IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

18 minutes ago, southside said:

Gloucester Cup at ours in 74 was their best pop at us, not done a lot since, though plenty of excuses

Flag pole torn down and thrown around the open end?.Well we looked at them doing that and said to one another,that’s the first and last time they ever take the piss.

12 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

To be fair,for something written in crayon it’s not too bad.

And hanging it in the away end deminishes the attempt at trying to be a bit edgy. 

Effecitvely, what we have here is a Fewer too poor to buy a proper seat in a developed part of the stadium, licking the plastic seat* a Cardiff fan has used and putting up a flag that was probably last in the stadium 20-odd years ago.

*Not sure they have access to windows in the away end. 

Still, thanks for the money, I'm sure that your tenner ticket, bar spend and food intake made it worthwhile! 

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

And hanging it in the away end deminishes the attempt at trying to be a bit edgy. 

Effecitvely, what we have here is a Fewer too poor to buy a proper seat in a developed part of the stadium, licking the plastic seat* a Cardiff fan has used and putting up a flag that was probably last in the stadium 20-odd years ago.

Still, thanks for the money, I'm sure that your tenner ticket, bar spend and food intake made it worthwhile! 

A lot of people are too poor to buy the more expensive seats but they were there. Fair play to them. I hope they enjoyed their experience.

At least their attempts to be edgy can be laughed at. 

16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They can drink better quality toilet water at AG.

7 minutes ago, David Brent said:

A lot of people are too poor to buy the more expensive seats but they were there. Fair play to them. I hope they enjoyed their experience.

At least their attempts to be edgy can be laughed at. 

Oh, please don't get me wrong - I'm only accusing the fewer of being poor because they're a fewer. Not because I don't have sympathy with people who are struggling. Reading it back, it wasn't the wisest comment to make.

Please allow me to review my comment and note that the large space around the flag was probably because it smells badly of wee. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Oh, please don't get me wrong - I'm only accusing the fewer of being poor because they're a fewer. Not because I don't have sympathy with people who are struggling. Reading it back, it wasn't the wisest comment to make.

Please allow me to review my comment and note that the large space around the flag was probably because it smells badly of wee. 

Thanks for putting me off my lunch Rob!

• Haha 2

I have worked it out I think, they were probably the retired trades that will keep their hands in building the new roof at the Mem and wanted to see how a permanent structure is made.

Perhaps they made some notes:-

1. Going to need a bigger step ladder.

2. Can't see where the ropes go.

3. What are the hexagonal ends on those spiral thingys?

11 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Years ago, my mate let fly a ripper in the pub and cleared the place.

I know someone who's famous for that.  I once had the misfortune to be stood near him when his flatulence caused the enormous bear-like pub dog at The Golden Fleece in Bath to run away whimpering with fear. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, GreedyHarry said:

Meanwhile the saggies on Gaschat are flying with a thread on the talk of a new ‘temporary’ stand.

In a trend reflective of their attendance bullshit, I’d give it a day or so and it’ll be a triple tiered horseshoe.

It's because they're doing badly on the pitch at the moment that the club/Wally need to drip feed them a bit of a reason to have some optimism, everyone knows their plans for a new stadium are nonsense, and Wally has probably thought.... 'We'll need to start selling season tickets again soon, so we'd best give them something to hold on to' 

And with their supporters being of a mindset that they'll take anything offered to them at face value despite never getting anything promised or suggested, that'll keep them quiet for a few more years.

Meanwhile, they'll decide that Wally is a leg-end, and that if it doesn't happen, they'll boycott Sainsbury's again and that'll show everyone that they mean business. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

In the latest issue of “local man is liar”, Sam Frost has travelled deep into Joeys rectum to reflect on two years of Barton at the gas. It’s quite the read.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-joey-barton-two-8177027

”With 10,000 gasheads in full voice, nothing seems impossible at the Mem”

”Attendances at the mem often break through the 9,000 barrier”

Lets just check how often nothing seems impossible by seeing when 10k rovers attend, and also how “often” (dictionary definition: Frequently) that 9k barrier is breached:

Oh. 

37F1F474-099B-4361-8849-34B507155466.jpeg

It's so obvious that Frost is shit scared of upsetting Barton, so far up his ass it's unreal.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

In the latest issue of “local man is liar”, Sam Frost has travelled deep into Joeys rectum to reflect on two years of Barton at the gas. It’s quite the read.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-joey-barton-two-8177027

Lets just check how often nothing seems impossible by seeing when 10k rovers attend, and also how “often” (dictionary definition: Frequently) that 9k barrier is breached:

Oh. 

So ignore the facts (as they do), what you're saying is, that despite all the hot-air that gets blown up their asses (from themselves, the club, and Mr Frost), their biggest crowds are between 9-9800 (let's round up and add a few on to make it look better), and then those are the local teams that are quite likely to bring a few thousand themselves because it's a local "derby". 

10,000 gasheads. Where?

9 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Oh. 

So, other than when playing West Country rivals who brought loads of away supporters with them, the only time the Mem has broken that 9,000 barrier is 8th October against Cambridge when it broke it by, er, 7.

We have more people queueing for a half-time piss than they get in their stadium!

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Taz said:

So ignore the facts (as they do), what you're saying is, that despite all the hot-air that gets blown up their asses (from themselves, the club, and Mr Frost), their biggest crowds are between 9-9800 (let's round up and add a few on to make it look better), and then those are the local teams that are quite likely to bring a few thousand themselves because it's a local "derby". 

10,000 gasheads. Where?

Back in 1976 for the last time they averaged 10k (just), they may have hit 10k for the odd game since then (mostly against us I suspect).

47 years ago.

That bloke who "reports" on them in the Post needs educating.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/brir.htm

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 1