IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Sadly I fear that means that when we eventually do lose again you can pretty much guarantee he will be on here acting the tool before you can say “Tote Scrote”.

That’s fine, he was the gift even when the tables were, somewhat, turned.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I keep writing serious comments on this thread and then deleting them as the comedy value is so high.

Let's take the point above about health and safety. If they have test events they will need a full crowd to make that work. How are they going to fill the ground?

Inflatable supporters - after all, no shortage of hot air at the minimalist village..

18 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I didnt realise the upgraded stand that they “should” get is actually a tin roof. They are literally tinpot.

The fact they have announced a new stand (of sorts) with no drawings, planning permission or even a decision on what it is, says all you need to know about the announcement.  They haven't even completed surveys to check if they can actually do anything at all!  They have just thrown the dogs a bone to cheer them up with this.

Nobody with any integrity or common sense would announce anything at all until it was at least agreed what you were planning to build and what it was to look like, and indeed whether you could actually build it at all!

The vagueness of the information combined with completely unrealistic timescales of the start of next season is mind boggling from a CEO!

Edited by Tinmans Love Child
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The vagueness of the information combined with completely unrealistic timescales of the start of next season is mind boggling from a CEO!

He's just a man who knows his audience.

Much like when Wally announced three years ago that they'd be in a new stadium at the fruit market within a couple of years, he knows that it'll keep the 15ers happy and he won't be held accountable in any way. 

• Like 1

posted on Gasworks an ago :

Chris Brown has put on Facebook that Conygar are no longer interested in building a stadium at FM site.

Not too unhappy as always felt it is a rubbish location to get to.

South Gloucestershire council are Pro us, there must be a bit of land available that we can use.

We need plenty of parking, and let the fans drink in a stadium bar to maximise revenue."

13 minutes ago, NickNick58 said:

Chris Brown has put on Facebook that Conygar are no longer interested in building a stadium at FM site.

South Gloucestershire council are Pro us, there must be a bit of land available that we can use.

We need plenty of parking, and let the fans drink in a stadium bar to maximise revenue."

It was never going to work, another delusion comes to an abrupt halt when it meets reality.

17 minutes ago, NickNick58 said:

Isn't Chris Brown a singer?

A mate of mine (sadly a Gashead) has informed me that a group of wives (all Gasheads) are going to Ashton Gate tomorrow for the England Womens game. They have tickets for the Lansdown Stand and have never been to the Gate before. There must be quite a few others going too.

Wouldn’t it be good to see their faces and listen to their reactions as they enter the concourse.

What do you think their first comments would be?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

A mate of mine (sadly a Gashead) has informed me that a group of wives (all Gasheads) are going to Ashton Gate tomorrow for the England Womens game. They have tickets for the Lansdown Stand and have never been to the Gate before. There must be quite a few others going too.

Wouldn’t it be good to see their faces and listen to their reactions as they enter the concourse.

Also to see the husbands faces when they get home and tell them what it is really like.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, NickNick58 said:

Bitton FC (based in South Glioucs) folded recently.

Not the ideal venue for Rovers, but a ground that can easily accommodate their "enormous" following.

Mind you, it would take the Blue Few a bit of time to get used to such luxury.

10 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

"Look - Championship toilets"

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, phantom said:

I see that the guy who leaked the UWE deal falling through (Chris Brown - yes the one that wrote "that" book) has this morning announced that Conygar are no longer interested in building any ground at the Fruit Market

They didn't want it anyway as not enough parking for them! ?

Post by pucklegas on 2 hours ago

We need plenty of parking, and let the fans drink in a stadium bar to maximise revenue.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Super said:

We need plenty of parking, and let the fans drink in a stadium bar to maximise revenue.

So they want a new stadium so they can do some Championship ready drink driving.

#GasLogic

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Super said:

They seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the drink drive rules

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Not necessarily this group but you can almost guarantee one of the Blue Few will go to this and think they're clever by wearing some sort of Rovers clobber and feel the need to post it all over social media as if it's some sort of achievement. Just like when a few went down for their Covid jabs and wore their clown outfits!

"Look at me I wore da famous quarterz at Trashton"!

• Like 1

Another inbred writes...

"Wael will now surely realise BCC and all their cohorts are anti BRFC. I just hope Wael does not throw in the towel and move on from dealing with this toxic protest central city."

I assume he means Bristol City Council who - to the best of my knowledge - have never turned down any planning application for a new stadium from either football club, or maybe he means the Bristol City Council who don't own or have any commercial interest in the site they were hoping to get this new stadium built and therefore aren't remotely responsible for the sell, development or funding for this venture. 

Obviously, there are loads of really good reasons why people who work for the council might be 'anti BRFC' but those are probably mostly due to the fact that they are the bestest, most loyal (and true - whatever that means) fans in the world and that they are the world's best at being a favourite 'second club' - and that they have billions locked out every week.