in them or will they have one eye on their summer holidays and a different plan for next season?

It needs a calm head to lead and I am not sure they have that.

We were in a similar position only a few weeks ago but with a manager who has vast experience and academy players who feel part of the club.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Division three isn't one I'd like to be in at present, there are several very strong clubs blocking anyone else from coming anywhere near promotion and then there are some terrible sides jostling for relegation so every other club only has a nothing season of treading water to which to look forward each year.

Maybe it's been like that for a while as we really struggled to get out of it for years despite most of us expecting a rapid bounce back following relegation.

I believe we were `lucky` in a sense that in the season we ran away with the league it was a relatively weak division. It was only really Blades & PNE that were close to us in terms of real competition with the likes of Swindon & MK Dons pushing at the next level down. That`s not to say we weren`t brilliant and deserved to be champions but I think it might be a different story nowadays.

Unbelievable to think Chesterfield were in the last play off spot and Coventry & Barnsley nowhere.

• Like 1

A couple of posters on here were tipping them for the playoffs a few weeks ago! ?? I pointed out their negative goal difference and terrible record against the better teams….

They are now 18 points off 6th place having played two games more. Still think they can do it?

By the same token, thinking they are going to be relegated is wishful thinking. They probably only need a couple more wins to be safe. 

Edited by Wanderingred

29 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I believe we were `lucky` in a sense that in the season we ran away with the league it was a relatively weak division. It was only really Blades & PNE that were close to us in terms of real competition with the likes of Swindon & MK Dons pushing at the next level down. That`s not to say we weren`t brilliant and deserved to be champions but I think it might be a different story nowadays.

Unbelievable to think Chesterfield were in the last play off spot and Coventry & Barnsley nowhere.

Imo it felt like Swindon and MK Dons were the real competition for most of the season. MK Dons were smashing teams up, getting over 100 goals. Chesterfield had a good little team then i think. Was it Morsy, Doyle and Clucas to name just a few? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

'Promotion chasing Bristol Rovers' are in a scrap for sure. That last goal just shows how a game can go in that division. I suspect teams will play on their lack of confidence in defence, lots of long balls and crosses to target men. Not pretty but effective. Will the loanees have the fight in them or will they have one eye on their summer holidays and a different plan for next season?

It needs a calm head to lead and I am not sure they have that.

We were in a similar position only a few weeks ago but with a manager who has vast experience and academy players who feel part of the club.

When they last went down he was throwing his players under the bus. This season they are mostly his playes and he still throws them under the bus albeit alot less. They are playing 5 out of the top ten in the next 6 games including Forest Green battling for survival ( would love to see Ferguson put Joey in his place on the touchline ). I think they could easily be drawn into a relegation scrap and Joey is not the man you want for one of those.

42 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Maybe but then I think that balanced out the early 2000s when we were sharing the third tier with some very strong bankrolled sides such as Wigan, Cardiff, Reading, plus fallen giants like Stoke. I think our 2002-03 team would have won the league more years than not.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

Rovers play Port Vale at the end of April. Matty Taylor is on loan at Port Vale. Imagine him scoring the goal that sends them down….

I doubt he`ll play. Don`t forget, according to the deluded fools north of the river, he is too feared to set foot on the pitch when faced with the dribbling morons that follow them.

33 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

When they last went down he was throwing his players under the bus. This season they are mostly his playes and he still throws them under the bus albeit alot less. They are playing 5 out of the top ten in the next 6 games including Forest Green battling for survival ( would love to see Ferguson put Joey in his place on the touchline ). I think they could easily be drawn into a relegation scrap and Joey is not the man you want for one of those.

He wasn’t the man for it 2 years ago either 

37 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Wasn’t his relegation in his eyes though remember. Even this his record was considerably worse than Tisdale and Garner